What Bourbon Are You Drinking Summer 2022?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

32 minutes ago, hughewil said:

Not bourbon but having a little crown peach in some iced tea

Love those Little Kings in the small green bottles!  

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Love those Little Kings in the small green bottles!  

Those are very nice, especially in the hot weather, bottle doesn't last long enough to loose its' chill.  Stores were out of stock last time I shopped for beer.

Something similar is Genesee Cream Ale.  Now that is no longer distributed in Indiana.  The closest locations are Cincy or Louisville.

A little front porch sittin’ yesterday with Yella Label from the freezer.

9118BC9A-12C3-49FA-AE51-F00469FB166C.jpeg

• I like it 10

After a couple days off some OF86 out of the freezer is tasting stellar.

• I like it 3

36 minutes ago, flahute said:

After a couple days off some OF86 out of the freezer is tasting stellar.

I was debating on what to pour tonight. Your choice sounds good @flahute. I believe I shall join you.😁 Thanks again for posting about just how good this is. 🙌

BiIa! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 3

I'm having JTS Brown.  That's what was in the cabinet.

You guys and the OF 86 - I haven't had that particular expression in years.

I will say, I'm a huge fan of the OF 100 and a cube.

• I like it 4

I bought a bottle of Old Tub about a week ago on a lark. !00 proof, claims to be at least 4 years old, unfiltered, $24. It's nice, drinks lighter than the proof, a little sweet, doesn't have a lingering aftertaste, but smooth. It's one of those bourbons, that you look at the bottle and say, "Wow, when did I drink all of that?"

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, yobber76 said:

I bought a bottle of Old Tub about a week ago on a lark. !00 proof, claims to be at least 4 years old, 

It has to be at least 4 yrs old since it is BIB

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 1

I'm out on the porch sipping a Driftless Glen Single Barrel and eating a fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie.   By golly,  they're perfect together.  

• I like it 4

Spent the early morning through midday at Lake Taghkanic State Park canoeing and swimming with the family. Sitting down now to unwind with the last of the FRYL from the freezer, letting the tension out of my shoulders and neck from hoisting my Old Town Penobscot 16 on and off and on and off my Jeep solo.

IMG_3529.jpg

• I like it 8

11 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

Spent the early morning through midday at Lake Taghkanic State Park canoeing and swimming with the family. Sitting down now to unwind with the last of the FRYL from the freezer, letting the tension out of my shoulders and neck from hoisting my Old Town Penobscot 16 on and off and on and off my Jeep solo.

IMG_3529.jpg

To quote several rafting shirts I’ve seen while on the the New River, The Cheat and The Gauley, “Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Paddle”

Sounds like a great day with the family.  Cheers!
I’m staying in the BT universe with some Hancock’s

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Jazzhead said:

I'm out on the porch sipping a Driftless Glen Single Barrel and eating a fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie.   By golly,  they're perfect together.  

Fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies go with almost everything.  However, with whiskey, I would say the pairing is absolutely magical

• I like it 6

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

To quote several rafting shirts I’ve seen while on the the New River, The Cheat and The Gauley, “Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Paddle”...

Love those woods.  I've been to several New River Days back when they only closed one lane) CRAZY.  But I like the woods, ... unfortunate, like duck with split web feet, I am gonna stay out o' dat Nsane wa-wa.

• I like it 1

Had Rona for a week, didn't drink much except Gatorade.  Used the Hillbilly Chemo approach - run up a high fever (wrap up in blankets, hot showers, etc.), drink a lot (Gatorade, chicken soup) and see what the fever kills first, me or the virus.

Didn't want a drink for another week.  Just no desire at all, really worried that was part of long Rona.  

Had some of that KC9 from WWW on ice and JM Murray Hill Club last night.  So I think I'm getting better.

• I like it 7

12 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Love those woods.  I've been to several New River Days back when they only closed one lane) CRAZY.  But I like the woods, ... unfortunate, like duck with split web feet, I am gonna stay out o' dat Nsane wa-wa.

Twin sons from different mothers.  I too have spent a lot of time in the woods and hollers up there.

In my youth I was definitely a white water junkie and river rat.  I even jumped (bungee) twice from the New River bridge.  One heck of a feel jumping from a mile high bridge into a rocky river bed.  Definitely “almost Heaven”

• I like it 1

I rarely drink bourbon with ice, (I'm a slow sipper and don't care for watery whiskey), but this one holds up well and is an excuse to use the cool glass that Mrs. Skinsfan got me. 

20220716_174629.jpg

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, markandrex said:

...I was definitely a white water junkie and river rat.  I even jumped (bungee) twice from the New River bridge. ...

for those that don't know (most of us) markandrex talking about tying off to a rubber band and jumping from one of the highest car bridges in world.

https://aceraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/long-point-view-csc.jpg

He's lucky to have experienced something many would give eye teeth for; they don't allow rubber bands anymore.  They also now require mandatory chute check before base jump since '93 (I was there '93 & '94 when things didn't go right)

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I rarely drink bourbon with ice, (I'm a slow sipper and don't care for watery whiskey), but this one holds up well and is an excuse to use the cool glass that Mrs. Skinsfan got me. 

20220716_174629.jpg

I really like 1792 small batch.  I need to try the full proof.

• I like it 1

EHT Barrel Proof - my fav!!!    Only time I like barrel proof in the summer  is on a breezy night - cooled to 77 degrees this afternoon with a nice Ohio breeze.

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.