What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, Anwalt said:

I present a webinar twice per month and my drinking on it is "a thing".  Some of the attendees even inquire ahead of time to see if we can drink the same beverage.

BBC Disc 7 tonight.  That stuff is so sweet and, yes, "smooth".  Tastes below its proof.  Mmmmm!

Can't wait to open the #8.

Hopefully, attendees don't play a drinking game where every time @Anwalt says "uh" they have to take a drink.  🤪

Crazy week at work.  Isn't it always?  Watching the Dolphins-Bengals game.  Not sure I like the Bengals uniforms.  But, Da Bengals moving the ball well against a good Dolphins defense.

Anyway, started out with a nice pour of ER.  I like it well enough but it just wasn't hitting the spot.  Probably because it was a last minute audible (football pun 🤪). I called a draw play against a stacked defense. Obviously, it didn't work.

Like any good bourbon coach, I had to adjust the game plan and opted for a nice pour of OE7.  Good adjustment.  A lot more success. 

Moral of the story.  Stick with your game plan or drink more bourbon.

• I like it 1

30 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Hopefully, attendees don't play a drinking game where every time @Anwalt says "uh" they have to take a drink.  🤪

This sounds like a brilliant idea!

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, RT Fan said:

Double trouble! What the heck it WAS Thirsty Thursday….

19733282-AF44-4D8B-A07A-F228B2DF420B.jpeg

You must have been thirsty!

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

This sounds like a brilliant idea!

As a supervisor, I often schedule training.  I would love nothing more than to be able to schedule a training webinar with an instructor in which both the instructor and participants could participate in drinking games.  My co-workers would love me more than than do already.  🤪

I do not schedule training with attorneys although I do participate in training with attorneys, primarily so I don't say something offensive that would get my employer sued. 

So I opted for a pour of ECBP because I am really not liking the Bengals uniforms.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, RT Fan said:

Double trouble! What the heck it WAS Thirsty Thursday….

19733282-AF44-4D8B-A07A-F228B2DF420B.jpeg

Did you blend those prior to sipping or just alternate?  Blending might be fun.  I finished off the one Bernheim I had , and the one WR I had "disappeared" two nights ago.    Wheat whiskey and wheated bourbons get consumed a lot during the Summer at my house.

• I like it 3

We had a meeting last night of our bourbon/cigar group. We had the extreme pleasure of the presence of one guys daughter, Lauren. She’s visiting  (and avoiding Hurricane Ian) from South Carolina. We had WR, MM, Jeppson’s Bourbon, a private selection Jeppson’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof, and our SB HH Select Stock. What made the evening even more amusing was that Lauren is in the industry. She works for a wine distributor in SC. We had some fun and interesting conversations. We concluded the night by heading inside for a beer. 😁

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.d5d391b62ee23b427ebae67160ea2a48.jpeg

• I like it 7

23 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Did you blend those prior to sipping or just alternate?  Blending might be fun.  I finished off the one Bernheim I had , and the one WR I had "disappeared" two nights ago.    Wheat whiskey and wheated bourbons get consumed a lot during the Summer at my house.

I've been getting a real sweet tooth for wheat whiskey.  Unfortunately, Best of Breed,  Old Elk Wheat,  has dried up and gone with the wind in these parts.

Tonight it's melancholy Dixieland as I think about the poor Southland.   The dram is Elijah Craig, but my thoughts are elsewhere.

• I like it 5

VOB 86 makes a nice Manhattan when you have to get up at 6am tomorrow cuz it still ain't the weekend just yet. 

On that subject, I have a question for anyone in the VOB camp. I have found a LS that stocks the 100 proof version of this animal. Will it be the same (no, I refuse to say 'juice") bourbon as the 86, just a higher proof version?  Guess I could find out for myself, but I still like to hear what others have to say. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I do not schedule training with attorneys although I do participate in training with attorneys, primarily so I don't say something offensive that would get my employer sued. 

I'm sorry.  Though I am an attorney, I tend to avoid them.  My clients are often surprised that I do not have many referrals.  I just find that attorneys are often needlessly unpleasant.  I do like entrepreneurs quite a lot and hang out with them far more often than I do with other attorneys.

True story:  I am putting together classes for CPE, which are required credits for CPA's.  I could easily add CLE, credits for attorneys.  But I will not do so.  The attorneys "get offended" much too readily, love to try and play "gotcha", complain, demand changes, etc.  As I said, needlessly unpleasant.  The CPA's are fine - they are happy to learn, pretty open-minded, and easier to get along with.

My profession has its reputation for a reason, sadly.

• I like it 1

On this glorious fall day in west central Ohio, a healthy pour of MM 101 in the glass.

Prost!!   Phil 

• I like it 6

2020 4R LE watching the sun set on a beautiful fall afternoon.  Life is good.

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 5

Took the day off to do some Bass fishing.  Had a good a day,  catching was good.

Rebel 100 in the glass tonight to start with.  

• I like it 5

Had my employee over (singular, was plural a week ago, stupid job market).

Order of tasting, over 4 hours, with a nice light-medium cigar, he's never really tried bourbon here in PR:

1) Blanton SiB, easy start, intro to wheated

2) BBC Disc #7, just damned good, and a wee increase in proof

3) ECBP, higher rye and a wee increase in proof

4) JMCB, different

His favorites, in order:

1) BBC Disc #7

2) ECBP

3) JMCB

4) Blantons SiB

I had a wee KC 12 in hour 6 after dinner, as the others continued with wine (Argentine Fin del Mundo red blend).  That is really, really growing on me.

• I like it 3

23 hours ago, Thomm said:

VOB 86 makes a nice Manhattan when you have to get up at 6am tomorrow cuz it still ain't the weekend just yet. 

On that subject, I have a question for anyone in the VOB camp. I have found a LS that stocks the 100 proof version of this animal. Will it be the same (no, I refuse to say 'juice") bourbon as the 86, just a higher proof version?  Guess I could find out for myself, but I still like to hear what others have to say. 

VOB has: 80, 86, 90, and 100 proof versions.  None have an age statement anymore, and the 100 is no longer labeled "bottled in bond".  So it all must be at least four years old, or maybe older, or could hypothetically have some a little bit older dumped into the batch (probably not much).

My best guess is it's all the same, proofed down as needed.

I would seek out the 100.

• I like it 2

Friday night pour of New Riff. Very pleasant while watching some West Coast collegiate football. 

03924CA5-3F72-442C-AF20-C221C5A109A9.jpeg

• I like it 3

Went out for Tex-Mex with some friends tonight.  Back home and sipping on some Colonel Taylor Small Batch.  I don't care that this stuff is tatered to death; I get plenty of it at msrp or I don't buy it, and I have always been a very big fan.  To me, it's worth the $15-18 upcharge over regular BT.

• I like it 3

I received both my flu shot, and latest Covid booster late this afternoon. I’m kicking back watching “Return Of The Jedi” while receiving yet another booster from my OF86 freezer bottle. 😁 “May The Bourbon Be With You” 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

11 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I received both my flu shot, and latest Covid booster late this afternoon. I’m kicking back watching “Return Of The Jedi” while receiving yet another booster from my OF86 freezer bottle. 😁 “May The Bourbon Be With You” 

Biba! Joe

2312B559-DFCE-4540-BA6D-83316180236F.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 9/27/2022 at 9:45 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Uh, my Mamma raised no fool.  I got PLENTY!  Been bunkering since Jack Kent Cooke died.

🤣🤣🤣

2017 Russel's Reserve L&K Pick (Barrel #16-518, Rickhouse M, Floor 6) in vast quantities with a couple of 12oz Wagyu ribeyes on the grill, stir-fried spinach and Portabella mushrooms, and an oven-baked potato.  SWMBO had a glass (or 2) of a fine white Corton Charlemagne Burgundy (yes, it's ok to drink a white wine with red meat - just ask her!).   🤪

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.