What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was having difficulty determining my next pour.  I looked in the bunker and found a FRSmB Select.  It said "select" so I did.  Besides, it is the Bourbon of the Month. 

• I like it 6

We're relaxing on our last night of a quick weekend getaway to Charlottesville,  Va.   Mrs. Skinsfan picked the traveling whiskey. I have no problem with her choices.😉

20220219_212646.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

When I have difficulty deciding what to pour, I try to become one with my environment and let my decision be driven by my surroundings.

Since I am old and there are trees behind my house, I opted for Old Forester.  OF100 to be exact since I am 100% certain I will enjoy it.

Heehee!  Well done!!  😁

• I like it 2

I opted for OF100 for my initial pour.  We had a nice visit but he headed back to the bunker.  I then invited Russell over.  He came by himself in a Single Barrel and he delivered the goods.  RRSmBSiB, a right fine pour for a Sunday evening with a Monday vacation day to follow.

• I like it 3

On 2/17/2022 at 8:02 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Impulse buy.  

It's a gimmicky backstory,  but I like almost everything I've tried out of BBC.

It's a  blend of 4 high rye bourbons.

28% 4 yr  70/21/0/9

25% 3yr 60/36/0/4

24% 13yr 74/18/0/8

23% 15 yr 78.5/13/0/8.5

20220217_194430.jpg

What in the world. How is this?

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, LvR Mike said:

Starting with a MM101. I'm glad people don't grab them all so I can go get one when I need it.

Amen!  🙏 I see it on the shelf at a few places here at a decent price. Even though I have a few in the bunker, I cringe a little when I walk out of a store without buying  another one. 😬

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Having a pour of JW Dant BIB. I’ve been rotating between Evan Williams BIB, Wild Turkey 101 and it for awhile now. It’s interesting how different the Dant and Evan Williams are being the same mashbill.

• I like it 3

My niece recently got engaged to a bourbon drinking man, so I had to officially welcome him to the fold.

3FE1CA2A-5BF0-43EA-B5C4-85F6E432E2FF.jpeg

• I like it 12

14 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

What in the world. How is this?

Yeah...that's what I thought too.

It's very, very good.  Bardstown Bourbon Company does a heckuva job blending whiskey, and they've hit a home run on this one.   It's somewhat similiar to some of the Discovery series bottles that I've tried in the past and it's cheaper too.   At $100.00, it wasn't exactly cheap, but I have no regrets about dropping the $$ on this one and would buy it again.

• I like it 1

A chewy sorta* bottle-kill pour of some hazmat WLW to celebrate President's Day!

IMG_20220221_175146.thumb.jpg.bf9b4b74c0cfcdb3067d8a41a4465e62.jpg

* Technically still have some, as I was decanting what I had left, and guessed the remaining volume wrong by about . . . a heavy ounce or so.  Oops :P 

• I like it 12

A little old school Old Fo SB sbs tonight (sample thanks to another SBer).

Both 90p old rectangular bottles.  Mine is more spicy, the other is richer, and more musty banana forward.

I like them both in different ways. 🤷🏻‍♂️

9C306037-42C6-485E-BC38-6AEE6904769C.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 2/21/2022 at 12:54 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yeah...that's what I thought too.

It's very, very good.  Bardstown Bourbon Company does a heckuva job blending whiskey, and they've hit a home run on this one.   It's somewhat similiar to some of the Discovery series bottles that I've tried in the past and it's cheaper too.   At $100.00, it wasn't exactly cheap, but I have no regrets about dropping the $$ on this one and would buy it again.

Will buy if I ever see it in my area.

• I like it 1

Just did a blind tasting between 3 bourbons I've never had before which consists of MMCS, OGD114, and WTRB.

I want to personally thank every one of you who have talked about those 3 since I joined. It was impossible to pick between them.

... and if you're wondering, OGD114 did end up taking it.

• I like it 5

Picked up a 4R single because it has letter "N" all over the front, rick & barrel.  NN & N. and today is 2/22/22/ 2usday.  It's okay.  Par for single.  I've had super single picks that were good, this is drinkable.  No complexity.  Little wood.  Young.  Does have interesting flavor and lingering faint but long after.  

But then I'm jaded.  Last couple days exclusive 2011 GTS and WT traditions 14 yr.  I definitely disagree with rarebird101.com 2019 review, this WT chunky choc full o' finesse.  

Moved on to ER10, maybe hit ER17 or OF1920 next?  Here's Basil 10 yr and a screw top mckenna BIB.  Life is good if we allow it to be.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

Stagg Jr (b16) in the glass tonight.

going thru boxes and came across a sealed cauliflower WT Spirit.  na-na-na-boo-boo.  Don't worry, I'll save ya some.

• I like it 1

Widow Jane 10 at the hotel bar after a badass cocktail-centric meeting. Very Tullahomaesque tonight— which is great. 

• I like it 3

On 2/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, GaryT said:

A chewy sorta* bottle-kill pour of some hazmat WLW to celebrate President's Day!

The 2014 was the first WLW I tasted. Took a pour (and another) from a local restaurant here in MEM and the next night I went back again. I have no memory about the food on either night but boy I sure remember the whiskey. BAMM! 

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.