What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

John J. Bowman.   Fantastic bottle.  Put it head to head with a Smoke Wagon UCUF.  Blew it away.

• I like it 4

WR Wheat Whiskey is tasting great tonight. Though still present, the WR house profile is less up front so more of the wheater sweetness is coming through.

• I like it 4

On 3/26/2022 at 10:48 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

BBC Fusion #6.

Very nice bourbon indeed!

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, flahute said:

WR Wheat Whiskey is tasting great tonight. Though still present, the WR house profile is less up front so more of the wheater sweetness is coming through.

Not one that I have had.  I have had Bernheim Wheat Whiskey and found it thin and hot.  It had much more of a burn than I expected.  How does this compare?

18 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220331_181022.jpg

I was undecided but now I plan to join you for some FRSiB.  

• I like it 1

Full, full, day.  Just now getting outside for a bourbon decompress.  My cost of goods are still rising, import supply chain still a mess, and had to get 25 containers placed today to beat the latest of the unyielding price increases…and who knows when they’ll deliver…Damn, I have 8 containers now sitting in the Bahamas, because Charleston, SC Port turned the boat away due to over-congestion.  

Bowman Small Batch over ice with the setting Sun is a nice combo to help get me to “I don’t give a Fucksville”… If Jimmy Buffett tries to steal that, I’ll sue his ass…😂. Then I’ll head to the Bahamas for an inspection of my product and a few Margaritas 😁

A3F55AEA-CEE4-4765-9D87-8BB59FD77AA4.jpeg

• I like it 9

Finishing off this bottle of Weller Antique while puffin on this Privada Cigar 1 and workin on my PMP certification school. Cheers!!!

641799D0-EE81-4148-B1AE-7024E35FD0F3.jpeg

• I like it 3

I picked this New Riff Sib store pick up today. It's about 4.5 years old. This is a really nice bourbon. 

5A7A6D68-20E1-4660-8737-8FA592994A5A.jpeg

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not one that I have had.  I have had Bernheim Wheat Whiskey and found it thin and hot.  It had much more of a burn than I expected.  How does this compare?

Haven't had regular Bernheim in about 8 years so can't compare to the current version. The WR is far from thin and had no burn at all. It tends to be WR house style forward but last night not as much.

• I like it 1

It's time to pass the torch from Donahoe's Batch to the Bardstown Batch.  Side by side, the decision goes to the new kid in town,  with a dark fruit undertone that kills me.

20220331_221627.jpg

• I like it 4

20 minutes ago, flahute said:

The WR is far from thin and had no burn at all. It tends to be WR house style forward but last night not as much.

The WR Wheat is actually a 4 grain. I like it a lot. Very fruit forward.

Tonight we went to a tasting for a few allocated things. Caribou Crossing, OWA, ETL, and SJR B17. The CC was thin and bland. The OWA was it's usual awesome self. This ETL surprised me. It was really good. Had a VERY distinct apple note on the nose. SJR B17 (aka the last jr.) is stellar. It would have made a fine GTS.

Mrs. Clueby of course talked her way into 3 pours of SJR. 🤣

We went in the hopes there would be some bottles for purchase/lottery but alas it was not to be.

Having a bit of MM101 back at home.

20220331_182837.thumb.jpg.de521abdea2b559e34ce58712c9a4343.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 4

12 minutes ago, Clueby said:

The WR Wheat is actually a 4 grain. I like it a lot. Very fruit forward.

Ah! Did not realize that.

The WR Wheat Whiskey tasting great again. Following with EW1783 which I've been loving ever since buying a bottle for BOTM. Bourbon zen is smashing down the door y'all!

• I like it 4

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I was undecided but now I plan to join you for some FRSiB.  

LOL!  

I find myself doing the same thing...looking for inspiration on the board on what to pour.

Deciding on what you want to have, when you have so many bottles, is a good "problem" to have 😉

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Full, full, day.  Just now getting outside for a bourbon decompress.  My cost of goods are still rising, import supply chain still a mess, and had to get 25 containers placed today to beat the latest of the unyielding price increases…and who knows when they’ll deliver…Damn, I have 8 containers now sitting in the Bahamas, because Charleston, SC Port turned the boat away due to over-congestion.  

Bowman Small Batch over ice with the setting Sun is a nice combo to help get me to “I don’t give a Fucksville”… If Jimmy Buffett tries to steal that, I’ll sue his ass…😂. Then I’ll head to the Bahamas for an inspection of my product and a few Margaritas 😁

A3F55AEA-CEE4-4765-9D87-8BB59FD77AA4.jpeg

It sounds like Joey needs to do a site inspection on those eight containers. You know, just to make sure everything is okay. 

Grill heating up!

Flounder seasoned & planked; Crabmeat seasoned & topped with butter

All ready for pecan wood smoking, but more than that...

The ETL is kicking Friday's A$$!!!

• I like it 3

I don’t know if you’d call it “drinking,” but I bought and opened this 50mL single today. Poured it, snapped the picture, took a sip and dumped the rest down the drain. The moment it hit my lips, I knew it was entirely too young, grain-forward and rough around the edges. Just not my vibe. I’d rather save the calories and booze intake for something I actually want to drink. 

Anyway, happy Friday, SB fam. 

358C5CD8-67B6-4FA1-9C1A-9C24E39FAAEA.jpeg

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Grill heating up!

Flounder seasoned & planked; Crabmeat seasoned & topped with butter

All ready for pecan wood smoking, but more than that...

The ETL is kicking Friday's A$$!!!

You go!! ✊✊

I’m ready to turn the page to the weekend, myself.  Picked up a KC 9 yr, and just cracked it.  Figured it was going to be another messy battle to get to the first pour, but the tear strip peeled back like buttah.  Clean, and no brittle wax bits everywhere. A little thicker cork top it seems, to give a little more to grab on to, and I didn’t need to utilize my G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip shit to tug that suckah out!  😁

I think my last KC was better in the opening department than it had been, and this seems even better than that.

Since opening day is just a week away, I’ll go some baseball on y’all…opening start to this Knob Creek was…No Tugs, No Bits, No Errors.
Ba-dum-bump…pssshhh…🤪

46734FBF-15DF-4BE9-9AC6-A342D17D3BBB.jpeg

• I like it 8

37 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Can't go wrong with KC 9 year. It's my favorite sweet tea bourbon.

Is there any other type of tea?  😁

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

like buttah. 

that suckah out!  😁

Since opening day is just a week away, I’ll go some baseball on y’all…opening start to this Knob Creek was…No Tugs, No Bits, No Errors.
Ba-dum-bump…pssshhh…🤪

When I was in the Army in the 70's, a guy from Texas of all places, dogged me out about the Louisiana lingo and how we didn't say our R's. After a few examples, I said that we did not talk like that ova there! Sh!+, ova instead of over. He was right. So buttah is a good word. 😛👌

7th inning stretch - Hell yes on the KC...

56 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Is there any other type of tea?  😁

Come with me, my friend, to a Chinatown near you and let me introduce to a plethora of amazing, non-sweet teas.  But if I'm having barbeque at Fox Brothers, it's "half and half" for me!   🥰

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.