What Bourbon Are You Drinking Summer 2022?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

This wee dribble is considered a double in North Carolina— good practice for my upcoming Las Vegas trip, where this would equate to a quadruple. 

97E27E89-9B02-4F9E-8C5D-29189974756F.thumb.jpeg.52e01461858234821f3b7e572a7deec5.jpeg

Yeah that's pisspoor for a double.

• I like it 1

I had a pour of 4RYL from the freezer right after dinner.

Keeping the cold theme going with an Old Forester BP 132 proof barrel pick over a big clear cube.  The vibrant bright fruit notes of OF BP are more interesting when served with a cube (or a splash of water I presume).

• I like it 6

Browsing the shelf for a good but perpetually hot tasting bourbon to transfer the big cube to.  Going with Prideful Goat 15 yr, a barrel proof NDP rumored to be Heaven Hill distillate.  It's pretty dang good, and the ice cube makes all the difference.

• I like it 4

Watching F1 qualification, while sipping on RRSiB. Ahhh, the good life. :-))

Cheers

• I like it 3

Makers Mark Cask strength tonight.  Deliciously sweet, brown sugar and dark corn syrup on the nose and the tongue. Liquid dessert. 

• I like it 5

Frosted Old Forester. Nice in the current hot weather. 

IMG_20220730_180134996.jpg

• I like it 9

15 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Watching F1 qualification, while sipping on RRSiB. Ahhh, the good life. :-))

Cheers

I wish I could join you but in my time zone I watch while drinking coffee.

And what a heck of a race today.

• I like it 1

Ok. Currently. Have open. Both Remus Repeal Reserve IV & V. Calumet Farms 15 & 16 Year. Rare Breed. Bourbon & Rye. Traverse City Barrel Proof 7 Yr. SWFBS Barrel Pick. Its down right delicious. A Couple. Knob Creek 120 Proof Store Picks. And some Foursquare Exceptional Cask Strength Rum. Ya I know it’s not Bourbon. 

• I like it 1

Tonight was a healthy pour of the Costco brand Tennessee Bourbon.   You know, I've had way worse for alot more money.   

• I like it 3

A freshly purchased Starlight double oaked to celebrate the nearing conclusion of a work project from hell that began last October. I was hesitant as my prior double oaked experience was WRDO and I did NOT care for it, this is a completely different animal and really delicious. 

• I like it 4

It's been a busy week at work, so time for a home happy hour pour or three.  First pour was OF 1910 and now I'm enjoying the first pour of a new OF100.

The verdict?

OF100 > OF1910

• I like it 5

RR10.  Watching uncut Snyder version of Justice League with the Wifey.

Headed out to Louisville tomorrow for 9 days on the bourbon trail, see Distillery Trips section for a happy start to the trip.

• I like it 6

Well into a bottle of JD Bonded.  Really liking it as a step up from regular Jack.  Didn’t care for the Triple Mash at all, but this is good.  I’ll repeat the purchase.  

F12CA014-BCBF-413C-8C5A-ADA0CDF0CBFF.jpeg

• I like it 4

Sipping a fresh pour of Old Bardstown bonded. This is probably the first Willet juice I have really explored. Pretty stoked on it so far. A neat mix of flavors. Candycorn, and butterscotch on the tongue, a nice spicy finish with a long caramel after taste. There's more there than I am depicting

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.