What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

41 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Been rewatching Justified.  ETL and WT featured prominently throughout.  Such a great show.  

17 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

... Gotta have a glass of bourbon in my hand every time.

Me too!

• I like it 1

44 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Been rewatching Justified.  ETL and WT featured prominently throughout.  Such a great show.  

A506707C-291E-45D8-896E-30537748FD16.jpeg

I agree 100% but, isn’t that a Boyd Crowder pour?

• I like it 3

Not watching Justified but I am enjoying my blend of 60% Eagle Rare/40% Benchmark Full Proof.

• I like it 2

Having a pour of EW 1783 in honor of FDU beating Purdue.   FDU used to play in my hometown before that campus closed.  Have alot of friends that went there.

• I like it 2

It's been a roller coaster of a week. What better way to wind it down than some magic from heaven hill. 

C9F071D7-5462-479B-8034-86F4ADAABEA0.jpeg

• I like it 9

3 hours ago, Double C's said:

not bourbon at the moment, but since it's St. Patty's I am having some redbreast 12. The next pour will be a bourbon though.

Redbreast 12 last night for me. Tonight, some 1792 FP over a large chunk of clear ice. 

• I like it 2

I've been on a road trip to Spring Training in Arizona with two of my brothers in law,  with stops in Las Vegas and Williams, AZ.   Something I've never done and always wanted to do.   Yesterday we saw the Angels crush the Royals , 12- 2,  on a perfect afternoon.   

Most of trip we've been drinking 804 and a handle of Jack,  but while in Williams on Wednesday we ate at the Grand Canyon Distillery and I got to enjoy both their straight bourbon and single malt.   The bourbon is wheated and aged between 2 and 5 years and quite respectable.   I'd drink this before Weller SR or McKenzie;  it has a sweet pecan taste that's balanced and held up both as a barstool sipper and paired with an excellent pulled pork sandwich.

I enjoyed speaking with the distiller and conveying my enthusiasm.  My only constructive criticism was the low 80 proof.  At, say, 92 proof it would maintain its balance and not overpower the delicate wheat sweetness.

Too bad my airline charges $30 to check a bag or I'd be bringing a bottle home.

Today it's Dodgers - White Sox under another blanket of blue.

20230317_124551.jpg

20230316_163051.jpg

20230317_153754.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 11

14 hours ago, Kepler said:

Me too!

That show started me on my journey!!  Or downfall!!

• I like it 3

Two appropriate pours just before the day ends.  I remember really liking the ‘18 a few years ago, and it still lives up to the memory!

The ‘21 is great as well, but I personally like the oak forwardness of the’18 a tad bit more.

DF023DFF-A07F-4A4C-9622-631541865C59.jpeg

6A0B5E3F-51BE-42D2-A9BB-2DD12A1C53C5.jpeg

• I like it 9

Having a pour of Rebel 100.  Passed this up many times and decided to give it a try after finding it on sale at the VA ABC.  I like it much better than Larceny but wheaters aren't usually my thing.  

20230321_161758.thumb.jpg.3df433f4f66a4a5814f96417190ddfdc.jpg

• I like it 5

EC18 with a friend.  A bit more than the usual weekday 2 oz after a stressful but productive Monday.  Or at least I think that a 40% of the bottle (it sips so easily) divided by two is > 2 oz.

"Oops, I did it again".

This one really is "just the right oak" for me.  Any more and it'd be bitter.  Of course it is a SiB, so we'll see what the others hold.

• I like it 2

On 3/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, markandrex said:

I agree 100% but, isn’t that a Boyd Crowder pour?

Fawwww fangers of Elma T Lee

• I like it 2

So my plan backfired spectacularly tonight. Watching the Blues hockey game tonight (an OT loss to the Red Wings 😪) Mrs. Clueby asked for a pour.  I poured her some craft/small distillery bourbon that I'm not crazy about and poured myself some KC120 store pick. She asked what she was drinking and complained that it wasn't good. I told her what it was. A few minutes later she gets up, pours the rest of her drink into my my KC120 and proceeds to pour herself something she does like...ER10.   Now...I didn't lie and tell her mine was the same, but I also didnt tell her mine was different. So I had to drink this abomination with a smile on my face. Lesson learned.

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 9

8 hours ago, JGriff said:

Fawwww fangers of Elma T Lee

FIFY.  🥴

7 hours ago, Clueby said:

A few minutes later she gets up, pours the rest of her drink into my my KC120 and proceeds to pour herself something she does like...ER10.

You got a Live Wire!  I know the feeling....

7 hours ago, Clueby said:

So I had to drink this abomination with a smile on my face. Lesson learned.

Survival instincts = survival.

• I like it 2

On 3/22/2023 at 5:17 AM, Clueby said:

So my plan backfired spectacularly tonight. Watching the Blues hockey game tonight (an OT loss to the Red Wings 😪) Mrs. Clueby asked for a pour.  I poured her some craft/small distillery bourbon that I'm not crazy about and poured myself some KC120 store pick. She asked what she was drinking and complained that it wasn't good. I told her what it was. A few minutes later she gets up, pours the rest of her drink into my my KC120 and proceeds to pour herself something she does like...ER10.   Now...I didn't lie and tell her mine was the same, but I also didnt tell her mine was different. So I had to drink this abomination with a smile on my face. Lesson learned.

:D

On 3/22/2023 at 12:17 AM, Clueby said:

As a die-hard Red Wings fan . . . sorry/not sorry :)  Although props to Blues for recognizing David Perron!

On topic - enjoying a nice pour of OGD 114 which is hitting all of the right notes.  That lovely slightly burnt corner brownie piece that @smokinjoe pointed out to me years ago (and now almost every sip of OGD 114 brings front and center) - just all around delicious.  Miss the former price point, but what bourbon couldn't that be said for these days?

• I like it 3

43 minutes ago, GaryT said:

As a die-hard Red Wings fan . . . sorry/not sorry :)  Although props to Blues for recognizing David Perron!

On topic - enjoying a nice pour of OGD 114 which is hitting all of the right notes.  That lovely slightly burnt corner brownie piece that @smokinjoe pointed out to me years ago (and now almost every sip of OGD 114 brings front and center) - just all around delicious.  Miss the former price point, but what bourbon couldn't that be said for these days?

Looks like the Blues are getting even (at least so far) tonight.

Around here OGD114 seems to be approximately the same price point around $24ish. I don't go back that far with it, though.

• I like it 1

Four Roses Single Barrel for dessert after a wonderful meal of braised beef short ribs at my favorite restaurant in Walnut Creek, Va De Vi.  Quite delicious!  Interestingly, the pour was the same price on the menu as Blanton's.  The choice was a no brainer...

four roses sib.jpg

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

Four Roses Single Barrel for dessert after a wonderful meal of braised beef short ribs at my favorite restaurant in Walnut Creek, Va De Vi.  Quite delicious!  Interestingly, the pour was the same price on the menu as Blanton's.  The choice was a no brainer...

four roses sib.jpg

Nice to have that kind of choice in restaurants! In Europe they may have old nr 7 and some choice in Scotch/Irish, but that's it..... Means I need to have the desert when I get back home!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.