What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's been awhile since I've had it.  Going to give it a few more tries to see if it's grown on me.  

Ez7.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

It's been awhile since I've had it.  Going to give it a few more tries to see if it's grown on me.  

Ez7.jpg

Was a regular buyer of this when it was in the $40-$45 range and enjoyed it quite a bit. Last one I picked up was $55, and that was the last. Now I see it for $80-$90 and walk right by. 

• I like it 2

First bottle pour of some OF 1920.  Work night so may be the only one (although keep stealing glances at an open Barrell Bourbon batch 034 . . . so maybe one more ;) )

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

A medicinal pour of Remus Repeal this afternoon.

This has become my lower proof pour since about Oct. It's just a nice pour!

• I like it 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:32 PM, JakeySnakes said:

Was a regular buyer of this when it was in the $40-$45 range and enjoyed it quite a bit. Last one I picked up was $55, and that was the last. Now I see it for $80-$90 and walk right by. 

Me too.  OE7 is solid but not worth what it's going for these days.  I've even seen it in a lottery lol. 

• I like it 2

I’m sticking with Remus post dinner,  but going with Repeal V.  

• I like it 3

Attended a tasting event last night hosted by West Coast Whiskey Club and sponsored by Bardstown Bourbon Company.  Three reps from Bardstown spoke about the offerings and we tasted both of the new Origin series, Fusion 7, Discovery 8, and the Collaborative Series with WVABarrel Co cherry oak barrels.  And had a nice steak dinner.

Bardstown-1.jpg

Bardstown-steak.jpg

• I like it 6

OF Statesman on a clear cube, while on the front patio after returning from an afternoon of NCAA hoops watching at the Battery.  What a finish for Furman!

Statesman really is one of my favorite bourbons, and holds up very nicely with ice.  

B0CDBF10-8053-41B2-B10C-21E20713F3BE.jpeg

• I like it 5

I'm watching some golf on TV this afternoon (the Valspar PGA event going on about 15 miles from my house; my wife and I have tickets for Sunday's round), and decided to whomp up some Old Fashioneds (one of our cocktail favorites).  I usually use one of my cheaper bourbons for these, especially EW 1783, but found (to my surprise!) that I didn't have enough of that to make drinks for both of us.  So, I rooted around a little in the cabinet to see what I could see.  I found a bottle of WTRB 116.8 that had only a couple of inches or so left in the bottle and thought "why not?".  So, I am here to tell you...wow!  What a great Old Fashioned!  I encourage you to try it.  This whiskey does a great job of powering through to assert its flavor while still letting the bitters do their thing.  High enough proof to provide some oomph, too.  I like it! 

• I like it 4

Watching the NCAA games and having a few pours.  Decided tonight would be a BIB night.  First up was J W Dant BIB.  Second in the glass was EW BIB and now I have some Early Times BIB.  They're all good but right now the edge goes to the Early Times.

• I like it 4

I have one OFBB 2011 left, as well as one 2012 and 2013. After finding those in consecutive years in the wild, I have not seen hide nor hair of any more.

Working the 2011 down tonight.

Pat

20230316_205310.jpg

• I like it 14

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

OF Statesman on a clear cube, while on the front patio after returning from an afternoon of NCAA hoops watching at the Battery.  What a finish for Furman!

Statesman really is one of my favorite bourbons, and holds up very nicely with ice.  

B0CDBF10-8053-41B2-B10C-21E20713F3BE.jpeg

I love that early 2000s OF logo glass. 👍 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

An oldie but a goodie.

20230316_200248.jpg

I've got one bottle of this left in the bunker and have been putting off opening it knowing I'll never see it again.  It's the one that has 'Caramel coloring added' on the back label, lol.  Turned out that label was intended for their Bourbon Cream that got put on the OE7 by mistake...

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

I found a bottle of WTRB 116.8 that had only a couple of inches or so left in the bottle and thought "why not?".  So, I am here to tell you...wow!  What a great Old Fashioned!

In my book great whiskey makes great cocktails.  

For me it was trying out some Ezra Brooks 99 while watching Penn St. vs Texas A&M.  Better than I expected.  Finished up with a last pour of JD SBBP.

55 minutes ago, ThomasGazelle said:

First time having a BBC product…love the bottle itself.

I like how your glass reflects the shape of the bottle.  Class!

Been rewatching Justified.  ETL and WT featured prominently throughout.  Such a great show.  

A506707C-291E-45D8-896E-30537748FD16.jpeg

• I like it 7

22 hours ago, Clueby said:

An oldie but a goodie.

20230316_200248.jpg

I have one or two of those still down in my bunker. It's a nice pour for the $.

23 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Been rewatching Justified.  ETL and WT featured prominently throughout.  Such a great show.  

I've binge-watched it twice.  Gotta have a glass of bourbon in my hand every time.

• I like it 2

not bourbon at the moment, but since it's St. Patty's I am having some redbreast 12. The next pour will be a bourbon though.

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, fosmith said:

I've got one bottle of this left in the bunker and have been putting off opening it knowing I'll never see it again.  It's the one that has 'Caramel coloring added' on the back label, lol.  Turned out that label was intended for their Bourbon Cream that got put on the OE7 by mistake...

That's funny.  Now I'll have to look at mine in the bunker to see if any of my labels say that.  Some of mine have the label design shown in Clueby's photo and some of mine have the label with the shiny bright gold trim.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.