What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

52 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Leading off with Larceny BP C921.  In short, this one tastes like ...

If the whiskey is half as good as the song, then you are in for a treat!  

Cheers

• I like it 3

I had a bit of RR10 yr earlier. Now I’m pondering, what is next.

Cheers

• I like it 1

I opened a new one for me - Cooper's Craft.

It's a B-F product, aged in specially prepared barrels.

Tastes sort of in between current and some dusty OF to me.  That's a good thing.

• I like it 5

Changed it up a bit. Now enjoying MM 2020 SE4xPR5. Very nice, I wish I would have picked up a few more back in 2020. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

Hefty dram of MM101 before bed last night - slept like a baby!  SWMBO, not so much . . . . . . .  😴

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

On 4/8/2022 at 9:17 PM, Wedelstaedt said:

Funny, so many pick up bananas from Brown Foreman products, but not me. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers

Even stranger, I only get it in some of their products, not all.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

If the whiskey is half as good as the song, then you are in for a treat!  

Cheers

It is a great sons but I only recently realized that it's about a slave owner raping his female slaves. 

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

It is a great sons but I only recently realized that it's about a slave owner raping his female slaves. 

Yep it's common knowledge

I'm sipping a 50/50 blend of Frey Ranch 4-grain bourbon and Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye.    Probably need to up the Frey Ranch portion a bit or, better yet,  add a second 4-grain bourbon (Penelope).    This is showing promise.

Last night with some sbsbsbs EC. ECBP batch 9 vs batch 11 (winner). Red 12 vs 12asob (winner).

CoK rye was REALLY good. Better than expected given the bourbon releases.  That OFBIB was hot peanuts.

20220409_211147.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 9

The last pour of an ER10 store pick sample from a trading buddy.  SBS with my own local ER10 store pick bottle.   Mine has more of the typical ER10 "musty oak" which I've never actually been that big of a fan of.  I prefer the more classic balanced bourbon profile of the sample pick.  It was fun to compare them.

• I like it 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, smokinjoe said:

Setting up for the evening.  The Sun has finally broken out, and I sprung into action!  TV moved outside to watch the last several holes of the Master’s third round.  Radio ready for Braves afterwards.  Fire started in the fireplace.  Oliva ignited.  Knob Creek 9 in the glass. I should probably eat, but I’ll figure that out later…. 🤪

EA97A5C8-4C7A-4D86-ADF5-3E59836FC334.jpeg

Look at you with the fancy cigar stand.

Looked the bar and found a 1792 FP that hasn’t seen the light for awhile.

• I like it 2

My favorite moment before a 19 hour flight is when the airport bartender who’s likely never seen whiskey in their life pours you a 8oz KC

• I like it 11

26 minutes ago, Kane said:

My favorite moment before a 19 hour flight is when the airport bartender who’s likely never seen whiskey in their life pours you a 8oz KC

Sleep well! 😁

• I like it 5

10 hours ago, Kane said:

Where are you goin'? Direct to Singapore or Doha (18 hours, sheesh)???   🥵

• I like it 1

Back on the Woodford Reserve today. A standard 35.5ml measure with 1 ice cube is going down a treat, I'm on glass 7. I'm on sabbatical from work and what can I say, I'm really enjoying my day 😁😁 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, MissMohawk said:

Back on the Woodford Reserve today. A standard 35.5ml measure with 1 ice cube is going down a treat, I'm on glass 7. I'm on sabbatical from work and what can I say, I'm really enjoying my day 😁😁 

Yeah, but that’s only one in dog pours . . .

• I like it 3

Bulliet after a long day, and it continues to check all the right boxes for me.  

• I like it 3

Watching the sun set on a nigh-perfect early spring day.     It's as good an occasion as any to open up a special bottle,  and the choice is a Bardstown Discovery series 6.   Mein Gott,  this is a corker of a bourbon,  a butterscotch bomb infused with oak, clove and boysenberry.   

As the sun dips,  I dip my glass.

20220412_192341.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 9

On 4/11/2022 at 8:58 PM, Kane said:

That's worth a nice tip.  8 oz.  might put you to sleep for a larger portion of the flight.  

I recall once drinking two hefty airport pours because my flight was delayed due to the pilot being stuck in traffic on his way to work at the airport.  They announced it over the loudspeaker at our terminal.  I had already had one pour and when I heard he was delayed, and they didn't know when he would get there, decided to have a second pour.  Both beyond my normal pour level.  Both paid for by my employer...part of a meal in disguise.  He joked about it several time before and during the flight.  All the passengers applauded.  I guess because it was funny and we were finally going home.  3 hour flight so I was fine when we landed.  Man, I loved that pilot.  Still don't know his name.  He earned his wings that day.

Tonight, I am drinking OF100.  Thinking about that great pilot and hoping tomorrow will be my last day of the work week.  We are off on Friday for Good Friday.  I am hoping to flex Thursday due to all the overtime I have been working.

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.