What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some KC 12 in the glass for tonight.   More rain today , Like we need it

• I like it 2

I have been sticking with the proven, inexpensive pours for quite a while now. OGD BiB, WT 101, GD #12. I used to drink Ezra Brooks quite a bit but, I can't seem to find it anymore. Anytone know the reason it doesn't seem to be available in Ohio for the last 6 months?

Edited by ebo
  • I like it 6

1 hour ago, ebo said:

I have been sticking with the proven, inexpensive pours for quite a while now. OGD BiB, WT 101, GD #12. I used to drink Ezra Brooks quite a bit but, I can't seem to find it anymore. Anytone know the reason it doesn't seem to be available in Ohio for the last 6 months?

Meijer and Kroger stores around here seem to always have Ezra Brooks.

• I like it 3

Long day working outside on a green house kit (with a miss-cut piece which caused some consternation when I told my “supervisor” that I had to modify a piece of HER green house).  Then a two hour drive with fighting cats and a silent spouse.  All things are back to normal now.  SO, I’m relaxing while watching a rerun of TAXI. While sipping on my third two-ounce pour of OGD BIB.  Life is FAT.

• I like it 9

VOB 90 on a clear cube.  This is the best low budget Bourbon on the market.  And, that’s a hill I am willing to die on.  

• I like it 6

31 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

VOB 90 on a clear cube.  This is the best low budget Bourbon on the market.  And, that’s a hill I am willing to die on.  

I will join you with a VOB 100, cheers!

• I like it 3

Delta says I may have Woodford or Woodford.  So Woodford it is.  With a wee bottle or two stashed away....

• I like it 7

Had the very last pour from a bottle of EWSB Bottled in 2011 (distilled in '01).   It was also the very last of that particular barrel I was able to buy.   Not the very best EWSB Vintage I ever owned; but, close.   I'll miss it.

• I like it 7

Four Roses Small Batch Select as the dessert pour after Taco Night.  

• I like it 6

Does this count? Some Raspberry hot chocolate with Barton Chocolate Bourbon Ball and topped with WhipShots vodka infused whipped topping and some Girl Scout cookies for dessert. 

Yummmm!

• I like it 3

The regular Old Forester 100 has really been doing it for me lately.  Bourbon Zen here - no fear of missing out unicorns - just enjoying a great pour. 🥃😉

• I like it 6

On 3/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, markandrex said:

I will join you with a VOB 100, cheers!

Hip Hip Hooray to the VOB crowd. Excellent pour. 

• I like it 2

A wee Chattanooga distillery release single barrel straight bourbon #75 with a melanoidin malt component. Tobacco, dark chocolate...a different savory pour vs the sweeter mainline bourbons. I  was having Irish whiskey this month but needed a change-up as the style is IMO so polite and delicate, I find myself searching for FLAVOR!!, A sip of bourbon or rye sets things right. I seem to have a VERY American palate, when its working LOL!! which thankfully is becoming slightly more frequent. Slainte!!

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 4

Dropping proof some from the 2 we opened today.  Moderation. Yes, that's it.  Moderation.

ECBP A121.jpg

• I like it 5

Picked up an Old Charter Oak French Oak Barrel Aged today, and it’s my first pour of the weekend. Nice, interesting, whiskey.  First impression is very good.  Mouthfeel has a noteworthy lingering waxy coating.  

99751F2D-172F-4A6E-A77B-A7919EEEA865.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Picked up an Old Charter Oak French Oak Barrel Aged today

Got one on the trail last August.  Didn't know what was in front of me.  Some of the people on this group saved the day and were texting "Buy!  Buy now! NOW!".  I look forward to opening it and any further notes you may have.  Glad to read that you are liking it so far.

Will continue with ECBP tonight.

• I like it 1

We opened one of the Stagg SiB we picked up today., and WOW,FREAKING WOW!  I'm on record as not being a fan of the  Stagg 18, so my wife pretty much had to talk me into driving two hours to the drop. 

We did a tasting when we got home and to me the SiB is like a caramel, fruity bomb. It does not drink like a damn near hazmat, 138.6 prf. The label says it was barreled in January 2014, so I'm thinking it's at least 8 years old.

It is wonderful from start to finish. Definitely in front for my bourbon of the year.

To us batch 18 has the same sour(?) finish we don't like in EHT SB, so we are thrilled with the SiB.

You really cant tell in the pic, but the SiB is so much darker than the 18.

20230310_205210.jpg

Edited by Davesnothere
  • I like it 4

9 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

We opened one of the Stagg SiB we picked up today., and WOW,FREAKING WOW!  I'm on record as not being a fan of the  Stagg 18, so my wife pretty much had to talk me into driving two hours to the drop. 

We did a tasting when we got home and to me the SiB is like a caramel, fruity bomb. It does not drink like a damn near hazmat, 138.6 prf. The label says it was barreled in January 2014, so I'm thinking it's at least 8 years old.

It is wonderful from start to finish. Definitely in front for my bourbon of the year.

To us batch 18 has the same sour(?) finish we don't like in EHT SB, so we are thrilled with the SiB.

You really cant tell in the pic, but the SiB is so much darker than the 18.

20230310_205210.jpg

If you don't mind my asking.....how much did that set you back?

Enjoyed a nice neat pour from this bottle last night. Definitely got some woody notes from it! 

MM2021.jpg

• I like it 2

On 3/6/2023 at 10:44 PM, PaulO said:

Meijer and Kroger stores around here seem to always have Ezra Brooks.

I just found out today from my local store that Ezra Brooks has been discontinued. Has anyone heard this... or can confirm? As I said earlier, it has been 6 months since my store has had Ezra Brooks. According the manager of the store, only the 99 is available. If true, that's too bad. The 99 is harsh and astringent.

Edited by ebo
spelling
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.