What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Be away for two weeks back in Louisiana visiting family and taking care of some personal business.  Went to visit my in-laws old home that has been sitting empty for  few years and found that someone had broken in and ransacked the place.  they even stole the hot water heater.  Got back yesterday and had a bit of Blade and Bow to take the edge off.

Ugh.  I'm very sorry to hear that.  

22 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That sucks.   Sorry to hear that.

Thanks,  I was concerned that we would be dealing with Squatters.  So was a bit glad that no one was trying to live there.

20 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Thanks,  I was concerned that we would be dealing with Squatters.  So was a bit glad that no one was trying to live there.

BTDT.  Within hours of an eviction I had vagrants (from a nearby encampment) break into a house in Columbus and cause $20k of damage for $200 copper, etc.  We had it boarded up quickly (same day), they still beat us to it.  Then they came back and demanded the power tools they left in the basement...or else.  Cops were not interested and the bums/thieves knew it.  I thankfully "bought right".  Took a smaller profit than I had hoped, sold quickly to a rehabber to get out of it.  And after the initial surge of anger I felt gratitude that I still managed to make money, have 1st world problems, etc.  Still sucks.

I also think Singapore is onto something with canings, etc.  The present US/urban approach to crime will get us more Charles Bronson/Clint Eastwood movies.  And hopefully some push-back, preferably of the legal sort as opposed to the boom stick sort.  Feels a lot like the late 60's & 70's.  People never do learn.

On the plus side, the guy who bought the house from me gave me a bottle of Blantons.  Lemons, lemonade, etc.

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 3

Built a server from scratch for the first time in 12+ years. I usually start from barebones to eliminate certain headaches. As soon as it powered up, correctly, I poured an EC to celebrate. Did that and continued to set up the raid and advanced to ETL.

Sometimes life is good!!!

P.S. One of my customers delivered a batch of lumpia to me sooooo, guess what's for supper... 😍

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 5

I do not normally drink during the week.

But you people are a bad influence.  I lack moral agency.  And one of my gateway bottles called to me.

And so here we are.

04 05 22 Vice.JPG

• I like it 10

7 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

But you people are a bad influence.  I lack moral agency.  And one of my gateway bottles called to me.

And so here we are.

04 05 22 Vice.JPG

If you’re gonna stumble, at least you made it worthwhile. :)

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, mal00768 said:

If you’re gonna stumble, at least you made it worthwhile. :)

Indeed.  Don't be embarrassed in front of St Peter (or the other guy).

Lung Cancer?  Cuban Cigars!

VD?  Salma Hayek (or your personal favorite)!

Liver kaputt?  Good bourbon!

Make it worth it.

• I like it 2

Did a little EHT store pick sbs tonight.

Both we’re “fine” 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Gimme my small batch any day. 🤣

207BD035-94BB-4A6E-B8C3-A9875EACF2E2.jpeg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Both we’re “fine” 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Ha, ha - I see what you did there!  "we're" vs. "were" - well played, my friend, well played.   😂

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Ha, ha - I see what you did there!  "we're" vs. "were" - well played, my friend, well played.   😂

😁🙃😉

21 hours ago, Anwalt said:

And so here we are.

04 05 22 Vice.JPG

Looks like you are fitting in quite nicely here.

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Looks like you are fitting in quite nicely here.

I did notice some patterns......

• I like it 1

I attended our firm's first post -pandemic social gathering,  complete with open bar and great Italian food.   The bar emphasized beer and wine, but I was able to cajole the barkeep to break out a bottle of Redemption bourbon.   Ah,  good times and MGP bliss . . .

• I like it 3

Some Fighting Cock 6 Year after several long days at work going back through last weekend.  Medium aged HH juice just sounded good tonight and FC6 is as good as any of them.

• I like it 2

On 4/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, Anwalt said:

BTDT.  Within hours of an eviction I had vagrants (from a nearby encampment) break into a house in Columbus and cause $20k of damage for $200 copper, etc.  We had it boarded up quickly (same day), they still beat us to it.  Then they came back and demanded the power tools they left in the basement...or else.  Cops were not interested and the bums/thieves knew it.  I thankfully "bought right".  Took a smaller profit than I had hoped, sold quickly to a rehabber to get out of it.  And after the initial surge of anger I felt gratitude that I still managed to make money, have 1st world problems, etc.  Still sucks.

I also think Singapore is onto something with canings, etc.  The present US/urban approach to crime will get us more Charles Bronson/Clint Eastwood movies.  And hopefully some push-back, preferably of the legal sort as opposed to the boom stick sort.  Feels a lot like the late 60's & 70's.  People never do learn.

On the plus side, the guy who bought the house from me gave me a bottle of Blantons.  Lemons, lemonade, etc.

Thanks. I have heard about issues with evicting vagrants.  Unfortunately, they don't care how much damage they cause as long as they get what they want.

Where are you generally located in PR?  I used to visit there in the 80s when I was with LSU.  I set up the mastitis microbiology labs for the island dairy industry.  We worked with the Fonalledas family on that project.  My wife and I still make Tostones occasionally.  One of my favorite restaurants was Barbara's in Ponce.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:56 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

Be away for two weeks back in Louisiana visiting family and taking care of some personal business.  Went to visit my in-laws old home that has been sitting empty for  few years and found that someone had broken in and ransacked the place.  they even stole the hot water heater.  Got back yesterday and had a bit of Blade and Bow to take the edge off.

Sorry to hear. That’s brutal. 

Did my blind SBS on Batch 17 of Stagg Jr. vs our new Stagg pick. I preferred the pick over the Jr., but just barely. The pick at was more oily and had deeper, richer flavors, but drank extremely hot. I think I’ll try it with a few drops of water next time to see how it opens and whether that tames things out. If it does, the pick may really shine. 

So this barrel was picked way back on March 9, 2021 and, I believe, was 9 something years old at that time. 13 months to bottling means the barrel aged for another full year or 11% more. That’s pretty substantial when you think about it and I’d think long enough for the profile to change dramatically, for better or worse. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Thanks. I have heard about issues with evicting vagrants.  Unfortunately, they don't care how much damage they cause as long as they get what they want.

Where are you generally located in PR?  I used to visit there in the 80s when I was with LSU.  I set up the mastitis microbiology labs for the island dairy industry.  We worked with the Fonalledas family on that project.  My wife and I still make Tostones occasionally.  One of my favorite restaurants was Barbara's in Ponce.

We live in PR for 10 to 11 months of the year.  Big tax break.  Plus Wifey likes being back in Latin culture and the Caribbean weather .  She's from Chile, I'm from Ohio, half Latin, half Anglo.  Happy Latina Wifey = Hubby waking up with everything properly attached, see Lorena Bobbit.  We live in OSJ, very close to where the cruise ships dock.

We are getting around the island more post-Covid.  Only been to Ponce ("Everything Else is Parking") once.  We'll have to visit that restaurant.  The architecture is gorgeous.  A lot like OSJ at a fraction of the price.

I’ve been working on this for a few days.  I went over to eastern KY and this little guy went along for the ride.  Now that I’m home, it is all over.

92A6ECF2-38D0-4439-A598-5004691EDB54.jpeg

• I like it 4

Chattanooga 91 while watching some late night Opening Day AL West baseball (Astros vs Angels).

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Chattanooga 91 while watching some late night Opening Day AL West baseball (Astros vs Angels).

Watchin the same drinkin a couple beers. Cheers!!!

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Peprsprayyoface said:

Watchin the same drinkin a couple beers. Cheers!!!

Cheers!! 🍻 ⚾

Edited by Kepler

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.