What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Drowning my sorrows after getting home from a horrific football game.

At least we won the tailgate!

That's John J. Bowman in the glass.

20220925_174351.jpg

I love everything about this photo.  The elegant decanter, the menacing  Fred Mertz in the background, tasked with guarding the premium bourbon from any would-be pilferers. 

That JJB should be just the thing to get your mind off the gridiron shortcomings of the Washington Football Team (sorry, I still get a chuckle out of that).

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220925_174351.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm.

image.jpeg.36f9c442b07fdeea0eee3ca5da70b78d.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Thomm said:

I love everything about this photo.  The elegant decanter, the menacing  Fred Mertz in the background, tasked with guarding the premium bourbon from any would-be pilferers. 

That JJB should be just the thing to get your mind off the gridiron shortcomings of the Washington Football Team (sorry, I still get a chuckle out of that).

Thanks!   

My wife is a huge Lucy fan.  Insanely huge.  As in, she's "been to Jamestown 3 times,  and drug me along on one of those trips and has an entire room dedicated to Lucille Ball" huge.   Every time she watches it, (we have all of the DVD's), she laughs as hard as she did when she it the first time.   

We have a small house and the the small room is a work in progress, loosely modeled on the "I Love Lucy" set.   She  displays some of the Lucy stuff  that she's collected since she was a kid.   She has some cool things, including a cancelled check signed buy Desi Arnaz, a purse owned by Vivian Vance etc.   

Hell, we even have a lilac bush from Lucy's childhood home, growing in our backyard.  I break out into a cold sweat every time I get near it with a weed-eater.

My favorite is the phone.   I searched high and low to find the same Western Electric "Lucy" phone that was used on the set.  I found one from a guy who renovates and sells  vintage working phones.  When we bought it, we  even had the option of selecting the "whirr or clicking" sound when you dialed.    Mrs.

Skinsfan watched an episode to find a scene where she dialed the phone to get the right one.  (It's a "whirr" 😏)  The old-fashioned ring is pretty cool too.          I do like the show.  They certainly don't make them like they used to.    Fred is the Man!

As for the Redskins/Team/Commanders/Whatever?   There's not even liquor in the world to drown those sorrows 😉

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hmmmmmmmmm.

image.jpeg.36f9c442b07fdeea0eee3ca5da70b78d.jpeg

Biba! Joe

Well played 😅

• I like it 5

20 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

Four Roses still keeping me company. 

Listening to all sorts of favourites on YouTube, whitesnake, def Leppard, Reo speedwagon, fleetwood mac.....

IMG_20220925_205417.jpg

Waterford tumbler???  Beautiful!  😊

• I like it 1

51 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Waterford tumbler???  Beautiful!  😊

There is no mark on it so I don't actually know where it's from. 

ECBP, then KC12.  The KC12 is really growing on me.

It has been mentioned:  You People are bad influences.  Of the best sort.

• I like it 6

On 9/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220925_174351.jpg

With Wentz as your quarterback, you are going to need more bourbon. 

• I like it 2

53 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Amen!

Just returned from a 3 1/2 hour City Council meeting with public commentary about sweeping zoning code reformation (and I got up and spoke) so I'm now medicating with some KC12 and a BC ECSiB private select.

• I like it 8

19 hours ago, flahute said:

Just returned from a 3 1/2 hour City Council meeting with public commentary about sweeping zoning code reformation (and I got up and spoke) so I'm now medicating with some KC12 and a BC ECSiB private select.

Fun ain’t it @flahute. I went to an informational meeting last Tuesday. Representatives from four wards in our area have pooled some of their resources to purchase Ring doorbell cameras for residents in order to fight the rising crime rate here. I was there to provide support for the Aldermen and ward representatives because I know a little bit about the Ring. I helped with a few questions and some pertinent information. Afterwards I was interviewed by reporters from a couple of our local tv stations. 😬 I received “comments” from a couple of family members and one of our bourbon/cigar guys. 🙄 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

52 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Fun ain’t it @flahute. I went to an informational meeting last Tuesday. Representatives from four wards in our area have pooled some of their resources to purchase Ring doorbell cameras for residents in order to fight the rising crime rate here. I was there to provide support for the Aldermen and ward representatives because I know a little bit about the Ring. I helped with a few questions and some pertinent information. Afterwards I was interviewed by reporters from a couple of our local tv stations. 😬 I received “comments” from family a couple of family members and one of our bourbon/cigar guys. 🙄 

Biba! Joe

It was so brutal.

Sipping on some BT.  Date night with the wife, dinner out and then a Hailey Rheinhart concert at a small local theatre.  

• I like it 4

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Fun ain’t it @flahute. I went to an informational meeting last Tuesday. Representatives from four wards in our area have pooled some of their resources to purchase Ring doorbell cameras for residents in order to fight the rising crime rate here. I was there to provide support for the Aldermen and ward representatives because I know a little bit about the Ring. I helped with a few questions and some pertinent information. Afterwards I was interviewed by reporters from a couple of our local tv stations. 😬 I received “comments” from family a couple of family members and one of our bourbon/cigar guys. 🙄 

Biba! Joe

True story.  A few years back, before Covid, there was a drug bust in my small town.  One of the residents across the street from the house where the bust was made posted several nearly live videos from their Ring camera including when the armored SWAT vehicle was rolling down the street.  Big time in Small Town.

Tonight, I popped open a newly purchased bottle of OE7 BS.  Why?  Because.  So there.

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

Sipping on some BT.  Date night with the wife, dinner out and then a Hailey Rheinhart concert at a small local theatre.  

Date night with wife, dinner out, bourbon and concert.  Quad-tro-rific!  

• I like it 1

Stopped by my local on the way home from work to say hi to the owner (my friend) but he had the day off. The employees know me quite well at this point so one of them started walking towards the back room and said "I bet they don't mind if I sell you one of these......" and came out with the Hardin's Creek (the new Jim Beam LE that is 15yrs old.)

Drinking it now and it is quite lovely. Extra aged Beam is so, so in my wheelhouse.

• I like it 6

On 9/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

You went to Snyder’s atrocity?  Phillie fans out shouted CDR’s fans the whole game on tv.  Why didn’t you yell?🤣

Tonight, it is Woodford Reserve KSWW, label batch 0083, bottle 1449 (although I think that label and bottle info is on there just for show for taters).  This is perfect for sipping while watching some dummass Hallmark Movies and Mysteries thing about a female PI and some murderer who steals family pics.

• I like it 1

On 9/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Uh, my Mamma raised no fool.  I got PLENTY!  Been bunkering since Jack Kent Cooke died.

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

You went to Snyder’s atrocity?  Phillie fans out shouted CDR’s fans the whole game on tv.  Why didn’t you yell?🤣

Tonight, it is Woodford Reserve KSWW, label batch 0083, bottle 1449 (although I think that label and bottle info is on there just for show for taters).  This is perfect for sipping while watching some dummass Hallmark Movies and Mysteries thing about a female PI and some murderer who steals family pics.

Yup!

With the rare exception, we go to every home game, and have since the good ole days at RFK.  Admittedly, we left our seats with 9 minutes left, to grill hot dogs for the post-tailgate.   We may not win the games, but we always win the tailgate!

Trust me, I yelled 😅

• I like it 3

I present a webinar twice per month and my drinking on it is "a thing".  Some of the attendees even inquire ahead of time to see if we can drink the same beverage.

BBC Disc 7 tonight.  That stuff is so sweet and, yes, "smooth".  Tastes below its proof.  Mmmmm!

Can't wait to open the #8.

• I like it 3

Revisiting Jack Triple Mash Bonded after a couple months.

I had completely given up on this, but I have to say, it's somehow way better than the last couple times I tried it.  If you have a bottle, don't give up on it just yet.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.