What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter 2022-2023?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, flahute said:

Ah! I didn't see that you live in NL. Shoot - sorry this isn't easy for you to get.

Where in the NL are you? I've been there twice and traveled around quite a bit. Lovely place.

I live in the east, near Arnhem, close to the German border. That helps a bit, as some German stores have a nice collection. Downside is they do not ship to NL so I need to drive there to get it. Or have friends that visit the US pick up a bottle for me..... Managed to build up a 100+ bottle collection using various routes, like auctions, the German option, getting through old inventory from liquor stores (they sometimes have no clue what they have collecting dust on their shelves) and using friends visiting US.

• I like it 6

Late afternoon pour of WLW 2013 following Christmas Dinner.  Fell asleep watching the Broncos-Rams game.  Now following up with a decent pour of ECBP C922 while playing games with the family. 

• I like it 6

26 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Got a great glass for Christmas from my aunt & uncle, alas I’m not drinking the Good S**t tonight 

1CFBBD9A-81BE-4E41-AFA5-9FD93F6EDE08.jpeg

We know you already drink the Good S*$t.  Hopefully, they gave you the glass on the right just to confirm.  Because seriously, I am not so certain the plastic cup on the left is all that special.  If it was, I am sorry and would just say its the thought that counts.  🤣

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Obree said:

I live in the east, near Arnhem, close to the German border. That helps a bit, as some German stores have a nice collection. Downside is they do not ship to NL so I need to drive there to get it. Or have friends that visit the US pick up a bottle for me..... Managed to build up a 100+ bottle collection using various routes, like auctions, the German option, getting through old inventory from liquor stores (they sometimes have no clue what they have collecting dust on their shelves) and using friends visiting US.

I've actually been to Arnhem believe it or not. I remember seeing bullet scars on the trees from WW2 (if I recall correctly).

Nice work building your collection.

• I like it 2

Had a small pour of OF 1920...I just cracked this bottle and haven't had this for a long time...I forgot how much I  love this stuff!

• I like it 7

Little Whammie, who turns 3 in February, had a wonderful Christmas. We hosted my family yesterday and the in-laws today. Great food, great company, and an all around great time. 

I started tonight with an ER10 PS pour, and now it's W12.

Merry Christmas, SBers! 

140A61B6-2B09-4BBD-8AF0-6E25C504A934.jpeg

• I like it 9

Started off the day with BT bourbon cream in my coffee, then headed to the in-laws where it was followed up by some bowman, a boulevard barrel aged stout, a whiskey sour Christmas cocktail, and some MMPS to cap off the night. Just home as the snown started to fall. I also received a bottle of woodford reserve as a gift.

20221225_130140.jpg

• I like it 5

Just cracked and poured  two fingers of Col EHT small batch. I remember why I love this stuff. Merry Christmas to all. 

• I like it 5

16 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Merry Christmas!

20221225_204324.jpg

I assume that’s MGP? A local has a Smooth Ambler 5 year old MGP pick that’s delicious priced at $42. I’ll get my 3rd bottle of it soon. 

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I assume that’s MGP? A local has a Smooth Ambler 5 year old MGP pick that’s delicious priced at $42. I’ll get my 3rd bottle of it soon. 

Yup!

I don't blame you.  I have a couple SAOS picks and they're excellent.

• I like it 3

Having some "semi-dusty" WSR.   It still strikes me how well the nose, and to a slightly-lesser-but-still-significant extent the flavors, hold up against much better-reputed Bourbons of it's day... and even of today.   I'm enjoying it quite well.

• I like it 5

OGD BiB in the glass, and the decanter on the right.

I'm posting more than often in this thread the  "no alcohol during the week rule" is suspended for the rest of the year 🤣

20221226_180921.jpg

• I like it 5

56 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

OGD BiB in the glass, and the decanter on the right.

I'm posting more than often in this thread the  "no alcohol during the week rule" is suspended for the rest of the year 🤣

20221226_180921.jpg

The Commanders decanter kind of reflects the story of their season.  Half full, half empty.  Now, it were a Colts decanter, it would be empty with broken by now. 😀😀😀

I wasn't going to drink tonight but since the Colts are playing I decided I better.  ECBP C922.  Closing out a bottle.  Depending on how the game goes I may not need a glass for my bottle killing pour.  I may just crash it straight from the bottle.  

JK, I will slowly sip and contemplate every last remaining drop of the bottle, while contemplating every last dropped pass, interception, and fumble by the Colts.

• I like it 5

Didn’t waste anytime and opened this last night.  Clearly good, little to no heat for its 130 proof.  Not as complex as I remember my last bottle.  I’ll need to revisit.

A8AF8605-861E-4591-BA17-36BDDC9B3798.jpeg

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Didn’t waste anytime and opened this last night.  Clearly good, little to no heat for its 130 proof.  Not as complex as I remember my last bottle.  I’ll need to revisit.

A8AF8605-861E-4591-BA17-36BDDC9B3798.jpeg

How are those cookies for cleaning the palate?   My wife did a little baking this year and with all the cold temps,  most are still here, tempting me......

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

The Commanders decanter kind of reflects the story of their season.  Half full, half empty.  Now, it were a Colts decanter, it would be empty with broken by now. 😀😀😀

I wasn't going to drink tonight but since the Colts are playing I decided I better.  ECBP C922.  Closing out a bottle.  Depending on how the game goes I may not need a glass for my bottle killing pour.  I may just crash it straight from the bottle.  

JK, I will slowly sip and contemplate every last remaining drop of the bottle, while contemplating every last dropped pass, interception, and fumble by the Colts.

Amen!

• I like it 1

Like many on the board, (I think),  sometimes I have trouble figuring out what to drink.  On one than more occasion,  I've found myself looking at bottles,  but not figuring out what I want to drink.

Mrs. Skinsfan has made the task easier by slapping Christmas sweaters, mistletoe,  whatever,  that we've gotten over the years, (from MM), on various bottles on top of the dry bar.

The idea is to have a pour,(but only from bottles that she's decorated), then remove the aforementioned decoration after each pour.

First up?  Old Elk

It's my little way to help her take down the Christmas decorations. 😉😅

20221226_224805.jpg

20221226_224328.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, G L Tirebiter said:

How are those cookies for cleaning the palate?   My wife did a little baking this year and with all the cold temps,  most are still here, tempting me......

You’re much stronger than me.  These where delicious and long gone.

19 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Like many on the board, (I think),  sometimes I have trouble figuring out what to drink.  On one than more occasion,  I've found myself looking at bottles,  but not figuring out what I want to drink.

Mrs. Skinsfan has made the task easier by slapping Christmas sweaters, mistletoe,  whatever,  that we've gotten over the years, (from MM), on various bottles on top of the dry bar.

The idea is to have a pour,(but only from bottles that she's decorated), then remove the aforementioned decoration after each pour.

First up?  Old Elk

It's my little way to help her take down the Christmas decorations. 😉😅

20221226_224805.jpg

20221226_224328.jpg

Love it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.