What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Four Roses Single Barrel. The perfect reward for a nasty work day.  I hate this stuff, cuz I wanna drink half the bottle every time I pull the cork.  

IMG_20221004_215327.jpg

• I like it 10

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Every coin has two sides. Not long after I purchased the “good ER’s”, I found and purchased a ER 10 101 mirror on eBay. It was in the Milwaukee area, so I went to pick it up rather than have it shipped. Today’s habits started long ago. No smart phone back then, so I printed out a list of liquor stores in the area. We picked up the mirror and stopped at a liquor store. Jackpot! They had some Pappy, and several other nice things. I grabbed a Pappy 15, a gift set, two or three other bottles, and headed to the checkout. By the checkout on the end cap were cases of a private pick ER they did. On sale for $21.99! I so loved my other ER’s, I got really excited. I asked if there was a discount if I bought a case. The checkout person shook his head and said it was already on sale at a really good price and couldn’t give me a case discount. I looked at my wife. She gave me the look. 🙄 She matter of factly said that I already found some good bottles, and suggested we call it a day. She added that if I really liked the ER, I could comeback up and buy a case later on. I gave in. I’m so glad I listened to her. That ER was awful. To this day, it’s the worst ER I’ve ever had. 🤢

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

I've heard the honey barrel ER story from enough different people by now to figure it probably does really happen sometimes, just not for me so far.

The bottles of ER I've had over the years have ranged from average to not so good (off flavors - musty).  It makes my life easier when I can give up on something and pursue other brands I'm more likely to enjoy.

To put it in perspective, same mash bill and proof, I would much rather drink the standard Buffalo Trace versus Eagle Rare (the bottles I've tried).

Buffalo Trace is a not very complicated profile, but at least I don't detect any obvious flaws.

• I like it 1

On 10/1/2022 at 1:10 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I received both my flu shot, and latest Covid booster late this afternoon. I’m kicking back watching “Return Of The Jedi” while receiving yet another booster from my OF86 freezer bottle. 😁 “May The Bourbon Be With You” 

Biba! Joe

The bourbon is strong with this one. 

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 2

Got home after shopping and spread a pallet (35 bags) of tumbled river rock around a landscaping bed to help retain mulch from washing out during rains.  Decided to treat myself to an afternoon pour of EHT SmB on the deck, for medicinal purposes.

• I like it 7

The 4 pm weekday fortification:  Barrell #32.  Really good.  I've heard that the #31 and #33 are even better.  It just never disappoints.  Those people know how to blend.

• I like it 3

On 10/4/2022 at 2:08 PM, mbroo5880i said:

My wife is watching the Voice so....I am watching the Voice but not really since I am surfing the internet and....drinking bourbon.  I saw Eagle Rare so that is the pour.  It is a solid bourbon.  I think I will have a second pour and hunt out some music on YouTube.

Ha! I actually like this show. Bourbon while watching makes it all the better. 

• I like it 3

Last day of the anniversary trip to Hawaii. Working on killing a bottle of KC at the beach. (Been drinking it all week just to be clear!) Still have a sample bottle of FR Al Young waiting in the wings. 

(Pardon the simpleton photo. Feeling WAY to lazy to do anything artistic)

F3E48B6C-CEC1-414E-B1B5-EDD9C6445FA3.jpeg

• I like it 14

16 minutes ago, flahute said:

Last day of the anniversary trip to Hawaii. Working on killing a bottle of KC at the beach. (Been drinking it all week just to be clear!) Still have a sample bottle of FR Al Young waiting in the wings. 

Happy Anniversary to the wife and you! 

• I like it 1

52 minutes ago, flahute said:

That's a perfect photo.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

This 1897 BIB in its dotage has become a fantastic honey bottle / batch,   as good an OF of any variety as I've had in many years (and I've sipped my share of good ones).

This is just so deep in the shed; it screams classic OF flavors, perfectly balanced, and I don't have to add a drop of warer.   

The music is Lol Coxhilll,  as far out as this whiskey.

20221006_210603.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That's a perfect photo.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

I was hoping to see @flahute on a surf board hanging ten.  But, I guess sitting on beach recliner with a hotel cup pour of bourbon will have to do.  🤪

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I was hoping to see @flahute on a surf board hanging ten.  But, I guess sitting on beach recliner with a hotel cup pour of bourbon will have to do.  🤪

Ha! The waves have not been big enough for that! At least where we are. We went to a spot on the north shore yesterday that was pumping a bit and even if I had a board I would have passed due to the proximity to the rocks. (And all the locals who would have chased me away).

As our beach time nears its close, I finished off the Al Young 50th. What a way to live. 

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Me & the guard enjoying some quality time & fresh air.

FF2A16F4-834F-4517-BAC5-C30DA88E1748.jpeg

how is that father son? have a bottle to open soon...

53 minutes ago, steven s said:

how is that father son? have a bottle to open soon...

Lots of oak & berries.

Nice rye spice.

I like it quite well.

Some OF 1910 in the glass this evening .  Long day on the water in the wind and cold.

• I like it 4

Our hapless team is playing the Tennessee Titans this week, so I'm bringing a few bottles of Tennessee whiskey to the tailgate.

I'm not sure what to take, so I'll have a few pours,  to decide what I'm going to bring.

Heaven's Door is currently at bat.

Uncle Nearest 1884 is on deck 😁

20221007_200217.thumb.jpg.0abe45ebf88afe8c3f7d6754856028ad.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Currently at bat.

Dickel 12 on deck.20221007_205241.thumb.jpg.1ec17b9d80c5e4e57e9b54b181c5728a.jpg

Wait!  You have already started tailgating?  C'mon, Carson makes for crazy Sundays but I am not certain he drives one to drink on a Friday evening.  😀

After a couple of sizable pours of WR Rye, I rolled into a couple of smaller pours of OE7 while posting crazy ass YouTube music videos in another forum on SB.com.  Why? Because bourbon and music are good.  

I still believe many of us are disappointed that @flahute didn't share any surfing videos.  Yet, since he was in Hawaii and enjoying his anniversary .. Happy Anniversary Steve...we will give him some slack.  

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Wait!  You have already started tailgating?  C'mon, Carson makes for crazy Sundays but I am not certain he drives one to drink on a Friday evening.  😀

I am certain that he does!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.