What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 minutes ago, Thomm said:

@Gee Ten --Guess I should.have savored the whiskey and skipped the game!

Ohhhh @Thomm.  Don’t get @GeeTen started. 😉

BibaJoe

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Happy Anniversary!  Being in Hawaii is a lot better that New England right now - we had our first frost warning last night and put a blanket on the bed.  🥶

Thanks! Yeah, the cold weather can come on suddenly for sure. We are having an odd start to October here as we haven't had any rain yet and nothing is in the forecast for a while so we're having an extended summer. The only downside is that it's coming with wildfire smoke! The rain will be here soon enough and when it arrives it will be here for a LONG time.

• I like it 1

Back from Hawaii and recovering from the case of covid I picked up. All in all not too bad - this has been easier than any cold or flu I've ever had. With my sinuses being a bit compromised the bourbon has not been tasting that great so I've been working on a bottle of VOB100 that normally tastes youngish and grain forward but it my current state it tastes decent so I will attempt to kill this bottle as long as I'm in this state. (To be clear, this is not a case of losing taste and smell due to covid - lot's of things taste normal. It's just the nuances of bourbon that are getting lost so I don't want to waste good pours while I'm like this).

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, flahute said:

Back from Hawaii and recovering from the case of covid I picked up. All in all not too bad - this has been easier than any cold or flu I've ever had. With my sinuses being a bit compromised the bourbon has not been tasting that great so I've been working on a bottle of VOB100 that normally tastes youngish and grain forward but it my current state it tastes decent so I will attempt to kill this bottle as long as I'm in this state. (To be clear, this is not a case of losing taste and smell due to covid - lot's of things taste normal. It's just the nuances of bourbon that are getting lost so I don't want to waste good pours while I'm like this).

All in all it sounds like you are on the mend.  Get Well Soon!  High proof, youngish whiskies can be great when you want to enjoy a pour but your palate is feeling off due to a cold.   VOB100 isn't expensive so it is a good option in that scenario.  

• I like it 1

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

All in all it sounds like you are on the mend.  Get Well Soon!  High proof, youngish whiskies can be great when you want to enjoy a pour but your palate is feeling off due to a cold.   VOB100 isn't expensive so it is a good option in that scenario.  

Thanks 'broo! The VOB is actually tasting better to me in this state so I'll take advantage of it while I can. And you are absolutely correct - I've done similar things in the past when I had a cold.

• I like it 3

After drinking rye most of the weekend, I decided to opt for bourbon on Sunday Night as I prepare for another work week.  

Started out with a nice pour of OE7 BS.  I have never had the OE Distillers Collection BS which is only 4 years old for about the same price.  Of course, it is everywhere while OE7 BS is practically a unicorn.  I am curious how they compare.   

I will follow up with a nice pour of ECBP 0522 as my night cap.

My wife is making me watch Celebrity Jeopardy instead of the football game.  As long as I have bourbon and Constance Wu is on, I am good.  I can catch the second half.

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

So sorry . . . .  😳

Go Patriots!  I didn't realize Bailey was their QB.

th.jpg.6d78e25eed5bcbbcf8bc7aa2601a1279.jpg

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Go Patriots!  I didn't realize Bailey was their QB.

th.jpg.6d78e25eed5bcbbcf8bc7aa2601a1279.jpg

Yeah - but he (she) won!  🤣

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

My wife is making me watch Celebrity Jeopardy instead of the football game.  As long as I have bourbon and Constance Wu is on, I am good.  I can catch the second half.

Constance Wu - woof!  🥰

constance-wu-2016-450x600.jpg

• I like it 5

33 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Constance Wu - woof!  🥰

You reprobates haven't figured out that we are not supposed to be into beautiful women.  But when in Rome....

Salma Hayek, Ana de Armas, Morena Baccarin, and of course the goddess, Sophia Loren.  

Granted, when dealing with the Hot-Crazy Matrix, Latinas get +1 on each axis of the scale.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

You reprobates haven't figured out that we are not supposed to be into beautiful women.  But when in Rome....

Salma Hayek, Ana de Armas, Morena Baccarin, and of course the goddess, Sophia Loren.  

Granted, when dealing with the Hot-Crazy Matrix, Latinas get +1 on each axis of the scale.

🤣. That is still one of the funniest spoofs I’ve seen on the Interwebs…ever!  It still makes me howl.  🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 1

Finally back after being gone for another two weeks.  Got the call from Hospice regarding my Brother in law and had to drop everything to head back to Louisiana.  He passed away on the 30th but my wife and daughter had a good day with him on the 29th.  Funeral was on the 2nd.  He had been in very poor health for the two years prior so in some respects, I am glad that he is no longer suffering.  He worked until he went into hospice.  He was at retirement age but refused to retire until he had maximized his retirement which would have been in December.  

Got back on the 7th so just now posting.  Had to go to my local store to replenish my well whiskeys (WT101 and BT).  Tried some of each and am still pleasantly surprised at how good these are.  I did see that Mega-Bev had  a barrel pick of Yellowstone available for ~$60.  Has anyone tried it and would recommend it at this price?

Now trying to catch up on work emails as well as my personal bookkeeping.

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Finally back after being gone for another two weeks.  Got the call from Hospice regarding my Brother in law and had to drop everything to head back to Louisiana.  He passed away on the 30th but my wife and daughter had a good day with him on the 29th.  Funeral was on the 2nd.  He had been in very poor health for the two years prior so in some respects, I am glad that he is no longer suffering.  He worked until he went into hospice.  He was at retirement age but refused to retire until he had maximized his retirement which would have been in December.  

Got back on the 7th so just now posting.  Had to go to my local store to replenish my well whiskeys (WT101 and BT).  Tried some of each and am still pleasantly surprised at how good these are.  I did see that Mega-Bev had  a barrel pick of Yellowstone available for ~$60.  Has anyone tried it and would recommend it at this price?

Now trying to catch up on work emails as well as my personal bookkeeping.

So sorry for your loss.  May you and your family be at Peace.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

I am glad that he is no longer suffering.

It easy for an outsider to write, but sincerely meant all the same:  Godspeed to him, and may he now be at peace.

• I like it 1

Thanks to everyone for their support and kind words.  We appreciate it great deal.  

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.