What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Seasoned Oak tasted so good I decided to make it a BT wheated kind of night.  Next up is the Weller single barrel.  I guess I just got lucky with my barrel because despite what other have experienced mine is excellent.  It's simply not in the same league as the EHT SW however.

20230128_192041.thumb.jpg.86624668df12507e3510187ad36ddb83.jpg

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 9

On 1/27/2023 at 5:41 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I am drinking a super sexy, top notch, multi-generational straight bourbon whiskey of high quality and reasonable price.

Fortunately for us, there are lots of options that meet this criteria.  But, the masterpiece of which I speak is OF100.

As you know, this is a favorite of mine!

• I like it 1

Side by side, WT for the win.  Thicker and sweeter.  More kick, more finish.  That said, the FR is very good in its own right.

IMG_0603.thumb.jpg.2cf66ae9e156fe17117e2199994d8294.jpg

• I like it 7

A little blind side by side to see what I really thought of Weller Full Proof. It wasn’t by much but I do prefer the flavor and finish of the FP. MM has a nice sweetness tho. Great bourbons purchased for a combined $110. 

91698D2A-E06D-4E84-B805-D7A8BD6E991B.jpeg

• I like it 10

6 minutes ago, MM818 said:

A little blind side by side to see what I really thought of Weller Full Proof. It wasn’t by much but I do prefer the flavor and finish of the FP. MM has a nice sweetness tho. Great bourbons purchased for a combined $110. 

91698D2A-E06D-4E84-B805-D7A8BD6E991B.jpeg

Great call doing a blind.  We all should do more of those before making judgements.

• I like it 5

Both sisters came over tonight. KC Rye Manhattans, then KC 12, followed by a local distillery's cask strength single barrel offering (Handen, from Cedarburg, WI).  I have very rarely added ice to my whiskey, but I found tonight that a 125 proofer can be a delight when allowed to mellow with a chunk of the homemade glacier. 

As for the KC 12, this is my first experience with it. I am indeed impressed. I hate to regurgitate this ubiquitous whiskey descriptor, but "smooth" is indeed the very first thing that came to mind.  I will buy again, provided the distribution tentacles favor my geographical region any time soon. 

• I like it 5

After climbing the Weller ladder tonight, I finally reached the pinnacle.

2017 WLW in the glass now.  This is an exquisite whiskey.

• I like it 12

SF @ PHI just started.  I have a glass and my Grandpa Weller 4-grain (OGD 114:WSR::2:3) close at hand and don't care who wins.  Maybe I'll make some popcorn at halftime.

• I like it 6

3 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

SF @ PHI just started.  I have a glass and my Grandpa Weller 4-grain (OGD 114:WSR::2:3) close at hand and don't care who wins.  Maybe I'll make some popcorn at halftime.

SWMBO already made popcorn.  And GW4G from the fridge sounds great - grabbing the Yeti now!  😋

• I like it 5

1 minute ago, markandrex said:

All this talk on Bookers got me thinking, Big Man Small Batch tonight it is!

All this Bookers talk may cause me to crack open one of the two dozen or so I have in the bunker.  HECK!  At my age, I probably could open one a month, and the stash would STILL outlast me.  I better get started!:rolleyes:  Next month for sure if I remember what I'm doing.:wacko:

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, Harry in WashDC said:

All this Bookers talk may cause me to crack open one of the two dozen or so I have in the bunker.  HECK!  At my age, I probably could open one a month, and the stash would STILL outlast me.  I better get started!:rolleyes:  Next month for sure if I remember what I'm doing.:wacko:

Your preaching to the choir brother but that is still worth an Amen!

• I like it 1

Big fan of this one!  I have a back up but am trying to make the original last.  It has however, been showing up all over the place recently…post holiday glut?

09A22FDC-2CD8-4C90-96B7-9579175EED7B.jpeg

• I like it 3

A buddy of mine texted me from my neighborhood bar last night and told me they had Rockhill Farms for $5 a pour. Ran over, and the two of us finished the bottle. 

• I like it 14

More Bookers this evening.  Bardstown Batch tonight.  Quite enjoyable for a recent offering.

• I like it 4

2022 PVW15 with a few select folx  - absolutely delish, as always!  😋

• I like it 7

Rough day at PT, HH  6 BiB for medicinal purposes.  The one tonight will be for enjoyment.😁

• I like it 5

6 hours ago, Mano said:

Workmate just got back from a business trip in Japan and brought in this to share:

20230201_115747.jpg

What did you think about that one? My wife brought a couple of them back from Japan  but we haven't got around to opening  one.

6 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

What did you think about that one? My wife brought a couple of them back from Japan  but we haven't got around to opening  one.

I enjoyed it. Very smooth, but the flavor much lighter than the FR SiB or SBS, probably because of the lower proof. I think I still prefer most of the SiB's and SBS. but it was neat to be able to sample something you can't buy here.

• I like it 3

I'm trying to avoid alcohol during the week, but ice storms tend to have the same effect as airports - time and days just lose their meanings.  (Ribs at 7am?  Yes please!)  In any event, the weather had me reaching for Boondocks Port finished for a change, as well as WRDO the last couple of nights.  Hopefully we start to thaw out today.

• I like it 5

I ended Dry January last night with two George Remus store picks, Remus VI, and a Knob Creek bourbon store pick.

• I like it 7

22 hours ago, Mano said:

Workmate just got back from a business trip in Japan and brought in this to share:

20230201_115747.jpg

I had a friend pick me up one of these a few years ago. I found it to be underwhelming to say the least and not something I'd ever try to obtain again. It's a cool bottle and fun story though.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.