What Bourbon did you Purchase (Summer 2022)

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Matt.. im still lookin for a BF ETBiB.. no luck yet though

Ya’ know @FasterHorses, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen one around here. I do have one left in my bunker, but I’ve been hesitant to open it. I may have to soon throw caution to the wind. 😛

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ya’ know @FasterHorses, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen one around here. I do have one left in my bunker, but I’ve been hesitant to open it. I may have to soon throw caution to the wind. 😛

Biba! Joe

Are they that different? Matt was looking for one and i told him id check around TN. I needed one more excuse to stop in liquor stores😆

Hes trying to do a sbs with the saz ET. I would imagine theres still a couple around somewhere. 

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Matt.. im still lookin for a BF ETBiB.. no luck yet though

send me one of those 16 year OESV’s and I’ll help you out 🤣

• I like it 5

Stopped by a local store just to see what they had walked out with this.  It will be tonight's pour been awhile for the 4 Roses in my glass.

thumbnail.jpeg

• I like it 9

I couldn't stop myself.

We stopped back by the distillery and bought one more.  

20220830_174246.jpg

• I like it 10

10 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I couldn't stop myself.

20220830_174246.jpg

We never see the John J. here in Ohio or Michigan 

Enjoy

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, CaptTim said:

Enjoy

That sucks........

• I like it 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I couldn't stop myself.

20220830_174246.jpg

Good idea.  The distillery isn't that far from me but it is just far enough off the highway that I usually keep going.  I should stop since the traffic on 95 is so terrible.  A distillery visit would help alot.

• I like it 4

52 minutes ago, CaptTim said:

Stopped by a local store just to see what they had walked out with this.  It will be tonight's pour been awhile for the 4 Roses in my glass.

thumbnail.jpeg

Hmmmmm. I see your FRSB also doesn’t have the leather neck tag. 🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, TwoFingers said:

Good idea.  The distillery isn't that far from me but it is just far enough off the highway that I usually keep going.  I should stop since the traffic on 95 is so terrible.  A distillery visit would help alot.

Thanks.

We are putting a hurting on the one that's open 😎,  so Mrs. Skinsfan twisted my arm and told me to snag more. Who am I to argue?

I'm trying to cull the collection,  and haven't bought much whiskey lately.

I made an exception for the Bowman

because  it's very good and reasonably priced.

That, and I haven't seen it in ages.

I also snagged a slick decanter,  glass & a jigger.  

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I also snagged a slick decanter,  glass & a jigger.  

Pictures, please!!!  🤓

• I like it 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:52 PM, Dannabis said:

Picked up a Very Old Barton for 17$ and a David Nicholson for $11.50

Passed on a KC9 store pick for $70

Lots of over priced stuff at the Bardstown Wine and Spirits

It was an Old Fitzgerald, not a DN. 

Brain farts.

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hmmmmm. I see your FRSB also doesn’t have the leather neck tag. 🤔

Biba! Joe

Maybe they discontinued it. The current photo on their website doesn't have it.

• I like it 2

Got 2 more JMCB from a friend in SC, Batch 97.  Daughter in PA picked up a few KC12s at $60 each, figured we'd not see those prices again.

SC friend happened to be in Ft. Lauderdale.  I happened to be there to see a RHCP concert with my daughter.  She dutifully muled some bottles from Pittsburgh.  Eight more bottles thusly found their way to La Isla del Encanto.  

JMCB 97.jpg

KC12.jpg

• I like it 9

14 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Pictures, please!!!  🤓

20220831_202322.jpg

20220831_202655.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 9

2 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Got 2 more JMCB from a friend in SC, Batch 97.  Daughter in PA picked up a few KC12s at $60 each, figured we'd not see those prices again.

SC friend happened to be in Ft. Lauderdale.  I happened to be there to see a RHCP concert with my daughter.  She dutifully muled some bottles from Pittsburgh.  Eight more bottles thusly found their way to La Isla del Encanto.  

JMCB 97.jpg

KC12.jpg

I have seen a few bottles of EC12 around $60 but I have been waiting for sale. 😉 i agree about pricing. In my area prices dropped a little since the beginning of the year but they seem to have started increasing again. 😬

How where the Chili's? I have always liked them.

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220831_202322.jpg

20220831_202655.jpg

On 8/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, CaptTim said:

Enjoy

Indy is similar. We do see the Small Batch and Port Finished occasionally.  Easy pass.

The only JJB I have had, I bought in KY. 10 years or so ago. It was solid.

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Indy is similar. We do see the Small Batch and Port Finished occasionally.  Easy pass.

The only JJB I have had, I bought in KY. 10 years or so ago. It was solid.

I agree. 

Not a fan of most finished whiskeys,  and the small batch is too thin for mine, and the Missus,  palates.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have seen a few bottles of EC12 around $60 but I have been waiting for sale. 😉 i agree about pricing. In my area prices dropped a little since the beginning of the year but they seem to have started increasing again. 😬

EC12 or KC12?

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

How where the Chili's? I have always liked them.

Excellent show, except they did not play Under the Bridge.  Flea is a Beast.  Reminds me some of "Animal!  Animal!" from the Muppet Show.  Insane energy, must be something about the water in Australia and guitarists.  It's always been a band my daughter and I could connect over.  They became big when I was still in college and stayed that way through her own high school years.

Is this weekend The Weekend in Indy for supermarket discounts?  Nada as of yesterday.  I do see pricing inching up everywhere on most everything bourbon.  Exception:  In some places OF 1910 is going up and OF 1920 is going down, I've seen the former at $60 and the latter at $50 in some areas.  KC12 consistently $70 to $80 when you even can find it which is why I grabbed the PA bottles.

A note on cost savings well, or at least I thought so:  Boondocks American Whisky is 11y and as the blender put it "is candy in a bottle" (I agree).  As far as I can tell, the only reason it's not bourbon is that it's aged in used bourbon barrels instead of new ones.  I think it a great deal at $45 and the barrel cost made it possible to keep the price low.  Granted, all sorts of things affect our perception.  I am no doubt biased by the experience I had with the guy whose picture is on the bottle. I cannot wait to get a bottle to PR, I'm betting it'll be another whiskey the wifey drinks.  So far it's JMCB with some ice or ER (no ice needed) for her.  

I hear supply chain + massive demand for barrels is going to impact average age of oak in barrels, especially for producers with less leverage.  I wonder what effect younger oak will have on flavor.  And if we'll even know who is using it.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Is this weekend The Weekend in Indy for supermarket discounts?  Nada as of yesterday.

Seems like "not".  I got a curt "no" from Kroger in Bougietown, err, Carmel.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Excellent show, except they did not play Under the Bridge.  Flea is a Beast.  Reminds me some of "Animal!  Animal!" from the Muppet Show.  Insane energy, must be something about the water in Australia and guitarists.  It's always been a band my daughter and I could connect over.  They became big when I was still in college and stayed that way through her own high school years.

Is this weekend The Weekend in Indy for supermarket discounts?  Nada as of yesterday.  I do see pricing inching up everywhere on most everything bourbon.  Exception:  In some places OF 1910 is going up and OF 1920 is going down, I've seen the former at $60 and the latter at $50 in some areas.  KC12 consistently $70 to $80 when you even can find it which is why I grabbed the PA bottles.

A note on cost savings well, or at least I thought so:  Boondocks American Whisky is 11y and as the blender put it "is candy in a bottle" (I agree).  As far as I can tell, the only reason it's not bourbon is that it's aged in used bourbon barrels instead of new ones.  

Good to hear that you enjoyed the concert.

No sales this weekend that I am aware of.

I believe Boondocks also cannot be labeled as a bourbon since it is distilled to greater than 160 proof.

• I like it 2

Haven’t seen John J. Bowman Single Barrel in these parts in donkey’s years, so grabbed one when I saw it today.  

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.