What Bourbon Are You Drinking Summer 2022?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A solid pour OFR100, followed by a couple of pours of Blanton's. Dare I have another?

Is "n" a good vintage for Blanton's? 😵😀

• I like it 4

I've been off the boards for quite for some time.  Life has thrown some curves, including covid and loosing my sense of smell.  That really didn't make bourbon all that enjoyable.  Things are better now and I'm having some 4RSB while watching the track and field world championships.

• I like it 10

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

Good question.

I would say the best description for Super Premium  is a level up from 4RYL.  Still delicately complex, with a nice balance of fruit, spice, and oak.

Rumored to be a minimum of 8 years in the blend, I think it just adds more elegance to the bourbon.  If it was available in the US I would buy it regularly, however it wouldn’t eliminate YL from my house.

Both are great summer bourbons.

That being said, I find 4RYL to be one of the best 80 proofers available and enjoy it neat.  Those who don’t feel the same way, might have similar feelings about the SP.

As for the others, I’m not a fan of SmB or SmBS neat and tend to reserve those mostly for cocktail duty.

Single barrel products are in a class by themselves, so I won’t even compare that to the YL or SP

Good stuff here -- thanks man.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, TwoFingers said:

I've been off the boards for quite for some time.  Life has thrown some curves, including covid and loosing my sense of smell.  That really didn't make bourbon all that enjoyable.  Things are better now and I'm having some 4RSB while watching the track and field world championships.

Welcome back TwoFingers, and cheers to a return of bourbon taste and smell. 🥃

• I like it 2

I dabbled in Armagnacs tonight and it was very enjoyable.  But happy to be closing the night off with a straight bourbon.  SAOS 9 year single barrel store pick from a few years ago.  Ahhh this is good. 🥃

• I like it 6

15 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

A solid pour OFR100, followed by a couple of pours of Blanton's. Dare I have another?

Everyone knows the apostrophe bottles are the best. 🐎 

• I like it 4

18 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Everyone knows the apostrophe bottles are the best. 🐎 

Thanks guys. I never knew I was so lucky.🤫

image.thumb.jpeg.77515a9961780c4e15be29b3e365ccc7.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

This reminds me of the wooden bucket from our old school hand cranked ice cream maker— old wet wood, rock salt and a hint of rusted metal.

7C5E2037-232B-4911-AFD5-145818CE8BA3.thumb.jpeg.b47858ee2dbe228b9e910cea4ceb0620.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

This reminds me of the wooden bucket from our old school hand cranked ice cream maker— old wet wood, rock salt and a hint of rusted metal.

7C5E2037-232B-4911-AFD5-145818CE8BA3.thumb.jpeg.b47858ee2dbe228b9e910cea4ceb0620.jpeg

please don’t drain pour it…. I’ll take it. 

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks guys. I never knew I was so lucky.🤫

image.thumb.jpeg.77515a9961780c4e15be29b3e365ccc7.jpeg

Biba! Joe

Those have colons,

clearly imposter corks!

But keep looking and let us know when you get the apostrophe.

😁

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Those have colons,

clearly imposter corks!

But keep looking and let us know when you get the apostrophe.

😁

Aw 🤬🤬🤬! I knew it was too good to be true. 😢

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Started with a couple of solid pours of Statesman.  New bottle.  Followed with a small pour of OWA.  Still early on a raining night in Indy.  Do I opt for another pour?  Hmmm.... 

Probably, since I am going to hit a dry week next week.  Time to clear the body, the mind and get ready for the fall release season.  Early preparation is key. 😀😃😀

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 5

I'm having some VOB 100.

Yep, the rain started when I only had a small portion of the back yard left to mow. 

• I like it 4

A very tasty bottle that unfortunately only lasted 4 days.  Sometimes you gotta break out the plastic cups - the bourbon still tastes just as good.

IMG_1139.jpg

• I like it 9

Having a taste of JDb.  Picture shows my purchases from Friday.

Funniest it the fact the $13 VOB is a allocated item.

20220725_173323.thumb.jpg.3babb2d3b204d253a3fc8751ec03dd25.jpg

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, kemosabe said:

A very tasty bottle that unfortunately only lasted 4 days.  Sometimes you gotta break out the plastic cups - the bourbon still tastes just as good.

IMG_1139.jpg

Seriously, I’ve had some of my most memorable and enjoyable pours out of plastic cups like that!  Time, place, mood, and expectations (or lack there of) can bring so much to our whiskey enjoyment experience, I think.  Great view!  

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Bourbon Scout said:

Having a taste of JDb.  Picture shows my purchases from Friday.

Funniest it the fact the $13 VOB is a allocated item.

LOL!  We have one store in my area that has VOB, but they have it listed as Martini and Rossi Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. 🤔

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 1

Having a very good pour of Murray Hill tonight. I think batch #33 or 35. I don't have my glasses on... But its really good.

• I like it 5

15 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Having a very good pour of Murray Hill tonight. I think batch #33 or 35. I don't have my glasses on... But its really good.

And, unlike their cigar blend, obtainable.  First opened a bottle of the MH about a month ago with two friends.  About finished it in one sitting, good stuff.

• I like it 2

Trying to finish my RR13 bottle with a left-over ribeye on foccacia with lettuce, tomato and mayo - SWMBO is doing an O-nite with the grandkids so I'm "Home Alone".  Hmm what to have as nitecap?  At least I don't have to worry about snoring too much tonite . . . . . . .    🤣

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.