What Bourbon did you Purchase (Fall 2022)

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I ran out for some milk this morning and stopped in the neighboring liquor store and found this.

EE6E1E87-966B-4D72-9B51-2FB5C871FAF9.jpeg

• I like it 5

19 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I ran out for some milk this morning

Seems to happen a lot in the Bluegrass State......

• I like it 2

Stopped by a favorite store on the way home picked these up.  Limit 1 on the Heaven Hill

Heaven hill.jpg

• I like it 7

Well, of those 8 WTRB's I got at $35 (they still have plenty left), I already gave one away.  Easy to do at that price.  Friends don't let friends drink inferior stuff.

• I like it 5

On 10/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, berto said:

Charbay made a limited run of bourbon.  I got a bottle as part of a group. Hopefully have it in hand next week.

Actual bourbon or whiskey distilled from a bourbon mash? I ask because I was at the distillery back in early July tasting through a lot of wild stuff including a bourbon that he can't call bourbon because it either came off the still higher than allowed and/or went into the barrel higher than allowed. Pretty good!

1 hour ago, Cibsie said:

Cannot wait to crack this open!

Image.thumb.jpeg.0446065ab98d9cf8c3458912623603d8.jpeg

Good show!  Stagg might as well be a unicorn in my area.  Enjoy!

Just like a Stagg, it is camouflaged by your countertop!   It is a two decimal point buck.  That provides an extra 0.1 proof.  

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

4 hours ago, Cibsie said:

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Good show!  Stagg might as well be a unicorn in my area.  Enjoy!

Just like a Stagg, it is camouflaged by your countertop!   It is a two decimal point buck.  That provides an extra 0.1 proof.  

It’s literally been years since I’ve seen a bottle of Stagg. That changed a few weeks ago. I saw a bottle of Stagg on the “allocated” shelf at a store. It was right next to a bottle of Weller 12. The good news was that both were at msrp. The bad news was that there was a limit of only one bottle from the the shelf. 🤨 I posted which bottle came home with me. 😉

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.9f6622a3d2eb0aca37f69fcd7ad90faf.jpeg

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, Cibsie said:

Batch 15… interesting. 

14 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Batch 15… interesting. 

Yeah, got a Willett 8-year the other day and made the trade for this+.  I still count it as a purchase since it's the only way to get your hands on it in MN.  Definitely hunting hard for Batch 18 just in case!

Edited by Cibsie

Just now, Cibsie said:

Yeah, got a Willett 8-year the other day and made the trade for this+.  I still count it as a purchase since it's the only way to get your hands on it in MN.  Definitely going to be hunting hard for Batch 18 just in case!

Is there a batch 18? Still unclear on the status of this product. 

2 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Is there a batch 18? Still unclear on the status of this product. 

Yeah, my understanding is Batch 18 is still the same product, they just dropped the Jr. on the bottle.

Edited to add a pic - Not my photo 

18.thumb.jpg.7250660c569676b4fb6f5424caa60ace.jpg

Edited by Cibsie
  • I like it 2

19 hours ago, flahute said:

Actual bourbon or whiskey distilled from a bourbon mash? I ask because I was at the distillery back in early July tasting through a lot of wild stuff including a bourbon that he can't call bourbon because it either came off the still higher than allowed and/or went into the barrel higher than allowed. Pretty good!

I believe you are correct and I misspoke. Happy to hear it’s tasty.  I’ve heard glowing reports from folks who have their bottles already.

3 gifts from clients today.  #1 Son also purchased an A107 in Ohio.  Good day!

Not sure that the non-SH15 two are, I'll need to research them.  I told the client who got the SH15 he was overpaying.  He did not care, he just wanted to be sure I liked it.

The clients have been asking for a buy list.  I probably should get them one.  I love my First World Problems.  And seriously, I am lucky & grateful.

NDP1.jpg

NDP2.jpg

SH15.jpg

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Cibsie said:

Yeah, my understanding is Batch 18 is still the same product, they just dropped the Jr. on the bottle.

Edited to add a pic - Not my photo 

18.thumb.jpg.7250660c569676b4fb6f5424caa60ace.jpg

I guess that isn't really a different batch??  Just a different label? 

overpaid for a W12, but it was only the 3rd one I've seen in several years. 

Time to refill the decanter of W12/OWA, a favorite.

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, steven s said:

overpaid for a W12, but it was only the 3rd one I've seen in several years. 

Time to refill the decanter of W12/OWA, a favorite.

Did the same.  Someone got it for MSRP and sold it to me for $200.  I'd have spent way more than $120 of my (or someone else's) time trying to find it.  I really want to compare it to A107 and WFP, both of which I have.  I'll also need to try the blend you mentioned.  Second time I've paid secondary, the first was for RR13, for similar reasons.  Sooooo worth it.

I felt dirty.  But now I do not.  Free market & all, much as I like to whine & moan about professional taters.  If ya can't lick 'em.....

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, MM818 said:

We’ll see about these…

KL has some great picks, look forward to hearing from you on those.  I saw that the ER came & went rather quickly on their waiting list yesterday.

I'm especially curious as to the Rebel, was thinking about it.

9 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

KL has some great picks, look forward to hearing from you on those.  I saw that the ER came & went rather quickly on their waiting list yesterday.

I'm especially curious as to the Rebel, was thinking about it.

I’m sure they’ll be fire. 

• I like it 1

51 minutes ago, MM818 said:

We’ll see about these…

A5C732B4-15B4-4AFC-B61B-D99741B2C001.jpeg

Any info on distillery or state of distillation on the Rare Character? Might have a chance to pick from them but would like to learn more about them.

2 minutes ago, Jazz June said:

Any info on distillery or state of distillation on the Rare Character? Might have a chance to pick from them but would like to learn more about them.

MGP. I’ve also enjoyed a pick from an excellent store in Pasadena. I think I’ve also seen Tennessee distillate. 

BD168FA8-87D2-49ED-B202-7DB23CF91908.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.