What Bourbon did you Purchase (Summer 2022)

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Indiana still reigns supreme for the good but obtainable stuff.

Regular price at Meijers for Baker's 7 or KC12:  $55.

Yay Hoosiers!

• I like it 4

14 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Got 2 of these - one is for the SB  fantasy football league

11C8C1C5-B20F-4320-8EFB-EFCEAFFA62DA.jpeg

You do understand that you just jinxed yourself right there…🤣

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I meant KC12.  I haven't seen an EC12 in years.

A while back I went into a small old liquor store with a box display of EC SB ($24-ish), and I spied one oddly-shaped bottle in the mix.  Turned out it was an old 12-yr SB, which I snagged.  Cracked it open and it was like drinking EC SB with a Werther's caramel in you mouth.  I went back the next day and pressured the clerk into checking the back and walked out with two more. 

• I like it 8

I was lucky enough to find 2  KC 12 yr. today.   It will be going in the bunker as I have one open for now..   

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

Was picking up some EW 1783 for my wife and spied some WT 101 on sale for $16.  Picked up a couple.

EW 1783 for your wife?  That's what I told my wife. I bought it for when she bakes cookies. Then, one day she found the bottle was gone. 😀😀😀

• I like it 5

39 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

EW 1783 for your wife?  That's what I told my wife. I bought it for when she bakes cookies. Then, one day she found the bottle was gone. 😀😀😀

No more cookies?  🤔 🍪

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

No more cookies?  🤔 🍪

Biba! Joe

This has yet to stop her.  It just prompts me to buy more "cookie" bourbon.

• I like it 3

On 9/1/2022 at 5:13 AM, Anwalt said:

I wonder what effect younger oak will have on flavor.  

It won't be good.

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I leave the EW for her - mostly.  I wish I could get her to drink it while making cookies.  I'm sure that would provide me with an extra stash of them around the holidays.

• I like it 3

On 9/1/2022 at 7:49 PM, smokinjoe said:

You do understand that you just jinxed yourself right there…🤣

No way....draft is tomorrow...Got my magazine with player rankings....I'm all ready to take it all this year

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 4.46.05 PM.png

Edited by jvd99
  • I like it 1

Just now, Clueby said:

The llama approves.

Ya know @Clueby, I like the llama, and have grown used to seeing it in your pictures. 😉 Keep up the good work. 👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Jazz June said:

Big hitter, the Lama 

Bad tipper, though.

• I like it 3

We watched our grandson for a while this evening. Had to go to the store to grab a couple of things. Blah blah blah, blah blah, blah. 🙄 The BT shelf is now back up to code.  🦬 🥵

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.56c91bce9973be0e9bf72c9997851baf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c14172019e1eb4eb4fae5311bc8ffcc5.jpeg

• I like it 6

Ran out this morning to grab supplies to close the pool in a week or two.  I resupplied some basics for the bar.  The Bookers was $69.99 from one of my managers that gets a box of doughnuts every so often.  He stated that he felt this batch rivaled some of the older classics.
My neighbor stopped by to drop off the OFSBBS.  We have been watching their house while they were in Florida for a week.  

7DDE17AC-3147-406D-B31D-72703AACE0C1.jpeg

CF7129CA-584A-476E-850B-87BEB74D5EE3.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
Typo
  • I like it 12

JW Dant BIB 1L @ $16.99. Change back from a $20. Currently having a pour. One of the best values out there.

• I like it 7

I didn’t need another OBSV but it’s 10y 3mo and I’ve been passing on these the last couple of years. Figured I would give it a whirl. 

45793F12-5E36-42BE-B5F4-7AFDB9838708.jpeg

• I like it 8

12 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

JW Dant BIB 1L @ $16.99. Change back from a $20. Currently having a pour. One of the best values out there.

I really wish this was available on the west coast.  I got one a few years ago from Astor Wines in NYC to fill out an order and I really liked it.  Sadly, it's long gone until I order from them again which I rarely do since their shipping costs are so high... 

• I like it 3

Made my round trip to Oceanside, NY to the only Costco in NYS that can sell their own brands, with a stop on the way home at Total Wines in Carle Place. My first trip to a TW. The primary purpose of the trip was to replenish our wine cellar which had taken a beating this summer with some 40+ guests between July & August. Nevertheless I had to grab a few bottles at both stops. The Kirkland BIB was $27, so I grabbed 2. The AE was $43, better than most places but up from $40 last time I was there. The 4R Single Barrel was $42 , good for around here and the OF was $64 both from TW. Bourbon season is returning quickly, although for most of you it never leaves. For me, brown liquor season commences with the frost on the pumpkin.

B05899F6-9B4A-492B-BB48-DED87A02932E.jpeg

• I like it 8

Got the itch.

Grabbed an OF100

An Old Tub for 20$

An Early Times Bonded for $23

BT for $26

And a JDBP store pick for $70

• I like it 5

On 9/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, markandrex said:

Ran out this morning to grab supplies to close the pool in a week or two.  I resupplied some basics for the bar.  The Bookers was $69.99 from one of my managers that gets a box of doughnuts every so often.  He stated that he felt this batch rivaled some of the older classics.
My neighbor stopped by to drop off the OFSBBS.  We have been watching their house while they were in Florida for a week.  

7DDE17AC-3147-406D-B31D-72703AACE0C1.jpeg

CF7129CA-584A-476E-850B-87BEB74D5EE3.jpeg

That OFSBBS looks delicious

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.