What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, CaptTim said:

Some OF 1910 in the glass this evening .  Long day on the water in the wind and cold.

OK, I have to ask.  You say your location is Ohio and Michigan and then you say "long day on the water in the wind and cold."  Are you really a Captain?  Are you really Tim?  What do you do for a living?  I am intrigued as a fan of the Great Lakes.

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I am certain that he does!

I am so sorry.  I really like Terry McLaurin.  Indy Guy.  I also like Brian Robinson.  Just seems like someone who had a tough break.

Go Commanders.  Not a Commanders fan but as a Colts fan I want the Titans to lose. Yet I like Vrabel.  Football is so conflicting.  

OK, back to bourbon, I will have one final night cap pour of....drum roll please....OE7 BS.

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am so sorry.  I really like Terry McLaurin.  Indy Guy.  I also like Brian Robinson.  Just seems like someone who had a tough break.

Go Commanders.  Not a Commanders fan but as a Colts fan I want the Titans to lose. Yet I like Vrabel.  Football is so conflicting.  

OK, back to bourbon, I will have one final night cap pour of....drum roll please....OE7 BS.

Thanks!

We'll do our best.  

My nightcap...

20221007_215326.jpg

• I like it 3

33 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

After a couple of sizable pours of WR Rye, I rolled into a couple of smaller pours of OE7 while posting crazy ass YouTube music videos in another forum on SB.com.  Why? Because bourbon and music are good.  

I still believe many of us are disappointed that @flahute didn't share any surfing videos.  Yet, since he was in Hawaii and enjoying his anniversary .. Happy Anniversary Steve...we will give him some slack.  

LOL. While I do know how to position myself to catch a wave, and I am able to actually catch one, what happens after that is usually not very pretty! Which is why I imagine y'all want videos.

And thanks for the anniversary wishes. While I did finally catch covid while there, it wasn't that bad so all in all a great trip.

• I like it 1

I dropped a cube in this to tame it. It’s above my usual proof zone.  I’ll ride the dilution train to the end. 

2649D596-523A-43D5-86FC-A0BBBD4795D9.jpeg

• I like it 9

Was sippin on some Eagle Rare to wind down for the evening until noticed that we’ve had some lemons that had been in the fridge for who knows how long.  Decided next drink would be a Whiskey Sour with Eagle Rare bourbon, angostura bitters, simple syrup, lemon juice, and of course egg whites with a dry shake. 

C7755F46-B724-427B-8F20-A0D54E1EBA80.jpeg

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

OK, I have to ask.  You say your location is Ohio and Michigan and then you say "long day on the water in the wind and cold."  Are you really a Captain?  Are you really Tim?  What do you do for a living?  I am intrigued as a fan of the Great Lakes.

To answer your questions..  We have two different places one in Ohio and one in Michigan..  I ran my own charter boat as a licenced captain for over 20 yrs on Lake Erie. Sold the boat and got out of that, now I fish the lakes in southern Michigan for Bass.  Work as a tool and die maker for a few more yrs till retirement to fish full time....lol

thumbnail (5).jpeg

• I like it 8

3 hours ago, CaptTim said:

To answer your questions..  We have two different places one in Ohio and one in Michigan..  I ran my own charter boat as a licenced captain for over 20 yrs on Lake Erie. Sold the boat and got out of that, now I fish the lakes in southern Michigan for Bass.  Work as a tool and die maker for a few more yrs till retirement to fish full time....lol

👍

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg.11bd1924be87ea05610f051e48041d97.jpeg

• I like it 1

Finishing a 12y (the EW. Just saw OS in the back ground) tonight, maybe… Really good. 
79A22C02-00B4-43BA-884D-9F49A7B2F4EC.thumb.jpeg.3ff6ca2104b43a0a5cd3b018a96a7a46.jpeg

• I like it 6

14 hours ago, CaptTim said:

thumbnail (5).jpeg

Sir, if you were wearing a Vol hat, I’d swear you were Bill Dance!  😁

8919FCAB-2970-43E1-AACE-4DA21D7BB1E7.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 2

14 hours ago, CaptTim said:

thumbnail (5).jpeg

Awesome, thanks for sharing!  I bet you have some great stories to tell.  As serendipity would have it, right after I read your response this morning, I walked past someone wearing a Put-In-Bay sweatshirt on my way into Costco.  This was in Indianapolis!  

• I like it 1

I do so love regular old RR SiB. Now $60 in most places, $70 in some.  Still $50 in Tampa and parts of WI.  Gonna get a few more.  So good.

• I like it 8

Mrssmokinjoe in a show of mercy and pure love bought me a bottle of OF 1897 today while I toiled laying sod in the back yard from dusk to dawn . Sipping it now, while medicating every muscle, joint, and bone, in my body. This is at this moment, the best bourbon I have ever had…🥰

• I like it 11

48 minutes ago, 0895 said:

What the hell…

162B0666-7D0A-47BE-972C-AC7911354B60.jpeg

I would say "Go Big or Stay Home!"  But, you are doing both!  Looks like you are enjoying some stellar pours as you walk down (up?) the wheater trail.

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Mrssmokinjoe in a show of mercy and pure love bought me a bottle of OF 1897 today while I toiled laying sod in the back yard from dusk to dawn . Sipping it now, while medicating every muscle, joint, and bone, in my body. This is at this moment, the best bourbon I have ever had…🥰

Sounds like it was well earned.  Nothing like a pour of good bourbon after a long day of physical labor.  She treated you very well!  Enjoy! 

Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select tonight. A little change from my usual sweet tooth indulgence. This one has a dry, edge of bitter streak that lingers on the finish.  Short pour tonight, as my NFL team plays in London tomorrow morning at 8:30 Central Time. 

• I like it 2

Heading out to dinner with some friends.  He is coming over to pre-game.  My drinks are cheaper & better than what the restaurant will have.  He's very new to bourbon.  Thought this would be a fair wheat vs. rye comparison.  Suggestions for future comparisons are welcome.

Wheat v Rye.jpg

• I like it 6

On 10/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, flahute said:

Last day of the anniversary trip to Hawaii. Working on killing a bottle of KC at the beach. (Been drinking it all week just to be clear!) Still have a sample bottle of FR Al Young waiting in the wings. 

(Pardon the simpleton photo. Feeling WAY to lazy to do anything artistic)

F3E48B6C-CEC1-414E-B1B5-EDD9C6445FA3.jpeg

Happy Anniversary!  Being in Hawaii is a lot better that New England right now - we had our first frost warning last night and put a blanket on the bed.  🥶

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Thomm said:

Short pour tonight, as my NFL team plays in London tomorrow morning at 8:30 Central Time. 

So sorry . . . .  😳

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.