What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

24 minutes ago, Double C's said:

Just got the kids in bed, now it's time for the wife and I to wrap their gifts. Figured this would help with that task.

20221223_205715.jpg

Got one of those left. Great pour. Merry Christmas!

• I like it 2

My Advent calendar sample was Barrel Dovetail, first pour of the night.  I wanted to continue with something less of a flavor bomb and less proofy so I poured a glass of EW 1783.  Took a sip and it was a little too tame, so I tossed a half-ounce or so of the Dovetail in the glass.  Very nice!

• I like it 4

15 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

My Advent calendar sample was Barrel Dovetail, first pour of the night.  I wanted to continue with something less of a flavor bomb and less proofy so I poured a glass of EW 1783.  Took a sip and it was a little too tame, so I tossed a half-ounce or so of the Dovetail in the glass.  Very nice!

That's what my Youngest gave me for Christmas last year. Definitely not a bourbon, but veeeeeeery flavorful. He done good!

49 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

That's what my Youngest gave me for Christmas last year. Definitely not a bourbon, but veeeeeeery flavorful. He done good!

Tons of butterscotch right? Its been a couple years

• I like it 1

Thursday evening, when the temperature dropped and the snow started, I wanted something out of the ordinary.  I decided to open a KCSB selected by Kroger Headquarters.  It turns out to be a great pick.

On the other hand, I tend to like any KCSB pick.  They're all good.

• I like it 5

12 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Got one of those left. Great pour. Merry Christmas!

I have one more left in the bunker as well. Been nursing this bottle for a while. It's a really good example of some quality MGP juice.   

I over did it a bit last night with pours from WTMK 17 year, Talisker 11 yr 2022 special release, and Glendronach Port Wood. The wife has been grumpy with me all morning regarding my snoring. :( she said I have to find a new place to sleep now. How do you old and experienced married guys handle this?

• I like it 4

Last night, after almost 4 weeks of no drinking due to recovering from foot surgery, I had a pour of FR Small Batch Select. My taste buds said 'thank you' and my liver said 'here we go again!'

• I like it 8

9 hours ago, mal00768 said:

I over did it a bit last night with pours from WTMK 17 year, Talisker 11 yr 2022 special release, and Glendronach Port Wood. The wife has been grumpy with me all morning regarding my snoring. :( she said I have to find a new place to sleep now. How do you old and experienced married guys handle this?

I tell her to go sleep on the couch.

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Last night, after almost 4 weeks of no drinking due to recovering from foot surgery, I had a pour of FR Small Batch Select. My taste buds said 'thank you' and my liver said 'here we go again!'

🤣

Welcome back!

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Have an extra room or 2 over at our house.  @Clueby and Mrs Clueby can atest to the comfort of the bed.  Have some bourbon in the bunker, too.  And my wife is used to me snoring after a few drams of heaven.   Just going to cost you a bottle of BTAC for the night of peaceful slumber . . . .  😊

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Have an extra room or 2 over at our house.  @Clueby and Mrs Clueby can atest to the comfort of the bed.  Have some bourbon in the bunker, too.  And my wife is used to me snoring after a few drams of heaven.   Just going to cost you a bottle of BTAC for the night of peaceful slumber . . . .  😊

We got away cheap, then!!  @mal00768 you can probably talk him down to a MM101. 😀

A cpap machine killed my snoring. 

• I like it 3

Merry Christmas SB!  Hope everyone who had to travel made it safely.  Some BA cocktails on tap for tonight's Christmas dinner. 

• I like it 4

On 12/24/2022 at 10:10 AM, mal00768 said:

Day drink…nap…go to bed at night sober = no snoring while the Mrs. is trying to sleep. For obvious reasons this is best tried  on the weekends. 

• I like it 4

Merry Christmas to You People.

Enjoying some day drinking, WTRB.  Dad's telling stories about his two aunts.  One was a WT girl, the other 4R.

• I like it 6

Old Fitzgerald BiB 15 year and George T. Stagg 2019, both excellent small pours. Still put some relatives out for the nap though. I've downshifted to coffee with bourbon cream.

• I like it 7

Merry Christmas to all.  A little Lot B for my Christmas pour followed by coffee with BT Bourbon Cream with dessert.

• I like it 4

Merry Christmas, SB. 

This is definitely bold. First time trying and will look forward to tasting blind later. 

3D02CA99-A59C-4C92-83CF-166AD380DCBF.jpeg

• I like it 7

KC 12 for me this evening.   Don't really need a special day for this.  I could pour this every night.  It's just that good to me.

Merry Christmas to all....

• I like it 6

3 minutes ago, CaptTim said:

KC 12 for me this evening.   Don't really need a special day for this.  I could pour this every night.  It's just that good to me.

Merry Christmas to all....

If I have one of these open, and I do more often than not, I actually do pour it every night. I agree with you how good this is.

• I like it 4

4 minutes ago, flahute said:

If I have one of these open, and I do more often than not, I actually do pour it every night. I agree with you how good this is.

I was lucky enough to have a mate of mine bring me a bottle of KC12 over to Europe when he came back from the Chicago marathon, so I have one that I very occasionally drink from. We can get the KC9 over here, and the Rye, but the KC12 is extremely hard to find it seems!

• I like it 3

8 minutes ago, Obree said:

I was lucky enough to have a mate of mine bring me a bottle of KC12 over to Europe when he came back from the Chicago marathon, so I have one that I very occasionally drink from. We can get the KC9 over here, and the Rye, but the KC12 is extremely hard to find it seems!

Ah! I didn't see that you live in NL. Shoot - sorry this isn't easy for you to get.

Where in the NL are you? I've been there twice and traveled around quite a bit. Lovely place.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.