What Bourbon did you Purchase (Fall 2022)

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Figured I should get this off and rolling since I melted the credit card buying bourbon over the weekend. Managed to get 2 bottle of Regular BT. A case of ECBP C922, some for a fellow SBer, and a bottle of RR13. The ECBP was a total surprise because I wasn't expecting it to drop for another week or two. Very fortunate to get my usual case of it since it is still one of the best values available in this control state for $59.99 a bottle. And yes, even with getting a case, there was still plenty leftover for others to grab as well! He is to a fun Fall hunting season for those of you still doing so! Cheers!

• I like it 9

2 hours ago, elmossle said:

Very fortunate to get my usual case of it since it is still one of the best values available in this control state for $59.99 a bottle.

Wow, congrats!

Totally Green with Envy.

• I like it 1

What can I say?  KC9 and MM101.  Two easily available bourbons that I really enjoy, and good value for what they are.

• I like it 10

13 hours ago, elmossle said:

Figured I should get this off and rolling since I melted the credit card buying bourbon over the weekend. Managed to get 2 bottle of Regular BT. A case of ECBP C922, some for a fellow SBer, and a bottle of RR13. The ECBP was a total surprise because I wasn't expecting it to drop for another week or two. Very fortunate to get my usual case of it since it is still one of the best values available in this control state for $59.99 a bottle. And yes, even with getting a case, there was still plenty leftover for others to grab as well! He is to a fun Fall hunting season for those of you still doing so! Cheers!

Well done!

Stopped by a local store I haven't been to in a while to see if something new showed up.

They have REMUS REPEAL RESERVE SERIES in stock at $100 I passed as I know little about this bourbon.   Wondering what you SB pro's may think of it?

Ended up walking out with WT101 all the talk on here thought I would finally try it for myself. 

I have to say I am missing my wheat in this bourbon.     

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

So, one wilted a couple of days ago. One bloomed today.   🌹🌹🌹🌹

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.d0fe487ae7e58ca1f36d5e458746b8cc.jpeg

Mellow Corn?  😜  It is close to harvest, ya know!  

FR formerly NKA YL.  Good purchase!

• I like it 3

Saw the first OE7 Barrel Strength on the shelf in over 3 or 4 years at the local grocery store today while picking up light sour cream.  I saw the liquor manager stocking shelves from boxes on the opposite end of the aisle from the premium selections.  I walked around to find it on the shelf with the back label facing out and no price label yet.  My guess is he had placed it on the shelf and was going to come back to put price label on the shelf.  No need.  I took it home.  I saved him some work.  

Now, the question is "what did he put on the shelf in its place?"

• I like it 3

I picked these up today. I am a little nervous about the Turkey, because it was more than I usually like to spend ( got them all at retail and it was still north of 200 ) . Hoping it's great, probably have it for Thanksgiving.

20220928_002009.jpg

• I like it 9

13 hours ago, CaptTim said:

They have REMUS REPEAL RESERVE SERIES in stock at $100

Very popular with some of the people here.  Indeed, some friends in Ohio are getting some for me and for a few fellow SB'ers.

I have yet to try it, just swapped for a RRRS5.  But people whose judgment I have learned to trust are willing to lay down the 5 Jacksons for #6.  

Once the #6 shows up here in PR, I will it side-by-side with the #5.

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

Very popular with some of the people here.  Indeed, some friends in Ohio are getting some for me and for a few fellow SB'ers.

I have yet to try it, just swapped for a RRRS5.  But people whose judgment I have learned to trust are willing to lay down the 5 Jacksons for #6.  

Once the #6 shows up here in PR, I will it side-by-side with the #5.

Well. You may have talked me into stopping and picking one up.  They had a good supply, thanks

• I like it 1

I was only going to buy a couple bottles of the EW eggnog for Mrs. Skinsfan,  but these ended up going home with me. 😏

20220928_194427.jpg

20220928_194457.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 4

JD Barrel Strength. Ah, with a small cube of ice, this stuff is awesomest! Was sceptical, but ...you know, I am convinced. 

IMG_20220929_202011661.jpg

• I like it 8

19 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I was only going to buy a couple bottles of the EW eggnog for Mrs. Skinsfan,  but these ended up going home with me. 😏

20220928_194427.jpg

20220928_194457.jpg

I think the EW Eggnog is the best I had. I had similar stuff called Cabot Trail Cream in Canada last year (my wife is canadian), but the EW stuff reigns supreme. Sadly we don't get any in Germany, 

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Sven Heuchert said:

JD Barrel Strength. Ah, with a small cube of ice, this stuff is awesomest! Was sceptical, but ...you know, I am convinced. 

😎

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.71a7587a5a673fc7cb9b6e9623d97c6a.jpeg

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

😎

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.71a7587a5a673fc7cb9b6e9623d97c6a.jpeg

I buy all the stuff you recommend, sadly we get half of the good juice you drink overseas, so mostly I'm sitting here sobbering ... hahaha!

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220928_194427.jpg

20220928_194457.jpg

Ardbeg Uigeadail and BBC Fusion are two of my favorites.  Uigeadail enjoyed in the evening at our fire pit is really hard to beat.

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

Ardbeg Uigeadail and BBC Fusion are two of my favorites.  Uigeadail enjoyed in the evening at our fire pit is really hard to beat.

I'm an Islay whiskey whore and Ardbeg is my go-to.   The Missus got me a bottle of the Traigh Bhan for Christmas.  If you like Ardbeg,  you'll love this. If you love Ardbeg, you'll think that you've died and gone to Heaven. It's that good.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

I think the EW Eggnog is the best I had. I had similar stuff called Cabot Trail Cream in Canada last year (my wife is canadian), but the EW stuff reigns supreme. Sadly we don't get any in Germany, 

Agreed and it's cheap to boot,  ($8.99).

It's pretty good on its own, but damn good with a splash of bourbon or rye.

3 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

IMG_20220929_202011661.jpg

It is one of my favorites.

Don't you love the way it evolves, as the ice melts?

It's one of the few that I pour over a large ice ball.

That 70cl bottle though. I hate that. They did the same with the bonded version.  I hope that doesn't become a "thing" stateside.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

No word on some barrels picks that I was hoping would have landed around mid July. 

Picked up a WT101Rye to hold me over another week.

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

No word on some barrels picks that I was hoping would have landed around mid July. 

Picked up a WT101Rye to hold me over another week.

You can't go wrong with WT101

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

Ran into another W12, a WSR and a OFSBBP rye all at msrp.  Definitely a good day.

🥹

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.