What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I went back for round two with Cooper's Craft.  For the first time in a long time, I made the roundtrip Greenwood to Bloomington, and did not have to detour (I 69 construction).  Driving through Martinsville now - so weird.

• I like it 2

Did a blind tasting tonight where you  had to pick price point in a $15 range from $10 to $100.  I only got 1 (Legent) right. I liked WOODFORD the best. 🤷‍♂️ Followed by Calumet 14. Old Elk Wheated was last for me.

Blind tasting is humbling.

20220412_185618.jpg

• I like it 4

On 4/9/2022 at 10:37 PM, Kepler said:

Leading off with Larceny BP C921.  In short, this one tastes like ...

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that set you back?

Is that difficult to find in your neck of the woods?

I haven't seen it around here, (Baltimore metro area).   I like the standard Larceny and have looked for the BP, admittedly not too hard, but have looked and haven't seen any.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

Did a blind tasting tonight where you  had to pick price point in a $15 range from $10 to $100.  I only got 1 (Legent) right. I liked WOODFORD the best. 🤷‍♂️ Followed by Calumet 14. Old Elk Wheated was last for me.

Blind tasting is humbling.

20220412_185618.jpg

Blind tasting is humbling.  Sometimes I even struggle to identify a wheated bourbon v. a high rye bourbon.  

Of the bottles on the shelf, my guess is WR would be my pick.

20 hours ago, PaulO said:

I went back for round two with Cooper's Craft.  For the first time in a long time, I made the roundtrip Greenwood to Bloomington, and did not have to detour (I 69 construction).  Driving through Martinsville now - so weird.

That's cool.  I don't drive that way often but used to.  The last time I went to Bean Blossom the detours were crazy.

• I like it 1

Stormy night in Central Indiana.  We seemed to have lucked out of much of the dangerous stuff that Arkansas, Missouri and our other friends to the South - Southwest had.  The storm line is approaching.  Temps in the 60s today.  Will drop to 35 tonight.

Opened a bottle of ECBP C520 that has been sitting in the back of the bunker for awhile.  Is this stuff any good?

Severe thunderstorm/tornado warnings up.  WLW in the glass.  Time for the good stuff.

• I like it 7

11 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that set you back?

Is that difficult to find in your neck of the woods?

I haven't seen it around here, (Baltimore metro area).   I like the standard Larceny and have looked for the BP, admittedly not too hard, but have looked and haven't seen any.

Thanks!

I bought two at $49 each plus tax.  I enjoyed it enough that when I came across two more at a different store I went ahead and overpaid at $69 plus tax.  The only other time I had ever come across it was about a year ago at a store I had never shopped at and I passed at $100.  Last Christmas I received the 2021 "A" release as a gift and I have really enjoyed it as well.

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Severe thunderstorm/tornado warnings up.  WLW in the glass.  Time for the good stuff.

Good luck, stay safe! 🌪️

32 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Good luck, stay safe! 🌪️

Many thanks.  It blew past very quickly.  No issues here just wind and a lot of rain.  
The WLW is tasting quite nice, time for another.  Cheers!

• I like it 5

34105ADC-993C-4F20-AE10-2379E279C9B9.thumb.jpeg.95e70980c3fdf490bb484f9b2d5f186f.jpegGot some Backbone Uncut Store Pick finished in Sherry Barrels. Pretty damn good. Cigar is Cigar 1 Cream Cheers!!!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

I bought two at $49 each plus tax.  I enjoyed it enough that when I came across two more at a different store I went ahead and overpaid at $69 plus tax.  The only other time I had ever come across it was about a year ago at a store I had never shopped at and I passed at $100.  Last Christmas I received the 2021 "A" release as a gift and I have really enjoyed it as well.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, PaulO said:

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

That's cool.  I don't drive that way often but used to.  The last time I went to Bean Blossom the detours were crazy.

Back in the day I made many a trip to Bloomington by various routes. If we went down I 69, we usually stopped at Morgan Monroe State Forest. If we went down 135, we always took a short detour to go see the covered bridge in Bean Blossom. Repeat, always. 

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 4

A hearty pour of OF 1920 after getting home from a road trip to “the ‘Ville”. Made a few stops while I was there.

ED78F2DF-0669-4588-955C-C1DF37875413.jpeg

• I like it 6

44 minutes ago, markandrex said:

A hearty pour of OF 1920 after getting home from a road trip to “the ‘Ville”. Made a few stops while I was there.

That's a good looking decanter. 

1 minute ago, JCwhammie said:

Thanks, I thought so too!

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

Yep, that is a beauty.  

20 hours ago, markandrex said:

Hmmm. . . nice decanter!!!

• I like it 2

On 4/13/2022 at 8:03 PM, Kepler said:

I passed on one yesterday,  for $79.00

This is the first day that our RV resort opens. It was 40 with 20 mph winds.so we decided to wait to open. Sitting at home in front of a fire with it raining outside here. Having a bit of Blanton’s gold for the evening. 

FF537108-7234-48CB-ADAF-B88B3735BE03.jpeg

• I like it 7

5 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

This is the first day that our RV resort opens. It was 40 with 20 mph winds.so we decided to wait to open. Sitting at home in front of a fire with it raining outside here. Having a bit of Blanton’s gold for the evening. 

FF537108-7234-48CB-ADAF-B88B3735BE03.jpeg

Beautiful picture!  Best of luck on your big opening!

But I can't help but think about the different weather.  It's mid to high 80's here in texas this weekend.  Summer's almost here already.

I understand  I was originally from Louisiana so Spring always came early. I think we have gone mad., we have decided to get a second beagle puppy.  We will pick it up on May 25. 

25 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Looks comfy Jeff. 😎 How’s your knee? 🤞

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.