What Bourbon Are You Drinking Summer 2022?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ahh - found the end of a quart of Friendly's French Vanilla ice cream in the freezer.  Just added a healthy pour of Rattlesnake Rosie's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie whiskey.  Ice cream floats anyone?  😋

No one around to tell ME that I've got to lose weight after three (3) dinners at The Capital Grille and one (1) at Hemmenway's in Providence last week while officiating as the Meet Ref at the 2022 New ENgland Swimming Age Group Champs at Brown University!  🥳

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

A couple of Heaven Hill pours this evening.  Started with some EW 1783 which I don't drink that much but is always here since it is my wife's go to.  Then I opened a bottle of FC which I've had for a while.  I don't remember it having an age statement after they dropped the 6 yr but the bottle says it is aged thirty six months. Doesn't have the spiciness I remember from the older version.  I have a bottle of the 6 y.o. but I don't feel the need to do a comparison at this point.

• I like it 3

On 7/26/2022 at 7:27 PM, GeeTen said:

Ahh - found the end of a quart of Friendly's French Vanilla ice cream in the freezer.  Just added a healthy pour of Rattlesnake Rosie's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie whiskey.  Ice cream floats anyone?  😋

No one around to tell ME that I've got to lose weight after three (3) dinners at The Capital Grille and one (1) at Hemmenway's in Providence last week while officiating as the Meet Ref at the 2022 New ENgland Swimming Age Group Champs at Brown University!  🥳

Bragger. 😝

• I like it 2

I read that Dick Stoll died recently.   He was the last distiller at the last distillery in Pennsylvania before the craft boom, Michter's.   I thought I'd toast his memory with the last bit I have of his juice,  with Kid Sheik bluesifying and a chaser of Straub Amber,  the pre -Prohibition brewery in St. Marys.

20220727_213046.jpg

• I like it 12

27 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I finally got around to trying the RR 10 year 90 proof. 👍 

Don't tell anyone how good it is.

• I like it 5

Been a while but I’m back.  I’ve been for a few years randomly stopping by old bars with low traffic here in Houston looking to find some dusty Weller.  Houston is probably the home of Weller where most of the marketing and distribution was targeted back in the 70s and 80s.  Well it finally happened and need some help was it SW Weller?  I saw somewhat hidden away bottle of dusty Weller.  

It was the WSR.  Had to be discreet so couldn’t take a pic.  Looked old, was labeled as 1 liter, had a red tax stamp. Said 7 years, was certainly much darker than the WT101 from 2014 or so.  Not a squat bottle but had a green twist cap.  Kind of looked like the bottle in the first pic but labeling looked more like second bottle.  Can any of you put a date on it?

E3B09592-68A4-4DB5-A097-485FFB8F2BE8.webp

CB8C955D-2215-4737-BE01-AE2D20E0D5A8.jpeg

Edited by HoustonNit
  • I like it 3

35 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Been a while but I’m back.  I’ve been for a few years randomly stopping by old bars with low traffic here in Houston looking to find some dusty Weller.  Houston is probably the home of Weller where most of the marketing and distribution was targeted back in the 70s and 80s.  Well it finally happened and need some help was it SW Weller?  I saw somewhat hidden away bottle of dusty Weller.  

It was the WSR.  Had to be discreet so couldn’t take a pic.  Looked old, was labeled as 1 liter, had a red tax stamp. Said 7 years, was certainly much darker than the WT101 from 2014 or so.  Not a squat bottle but had a green twist cap.  Kind of looked like the bottle in the first pic but labeling looked more like second bottle.  Can any of you put a date on it?

E3B09592-68A4-4DB5-A097-485FFB8F2BE8.webp

CB8C955D-2215-4737-BE01-AE2D20E0D5A8.jpeg

The metric 1 Liter size bottle means probably 1980 or later.  The tax strip was not used after 1985.  So we're looking at a window of 1980 - 1985.

• I like it 3

I wasn’t planning to drink tonight but my wife decided to bake some cinnamon rolls. I can’t resist cinnamon rolls with a nice glass of bourbon. Really enjoying this bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrell

E488880B-DE42-44A5-B4EB-5C2DF1982D87.jpeg

710378AC-5BE9-49A8-BCE6-94C333D40ECC.jpeg

• I like it 16

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

The metric 1 Liter size bottle means probably 1980 or later.  The tax strip was not used after 1985.  So we're looking at a window of 1980 - 1985.

I actually have a 1 liter Louisville Weller SR. It is stored elsewhere, so I don’t have immediate access to it. To be honest, and not that it makes that much of a difference, I can’t remember if it has a tax stamp, or a faux tax stamp. The general consensus is/was that if the label said Louisville, it is SW distillate. 🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Dumped the Old Fo into my coffee cup and replaced it covertly with a Proof and Wood “The Ambassador” 12yo MGP from my pack. Better, but I may need to dig deeper still.

IMG_8376.jpg.980318a0409a55cdf6ecd8959c5774f3.jpg

• I like it 5

Back up at our RV resort.  Had a bit of WellerOA107.  Really liking this. 

9E64B6DB-9EAC-4CCF-9244-D8AB1F4D439B.jpeg

• I like it 8

This wee dribble is considered a double in North Carolina— good practice for my upcoming Las Vegas trip, where this would equate to a quadruple. 

97E27E89-9B02-4F9E-8C5D-29189974756F.thumb.jpeg.52e01461858234821f3b7e572a7deec5.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.