What Bourbon did you Purchase (Fall 2022)

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, markandrex said:

Ran into another W12, a WSR and a OFSBBP rye all at msrp.  Definitely a good day.

I would have thought that WSR would be easy to find in Ky. at msrp.   Maybe they sent it all to Ohio. 

Had a buddy tell me it was hard to find so I bought it every time I saw at the store $24.  Now I am sitting on 2 plus cases.

I will say it will not go to waste...lol

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, CaptTim said:

I would have thought that WSR would be easy to find in Ky. at msrp.

WSR is usually much more in KY.  Because Bourbon Trail tourists.  I found that most of the larger chains had more reasonable pricing and the little stores...outrageous.  I know a guy who buys cases of WSR at $24/bottle in Ohio and then drives to Buffalo Trace and sells them for $60 each in the parking lot.  Which is a lot cheaper than what some of those little stores price them at.  You gotta admire the entrepreneurial spirit.

2 hours ago, hughewil said:

Birthday week haul

birthday.jpeg.2794da8d10376e0027edad063a03d9f8.jpeg

Quality bourbons there, each and every one.  Well done.

Edited by Kepler
the KC Rye is also a quality rye, lol
  • I like it 2

On 9/29/2022 at 1:31 PM, Sven Heuchert said:

JD Barrel Strength. Ah, with a small cube of ice, this stuff is awesomest! Was sceptical, but ...you know, I am convinced. 

IMG_20220929_202011661.jpg

It's delicious

8 hours ago, hughewil said:

Birthday week haul

birthday.jpeg.2794da8d10376e0027edad063a03d9f8.jpeg

Just curious did you find the EHT and the Weller 12 in Ohio?

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Quality bourbons there, each and every one.  Well done.

Did you dis the rye on purpose haha.  Seriously tho, the KC SiB Select rye is no slouch in that company. 

• I like it 1

Weekend get-away to Lexington last weekend & picked up a couple Blanton's along with the BT tour.  Stopped & got a couple bottles of 4RSB BP. (I think the distilleries are encouraging couples in order to get the extra bottles) 

• I like it 2

Was reaching for WTRB when I was directed to try a sample of Oregon Spirit BiB. Needless to say, a bottle followed me home.

4F8FFE5C-7791-444C-8EB8-E63127C9EAAB.jpeg

• I like it 2

Sipping a little ECBP from the recent release (922?) while listening to the Joe Bonner Trio. "New Life"  Perfect piano jazz for a rainy Saturday night...

• I like it 3

04A323ED-CFF0-4061-96E1-923D17665455.thumb.jpeg.7253a70292f1065ab9fae7712b5e29ff.jpeg

Went back for the 18, hope to see more. Picked up a Blantons for a coworker. 

• I like it 8

Road trip return @ a week ago from MD for a Forester's convention (and a visit with the fam) had me passing thru my adopted 2nd home state of KY.  Time was almost up to get a couple of my MM Ambassador bottles, so I left Baltimore (that's Bawlmr in localese) early enough to make a stop at Makers.  Got a few 1L MM Am bottles along with a M46CS and a BRT-02 WFS.  A few stops in Bowling Green (+one for a Sbarro pizza) found more KY hitchhikers for the ride back to AR.  Not shown are 1 each bottles of Sagamore Double Oaked Rye and another BBF #6 while I was in the old hometown in MD (NW of Bawlmr).  The BBF in the pic is #7.  Just cracked the C&K bourbon - first sip has a "different" flavor I'm not pegging at the moment (and probably won't with my lousy palate...) - not bad, or green, or raw, just "different".  

Resizer_16647542961401.thumb.jpeg.e1496b8dc3ec0e3e29ef44dbc9b31777.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 10/2/2022 at 8:07 PM, PowderKeg said:

and a BRT-02 WFS

I'll be curious to hear (well, read) your thoughts on that one.

I do like the Pure Kentucky.  I'd never heard of it before visiting the distillery.

Got 3 JMCB in Tampa area.  They dropped all over there.  Leukens has them at $250 each, still in inventory.  The various TW's had them at $170.  Some fast-moving friends who like a deal (all I had to text was "$250 vs $170") acted on them fast, the TW ones all disappeared in very short order.  Good friends to have.

JMCB Tampa.jpg

• I like it 5

34 minutes ago, beasled said:

I see crotch shots are still in fashion

Dude's first bourbon run ever.  And yet he instinctively got it right.  He's probably a natural!

• I like it 3

45 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Got another 18 today.

Yessir, sir!  🫡

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Felt so virtuous about passing on GTS 2018 for $1500.00 that I didn’t mind paying a bit more (and not too much more) than MSRP for three HH bib 7 yr which is rare here.  VOB 100, also rare here, was at MSRP so . . .

Felt so good I picked up  one 4R PS OESQ bottled May 2022. 10 yrs 4 months.  First 4R PS I’ve seen here in over a year.  Going to be a good Halloween and T’giving in my house.  Did I mention the EW red label 101 12 yr at a little more than distillery price?  Best one day purchase since well before Covid, and I won’t actively go shopping/hunting until next year.

Yeah, I’m bragging.  I’m just so happy that I had to.

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

9FCB49BB-F532-464A-B4F3-314CD3C22D59.thumb.jpeg.7c684d40676725ca5f788b34e5a0bf76.jpeg

Got another 18 today.

You Sir are a lucky man.. I would love a pour of that, the 12 yr is just about my personal fav

• I like it 1

After the KC18 post by FasterHorses  I almost don't even want to post this.   LOL

picked up at Kroger's today at state min pricing.   I have these at the Lake but not here at home...

bufros.jpg

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, CaptTim said:

After the KC18 post by FasterHorses  I almost don't even want to post this.   LOL

picked up at Kroger's today at state min pricing.   I have these at the Lake but not here at home...

bufros.jpg

THOSE are just fine.  No need to apologize or feel "off".  FWIW, while I was stashing a couple of HH BIB 7s in the basement this PM to avoid spousal recriminations (i.e., big word meaning wife has issues with the number of bottles I have stashed around the house), I found TWO basic BTs with a fair amount of dust on them.  I really have to spend more time checking out the bunker.:wacko:

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Dude's first bourbon run ever.  And yet he instinctively got it right.  He's probably a natural!

I didn't notice anything other than the bottle of whiskey until... 🤪  Kudos on a successful bourbon run!  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.