What Bourbon Did You Purchase Winter 2023?

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/9/2023 at 6:44 PM, Kepler said:

Better throw in an apple fritter too!

Pro Tip right there!  Haha

Cheers

I recently picked up the BBC Origin series BiB 6 yr wheater and a variety of Russell's Reserve SiB local store picks.

I've already tasted the BBC and it's surprisingly good with its strong point being the lush mouthfeel.  It's still a bit young/grain forward but the doughy wheat grain flavor is still quite enjoyable.  I'm guessing this stuff at 8 or 10 years might be incredible.

I opened one of the RRSiB picks and this one from warehouse F is epic.  Great purchase.

• I like it 6

Picked up a Hidden Barn batch 1 (Neeley) that Jackie Zykan signed for me. Also a replacement OFBP replacement of a really good pick.

20230211_235535.jpg

20230211_235542.jpg

• I like it 6

My manager at my LS called and told me he got a six pack of EC C922, told him to put 2 aside for me. "No Problem" Will grab tonight.  SCORE!!!  Ho Ho Ho, now I will have 5!! Anwalt, are you keeping up?? 

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, Clueby said:

Picked up a Hidden Barn batch 1 (Neeley) that Jackie Zykan signed for me. Also a replacement OFBP replacement of a really good pick.

20230211_235542.jpg

She “heard it’s pretty good”

That sounds somewhat like the answer I used to give certain patients when they asked if their certain specific doctor was good. :o

Maybe you should send her a sample…

Edited by 0895

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Mrs. Clueby brought me a Valentine's Day present home. ❤️

20230214_225816.jpg

That must be true love!

11 hours ago, markandrex said:

A care package from my nephew.  Japan only.  

802A1000-53AC-4479-89A3-A0D0E8A2F819.jpeg

Is this available through the tax free airport stores in Asia, or really just Japan?

6 hours ago, Obree said:

Is this available through the tax free airport stores in Asia, or really just Japan?

I’m not certain, he said he picked it up in Japan in the airport.

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Thanks, will try to find out, have my brother-in-law in Asia currently, returning in a week or so, will give him a nice hunting quest!

• I like it 1

58 minutes ago, markandrex said:

My cousin is in Japan right now on business, urgent mule request was sent. We'll see...

• I like it 4

was running low on my current bottle of BTBC, so I ran out to the one place I can sometimes find it at. Got the last one on the shelf and sampled their Penelope picks. Never tried this brand before and was happy enough from the sample to fork over the $ to grab a bottle of the Architect. 

20230212_215536.jpg

• I like it 3

30 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

My cousin is in Japan right now on business, urgent mule request was sent. We'll see...

Blessed are the Mules.

• I like it 7

6 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Blessed are the Mules.

I’m getting a call at 12 midnight with the airport selections

• I like it 6

15 hours ago, Double C's said:

was running low on my current bottle of BTBC, so I ran out to the one place I can sometimes find it at. Got the last one on the shelf and sampled their Penelope picks. Never tried this brand before and was happy enough from the sample to fork over the $ to grab a bottle of the Architect. 

20230212_215536.jpg

Nice, heard good things about the Penelope Architect, would love to try it!

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, jvd99 said:

I’ve got a bottle on the way

A9951DA8-36C0-4CE6-BC61-17F9F592255C.jpeg

Is it the age statement that makes these special bottles?

Edited by Skinsfan1311

12 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Is it the age statement that makes these special bottles?

Yes.  The regular WT 101 contains 6-8 year juice.  These are 8 minimum.

• I like it 2

Just now, markandrex said:

Yes.  The regular WT 101 contains 6-8 year juice.  These are 8 minimum.

I kinda/sorta thought that.   I have an unopened, Austin Nichols bottle, with the 8 year age statement.    Unfortunately, it's a miniature.   😑   I think that I've had it for 30 years.....

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I kinda/sorta thought that.   I have an unopened, Austin Nichols bottle, with the 8 year age statement.    Unfortunately, it's a miniature.   😑   I think that I've had it for 30 years.....

Age statement came off in the U.S. around 1991-1992 if I remember correctly. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Nothing special about the Japan-only age stated 8 year WT, it’s just a neat novelty bottle for the bunker that I just so happened to have an opportunity for my cousin to pick up. A while back he got me a Four Roses Super Premium from Japan. Another neat novelty bottle is MM with the temporarily reduced ABV. I like keeping those unopened because they’re fun to own and talk about with any guests that are interested. 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.