What Bourbon Did You Purchase Winter 2023?

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, JakeySnakes said:

Picked up an Early Times BIB yesterday on my way home from work. Opened, and had a pour in the evening. This is the one and only store near me that carries it consistently, and whenever it comes in, I consistently buy it.

Heard a lot of good things about that one, seems hard to beat in terms of value for money!

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Obree said:

Was over in Ireland for work this week. While checking some local stores online I saw a store that (at least online) appeared to have a EHT SB. Got a local colleague to drive me into Dublin to pick it up, and of course when we got into the store, no EHT SB..... We were about to leave when I saw some other bourbons on a shelf quite high up (they are obviously more into Irish and Scotch, bourbon is not a big thing there. tucked away in a corner I saw a nice WT RB batch WT03RB 108.2 proof that likely has been collecting dust on that shelf for between 10-20 years. Told the owner of the place I was interested and wanted to see it, so the pour old guy went into the back to get a ladder and he climbed up to get it for me. Checked it and told him I would take it, had another look at the shelf and spotted another bottle right in the back! Wanted that one as well, so had to chase the old guy up to the ladder again......

Image3.jpeg

WT is my favorite distillery, this is a fanttastic find

• I like it 1

Per the pass thread, picked up the following (not all bourbon):

Calumet Farm 15y (heard mixed reviews but excited to try 15yo Barton, has anyone else tried this?)

WTRB Rye

1.75L of Doorlys 5yr for cocktails 

• I like it 8

8 hours ago, Goose1023 said:

IMG_4157.thumb.jpeg.8d01e6ede28be233d6ad489dfd189b88.jpeg

Right place, right time this morning.  All at MSRP.  Thanks NC ABC.

Pretty solid! Congratulations on great timing!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Per the pass thread, picked up the following (not all bourbon):

Calumet Farm 15y (heard mixed reviews but excited to try 15yo Barton, has anyone else tried this?)

WTRB Rye

1.75L of Doorlys 5yr for cocktails 

You solicited and then took advice.  Kudos!  Folks in the forum won't steer you wrong.  They know their whiskey.  They will just encourage purchases to make you poor.

Seriously, good pickups. 

• I like it 3

On 1/25/2023 at 7:57 AM, berto said:

Single barrel barrel proof Jack from a group I’m in.  First Jack of any kind since a very rough night almost 30 years ago.  

I have a JD SiB BP store pick from Cask on College.  Haven't cracked it yet.  My very rough night with Jack was 50 years ago  when my best friend/roommate--who worked at Cask when it was called College Ave Liquor--gave me my first taste of alcohol when I was just 18.  Hadn't drank it since til trying their regular SiB about a year or two ago. 

Next time I am up in Berkeley I'll bring a sample of mine and we can get together and compare. 

• I like it 2

Yesterday was a good day on the hunt. Got 3 different FRSB for me and a fellow SBer and my boss. Not pictured, I got a bottle of EC Toasted for my boss and 2 bottles of OF Sig 100 as well. Love helping others enjoy and acquire great bourbon! Now just waiting to ECBP A123 to drop in the state and I will be all set for the next few months. 

IMG_3351.jpg

Edited by elmossle
  • I like it 9

8 minutes ago, RT Fan said:

A Christmas gift from my nephew and his wife, they are fast moving up the hit parade.

CCF5EA9A-3A7C-430E-91C6-F1ACA1D12588.jpeg

Years ago, this was one of my favorite bourbons.  A bit of a crapshoot on flavor profile, probably due to inconsistent sourcing.  But, about every other one had a very distinctive flavor that like no other bourbon.  Almost, like an herbal note that rode along the side of the classic lines.  Is this now Willett distilled, or sourced?  It’s been a couple years since I’ve picked one up.  

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Next time I am up in Berkeley I'll bring a sample of mine and we can get together and compare. 

I've got a JD SiB BP K&L pick that I'll bring if you want to make it a three way... 

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

I've got a JD SiB BP K&L pick that I'll bring if you want to make it a three way... 

I guess a three way is ok if all three bottles are SINGLE barrels. 😜

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

Absolutely, Fred.

5 hours ago, RT Fan said:

@smokinjoe  it says ‘Distilled, Aged and Bottled At Willett”. Rolling in at 114+ proof. 

I had an Old Bardstown not too long ago that was Willett distilled and didn’t care for it.  But, since NM has a good place in my heart, I will give it a try.  Regardless, cheers to a nice thoughtful gift you received!  

23 hours ago, IamMatt said:

ECBP C922 Costco.gif

Is that a case of barrel proof?  Hard to tell by the photo but my squinting eyes seem to make out the BP letters.  If so, great score.  I hope it's a good batch.   I'm not in tune with recent batches of ECBP because I have a back stock of previous releases.

• I like it 3

Kinda embarrassed to say but yes, it's a case of C922.  Hard to find ECBP when it it not "limit 1" and hard to find it for such a great price (under $60) so my willpower went out the window.

• I like it 8

14 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

Kinda embarrassed to say but yes, it's a case of C922.  Hard to find ECBP when it it not "limit 1" and hard to find it for such a great price (under $60) so my willpower went out the window.

Nice!  At that price nothing wrong with your reasoning!  I once bought a case of ECBP.  But back then cases were 3 bottles per.  I don't regret it one bit now.  And I believe you won't either one day.  Cheers 🥃

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I had an Old Bardstown not too long ago that was Willett distilled and didn’t care for it.  But, since NM has a good place in my heart, I will give it a try.  Regardless, cheers to a nice thoughtful gift you received!  

It's all Willett distilled now and it's not bad. It won't remind you of those classic ones you mentioned up thread but it's very drinkable. 

All of the KBD products are now fully Willett distillate. Britt Kulsveen came through Seattle in April last year and was pouring all of the KBD brands. I enjoyed them all and was surprised that Rowan's Creek was my favorite closely followed by Noah's. As you know my complaint about Willett distillate is the distinct red hot cinnamon flavor. They are doing a good job of muting that with the blending of these KBD brands. 

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, flahute said:

It's all Willett distilled now and it's not bad. It won't remind you of those classic ones you mentioned up thread but it's very drinkable. 

All of the KBD products are now fully Willett distillate. Britt Kulsveen came through Seattle in April last year and was pouring all of the KBD brands. I enjoyed them all and was surprised that Rowan's Creek was my favorite closely followed by Noah's. As you know my complaint about Willett distillate is the distinct red hot cinnamon flavor. They are doing a good job of muting that with the blending of these KBD brands. 

Good to hear.  So have they finally gotten rid of the wet cardboard flavor?  🙂

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Good to hear.  So have they finally gotten rid of the wet cardboard flavor?  🙂

Oh yes - the wet cardboard is no longer there. That was a big complaint of mine in the later days of the sourced product.

• I like it 2

My son and I hiked Brigantine beach today,  and on the way home stopped at Ocean Beverage for a look-see.   The Clyde Mays Special Reserve was being closed out and reduced by 20 bucks,  so why not?   It's 6 year straight MGP (no apples),   apparently with 30% rye in the mashbill, at 110 proof.   It's hitting the spot on a pleasant starry night.

20230128_232218.jpg

• I like it 5

10 hours ago, IamMatt said:

I, for one, applaud your restraint.  Those are good and that price is pretty darned hard to beat.

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, IamMatt said:

They still charging sales tax in Kalifornia?  Luckily, we still don't have to pay sales tax on whiskey, wine or beer here in Taxachusetts (but just on almost everything else).  Still a nice catch.  🤑

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.