What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

I found this funnier than I probably should have 😂

It’s all good Jess. It’s okay to have a little fun here. As a matter of fact, it’s encouraged to a certain extent. Also, and FWIW, I will neither confirm nor deny if I was drinking when I started the new thread. 😉🥃 Welcome aboard Jess. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

I found this funnier than I probably should have 😂

Stick around, we’re just getting started.

Busy day today. Finally getting a chance to kick back and relax a little. Weller 12 in the glass. 😙

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

24 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Busy day today. Finally getting a chance to kick back and relax a little. Weller 12 in the glass. 😙

Biba! Joe

The same over here, cheers Joe!

• I like it 2

Impromptu Weller ladder this evening. Weller 12, followed by Weller Antique and Weller Full Proof. Odd occurrence with the FP. The cap broke. Not the cork, the cap. The cap is wood with a cork insert. A chunk of wood broke off. It’s all good though. I had an extra cap. Whoda thunkit?🤣

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 1

49 minutes ago, markandrex said:

WT101 this evening

Me too. This bottle I opened last night is the best 101 I’ve had in a while, and they’ve all been really, really good. 

7 hours ago, markandrex said:

WT101 this evening

6 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Me too. This bottle I opened last night is the best 101 I’ve had in a while, and they’ve all been really, really good. 

Me three! WT101 is absolutely killing it.

• I like it 1

I've been so busy lately planning, shopping, supervising, and cleaning up after my son's seventh birthday party.  I have a super high energy 1st grader, who chooses friends just like him.  Some of the little girls are even the wilder ones.  Several were even crying or arguing with parents/grandparents at the end.  They were having such a good time, didn't want to go home.  I got too worn out to pour or post a several days.  Luckily, finally got caught up on everything, and had a nice visit with my old friend JTS Brown the other night.

• I like it 10

Impulse buy.  

It's a gimmicky backstory,  but I like almost everything I've tried out of BBC.

It's a  blend of 4 high rye bourbons.

28% 4 yr  70/21/0/9

25% 3yr 60/36/0/4

24% 13yr 74/18/0/8

23% 15 yr 78.5/13/0/8.5

20220217_194430.jpg

• I like it 1

At  Toledo Bend enjoying some Weller FP, a good fire, and sunset. And Buddy is in the background playing. 
6A359E41-09FE-40B0-B843-CBADD564575F.thumb.jpeg.83c8d888be7234adf5277434314a62e8.jpeg

• I like it 12

32 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

At  Toledo Bend enjoying some Weller FP, a good fire, and sunset. And Buddy is in the background playing. 
6A359E41-09FE-40B0-B843-CBADD564575F.thumb.jpeg.83c8d888be7234adf5277434314a62e8.jpeg

Bottom left to top left. That's a bit of a haul if you have property there. Good to see that you carry your fire everywhere you go... 😎👍

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

JBDC this afternoon/evening.

I need to open one of my last two bottles soon; want to finish an Old Tub first.

More KC tonight, plus a sampling of a couple KC/KCSiB blends at different proofs that have been mingling several weeks.

• I like it 2

30 minutes ago, lemonman said:

More KC tonight, plus a sampling of a couple KC/KCSiB blends at different proofs that have been mingling several weeks.

That's sounds like a fun experiment.  KC110 sounds pretty good!  

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That's sounds like a fun experiment.  KC110 sounds pretty good!  

It was fellow Knob Creek-er @bayouredd who posted that a while ago and made me try it. A 60/40 mix makes 108pf and very tasty, better than the 105pf blend, I haven't done the sbs, but pretty sure the 108 is gonna kick sand in the face of Baker's, not that it's not good, as well... it's cheaper, too, which earns big points for a cheap bastard like me.

• I like it 4

32 minutes ago, lemonman said:

It was fellow Knob Creek-er @bayouredd who posted that a while ago and made me try it. A 60/40 mix makes 108pf and very tasty, better than the 105pf blend, I haven't done the sbs, but pretty sure the 108 is gonna kick sand in the face of Baker's, not that it's not good, as well... it's cheaper, too, which earns big points for a cheap bastard like me.

That's one of the fun parts of this community.  Learning new and interesting ways to enjoy bourbon.  I love experimenting with blends.

• I like it 1

When I have difficulty deciding what to pour, I try to become one with my environment and let my decision be driven by my surroundings.

Since I am old and there are trees behind my house, I opted for Old Forester.  OF100 to be exact since I am 100% certain I will enjoy it.

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.