What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Come with me, my friend, to a Chinatown near you and let me introduce to a plethora of amazing, non-sweet teas.  But if I'm having barbeque at Fox Brothers, it's "half and half" for me!   🥰

"Tea is horrible. Absolute garbage water. I don't know why y'all do that."

i do like me some sweet tea though

5 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Can't go wrong with KC 9 year. It's my favorite sweet tea bourbon.

do you mean the bourbon is sweet or you like to put it in your sweet tea? I’m new here lol

• I like it 1

Thread drift I know,but… 😉 Mainly for @beasled , but @GeeTen and others too. When I was in the Army way back when, as per my username, I spent a lot of my off time at the bowling alley. I became acquainted with a retiree and his British wife. Truly wonderful people. They had a daughter that I became friends with. Honestly, friends and nothing serious. On occasion, we’d go out together. When I’d take her home, her parents would always invite me in, and her mother would always serve tea she received from her family in the UK. It was great. It bared little resemblance to the stuff we had here in the states back then. 🫖

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

38 minutes ago, Peprsprayyoface said:

"Tea is horrible. Absolute garbage water. I don't know why y'all do that."

i do like me some sweet tea though

do you mean the bourbon is sweet or you like to put it in your sweet tea? I’m new here lol

In the sweet tea. Double shot of bourbon then fill the rest of the glass up with tea. 

Also, welcome to the forum!

• I like it 1

There is also sweet tea flavored vodka that works okay when mixed. Except you will be f**cked up in the morning. ;) 

4 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

There is also sweet tea flavored vodka that works okay when mixed. Except you will be f**cked up in the morning. ;) 

LMFAO!!! 🤣 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You go!! ✊✊

I’m ready to turn the page to the weekend, myself.  Picked up a KC 9 yr, and just cracked it.  Figured it was going to be another messy battle to get to the first pour, but the tear strip peeled back like buttah.  Clean, and no brittle wax bits everywhere. A little thicker cork top it seems, to give a little more to grab on to, and I didn’t need to utilize my G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip shit to tug that suckah out!  😁

I think my last KC was better in the opening department than it had been, and this seems even better than that.

Since opening day is just a week away, I’ll go some baseball on y’all…opening start to this Knob Creek was…No Tugs, No Bits, No Errors.
Ba-dum-bump…pssshhh…🤪

46734FBF-15DF-4BE9-9AC6-A342D17D3BBB.jpeg

Guess we're on kinda the same wavelength tonight, judging from your photo. Started with a generous pour of Buffalo Trace, just finished a palate-cleansing 16 ounce tallboy of Pabst Blue Ribbon, and now that damn Knob Creek 9 bottle is calling to me. By the way, nice tomahawks in the background. If I were a little older, I'd resent you for stealing our Braves (that we stole from Boston). As it stands, I'm just a little jealous of your weather. 

24 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

In the sweet tea. Double shot of bourbon then fill the rest of the glass up with tea. 

Also, welcome to the forum!

Thanks!!!

what’s the Knob 9 like straight up?

5 hours ago, beasled said:

Er... 

Don't get between an Englishman and his tea.

• I like it 1

Back on thread.  I’m having a couple of pours of BT tonight. I haven’t had much to drink lately. Lot’s going on right now. 😕 I kinda said screw everything tonight. The BT is tasting purty darned good. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, Peprsprayyoface said:

Thanks!!!

what’s the Knob 9 like straight up?

Brown sugar and oak.

Started with Maker's Mark, followed by knob creek (suposedly 10yr old). 

Hard to find a pub/restaurant with a bourbon selection here. Followed by two helpings of Waterford Cuvée in the next place as they had no bourbon. 

Starting my sabbatical the right way 😁

IMG_20220402_140647.jpg

• I like it 6

Continuing to drink down the bunker with some 4 Roses Small Batch Select. I’m feeling very proud of myself for drinking out of the stash.

• I like it 3

BT this evening, waiting for the stuffed peppers to come out of the oven.

• I like it 2

On 4/1/2022 at 11:20 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Back on thread.  I’m having a couple of pours of BT tonight. I haven’t had much to drink lately. Lot’s going on right now. 😕 I kinda said screw everything tonight. The BT is tasting purty darned good. 🙂

Biba! Joe

I hope you  & yours are ok, Joe. 🤞

Cheers

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, markandrex said:

BT this evening, waiting for the stuffed peppers to come out of the oven.

How funny, I made those tonight too. I used my Mom’s recipe.  Yum. 

Cheers 

• I like it 2

Killed off a bottle Woodinville.  After several bottles, I find it is still it as enjoyable as I did my first pour.  Followed up with a pour of Woodinville Port Finished.  It is good too but I don't believe I will replace it.  Still I prefer it over Angel's Envy.

• I like it 2

Be away for two weeks back in Louisiana visiting family and taking care of some personal business.  Went to visit my in-laws old home that has been sitting empty for  few years and found that someone had broken in and ransacked the place.  they even stole the hot water heater.  Got back yesterday and had a bit of Blade and Bow to take the edge off.

1 hour ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Be away for two weeks back in Louisiana visiting family and taking care of some personal business.  Went to visit my in-laws old home that has been sitting empty for  few years and found that someone had broken in and ransacked the place.  they even stole the hot water heater.  Got back yesterday and had a bit of Blade and Bow to take the edge off.

That sucks.   Sorry to hear that.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

9.5 yr. OESO for those that are curious.

DD3CA95A-3865-47E8-B0E5-E413414DE6F6.jpeg

I assume you decided whiskey in the 4R glass is better than from the BT glass!?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I assume you decided whiskey in the 4R glass is better than from the BT glass!?

Ha, no.  Just didn't want to dirty up another glass after I had a Manhattan in that one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.