What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

9 hours ago, dcbt said:

I'm trying to avoid alcohol during the week, but ice storms tend to have the same effect as airports - time and days just lose their meanings.  (Ribs at 7am?  Yes please!)  In any event, the weather had me reaching for Boondocks Port finished for a change, as well as WRDO the last couple of nights.  Hopefully we start to thaw out today.

I've been doing a moist January which means no alcohol during the week. It's actually mid Jan to mid Feb because I got a late start due to work travel. However if I had an ice storm day I'd be making an exception like you. 

• I like it 2

On 1/31/2023 at 8:34 PM, GeeTen said:

2022 PVW15 with a few select folx  - absolutely delish, as always!  😋

Were any of us among the select folx?  Happy for you.  Sad for us.

14 hours ago, dcbt said:

I'm trying to avoid alcohol during the week, but ice storms tend to have the same effect as airports - time and days just lose their meanings.  (Ribs at 7am?  Yes please!)  In any event, the weather had me reaching for Boondocks Port finished for a change, as well as WRDO the last couple of nights.  Hopefully we start to thaw out today.

Snow, ice, cold, extreme weather...are all excuses I use for drinking during the week.  😃

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, flahute said:

I've been doing a moist January which means no alcohol during the week. It's actually mid Jan to mid Feb because I got a late start due to work travel. However if I had an ice storm day I'd be making an exception like you. 

Exceptions mean start over unless they don't. 😜

32 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Exceptions mean start over unless they don't. 😜

Digging deep into the bylaws of moist January it stipulates no drinking on work days and drinking on off days so there's a loophole unless I log onto work from home. Hmmmmm........choices. "Yes boss, I was out shoveling and salting the walk all day".

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

Digging deep into the bylaws of most January it stipulates no drinking on work days and drinking on off days so there's a loophole unless I log onto work from home. Hmmmmm........choices. "Yes boss, I was out shoveling and salting the walk all day".

As we always say in soccer its about the "Spirit of the Game."  Sometimes infractions are trifling.  😜

• I like it 1

Had my brother over for dinner tonight.  He is just starting to explore bourbon.  Started him out with some good lower-proof stuff:  Elijah Craig SB, Larceny SB, Four Roses SiB, OF 86, and Tin Cup 10-yr.  He liked Elijah Craig the best.  Good choice.  I'm looking forward to getting him on some higher-proof stuff, them we can have some real fun.

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Were any of us among the select folx?  Happy for you.  Sad for us.

Come to Whiskey Wednesdays at Pappy's Place!  @Clueby & Mrs. Clueby know what I'm talkin' about.   😋

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

16 hours ago, Anwalt said:

How was it?

There's nothing extraordinary about it, but it suffices just fine.  There are so few readily available port finished bottles out there anymore.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, flahute said:

I've been doing a moist January which means no alcohol during the week.

Interesting, never heard that term before.  I'm trying to always stay dry Mon-Wed.  What would that be?  Perpetually semi-arid?...

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Starting Friday evening with a glass of Sam Houston 14.

Right behind you with a Sam Houstin 15, Massachusetts Barrel #2.  Yummo!   😋

• I like it 4

Dry January to me means, “NO OGB BIB.”  I held off to today.   Lots of other stuff passed down this fajt’s old pipe, but O G D wasn’t there.   Tonight, however, the drought ended.  OGD BIB (about 275 cc’d) got swallowed.  Tons of caramel, spice, subdued fruit, etc.  No wonder I’m addicted to this.

• I like it 5

KC 100 proof flight SBS tonight.

KC NAS from the short lived NAS period

KC 9 year

KC 12 year

Hmm, there might be something to this aging in barrels thing... 🤔

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

KC 100 proof flight SBS tonight.

KC NAS from the short lived NAS period

KC 9 year

KC 12 year

Hmm, there might be something to this aging in barrels thing... 🤔

🤔😁

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.