What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

OC10 is one of my all time favorite pours.  

Never got to try it. Came real close to picking some up on bottlespot before it got shut down. Wish i had pulled the trigger.

• I like it 1

A trip to Total Wine yielded this incredible bottle of Outryder, on closeout for less than 40 bucks.  This is as classic as bourbon can get( although it's a blend that isn't technically a bourbon or a rye)    We're in California spending Christmas with Mrs Jazz' family,  and this vanilla monster is doing its part to make things merry.

20221221_100209.jpg

• I like it 7

7 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

A trip to Total Wine yielded this incredible bottle of Outryder, on closeout for less than 40 bucks.  This is as classic as bourbon can get( although it's a blend that isn't technically a bourbon or a rye)    We're in California spending Christmas with Mrs Jazz' family,  and this vanilla monster is doing its part to make things merry.

20221221_100209.jpg

Hopefully, the guy at the end of the bar was ok with you taking his picture! 😜😀

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Hopefully, the guy at the end of the bar was ok with you taking his picture! 😜😀

I did one of these some years ago and saw in the picture some fat bald guy directly across from me.  Took an SBer to point out that it was ME in a mirror.

Tonight, a Magruders store pick MM overproof from last year.  It is still good.  Yes, I always add two cubes to two ounces.

• I like it 6

6 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I did one of these some years ago and saw in the picture some fat bald guy directly across from me.  Took an SBer to point out that it was ME in a mirror.

Tonight, a Magruders store pick MM overproof from last year.  It is still good.  Yes, I always add two cubes to two ounces.

MacGruber? Oh wait.  Magruders.  

a78337240303ada95a7494365948f736_1cdc5d3a48bbfb0e7fa8530a6a1a0eaa.jpg.ae72e6919f063fc4523ca8a885199448.jpg

I have a feeling fat bald old guy is a defining description of our many among our membership.  Yet it describes Santa.  So we good.  As I like to say, don't f...with jolly!

th.jpg.5212855fc157d6162ee65f63ff66a2e0.jpg

• I like it 2

The wife is sick and went to bed early. The dogs prefer the company of a sick her over a well me, so I am stuck trying to finish a very old Tom Clancy novel with the aid of a wee bit of Kentucky Spirit. Things could be worse. 

IMG_20221221_211633.jpg

• I like it 7

9 hours ago, Thomm said:

The wife is sick and went to bed early. The dogs prefer the company of a sick her over a well me, so I am stuck trying to finish a very old Tom Clancy novel with the aid of a wee bit of Kentucky Spirit. Things could be worse. 

Good choice on both counts.  That man was a brilliant author and sleuth.

• I like it 1

On 12/20/2022 at 8:54 PM, mbroo5880i said:

OC10 is one of my all time favorite pours.  

I can see why.  I've only experienced it as a 'dusty' in the past few years.

• I like it 1

On 12/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, FasterHorses said:

Never got to try it. Came real close to picking some up on bottlespot before it got shut down. Wish i had pulled the trigger.

I found two of these 750s in early 2017 and stumbled across a handle probably a year or so later.  If you like CEHT you'd love this because it has the same exact profile.  It tastes exactly like you'd think a 10 year 86 proof version of CEHT would taste.  The extra aging does wonders for it.  I actually love it more at 86 proof than 100.   Hmm ... 💡... maybe I need to try some water with my CEHT SmB ... 🤔

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

I first started drinking bourbon ca. 2006-2007. I did a lot of dusty hunting around Dallas at that time. OC10 wasn't even a dusty yet, but there were dusty Louisville bottles here and there. Both the Louisville and Frankfort bottlings were wonderful. Oddly, I've never had any CEHT to compare it to.

OC12/90 was one of the best bourbons I ever encountered. The depth of fruit notes was unparalleled.

I miss Old Charter.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

I found two of these 750s in early 2017 and stumbled across a handle probably a year or so later.  If you like CEHT you'd love this because it has the same exact profile.  It tastes exactly like you'd think a 10 year 86 proof version of CEHT would taste.  The extra aging does wonders for it.  I actually love it more at 86 proof than 100.   

Spot on!  I found it to also have a wonderful thick oily mouthfeel and nice long finish.  I do like CEHT but I agree that profile sings with age.  I remember balking when the price hit $20.  Now, I would pay at least $21. 😀  Actually, I would pay more but within reason.  I also liked it better than OC8 or the younger 101 version.  

4 hours ago, TBoner said:

I first started drinking bourbon ca. 2006-2007. I did a lot of dusty hunting around Dallas at that time. OC10 wasn't even a dusty yet, but there were dusty Louisville bottles here and there. Both the Louisville and Frankfort bottlings were wonderful. Oddly, I've never had any CEHT to compare it to.

OC12/90 was one of the best bourbons I ever encountered. The depth of fruit notes was unparalleled.

I miss Old Charter.

I never had OC12/90 but just the thought of it sounds great!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.