What Bourbon Are you Drinking Summer 2023?

mbroo5880i

4 hours ago, Double C's said:

had a pour of Copper Dome wheat whiskey last night.

Tried a bottle of that recently and thought it was pretty tasty!

On 9/11/2023 at 8:12 AM, Anwalt said:

I loved the more modern incarnation. Best $50 spent on booze, ever, when available at that price.

I missed the second part of your post.  I have not tried the new WT12 yet but I have heard great things.  At the price you spent, I can imagine that it's a real world beater.  Great price!  Cheers sir. 🥃

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thursday Night Football is a great excuse to drink during the week😁

20230914_211531.jpg

Excuses, excuses.  Equilibrium...bottle to glass is inequal...you might as well kill the bottle to make the universe whole again. 😜 

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Excuses, excuses.  Equilibrium...bottle to glass is inequal...you might as well kill the bottle to make the universe whole again. 😜 

That was the plan, but was craving some rye, so decided to kill this one instead😉

20230914_215049.jpg

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That was the plan, but was craving some rye, so decided to kill this one instead😉

20230914_215049.jpg

Go for the double kill!  C'mon, you can do it.

• I like it 1

I am working on a bottle kill.  I don't to but I am a very impressionable young man.  No work tomorrow.  I might get to sleep in until 7:30 am when the dogs claw the door to get out to poop.  Their consistency on crapping is legendary.  

One of them ate a rather large yard critter tonight...vole or bird?  Dunno.  She ran when I walk out to see what she had.  It was flopping in her mouth as she ran.  Chomp, chomp, swallow and it was gone.  This always leads to middle of the night craps or puke.  Time will tell.  Hopefully, no bones will be visible in the final product. 

KC9.  Need to check on bottle volume to determine how to proceed.

• I like it 5

Just now, Skinsfan1311 said:

Damn you!

20230914_224704.jpg

You curse me, yet you know that it had to happen sooner than later.  Might as well end that bottle's misery.  No bottle wants to sit on the shelf almost empty.  It makes it feel unloved.  LIke a horse that breaks its leg, it is best to put it out of its misery.  You were compassionate tonight, my friend.  😃

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

You curse me, yet you know that it had to happen sooner than later.  Might as well end that bottle's misery.  No bottle wants to sit on the shelf almost empty.  It makes it feel unloved.  LIke a horse that breaks its leg, it is best to put it out of its misery.  You were compassionate tonight, my friend.  😃

Agreed.

It's for the best...

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am working on a bottle kill.  I don't to but I am a very impressionable young man.  No work tomorrow.  I might get to sleep in until 7:30 am when the dogs claw the door to get out to poop.  Their consistency on crapping is legendary.  

One of them ate a rather large yard critter tonight...vole or bird?  Dunno.  She ran when I walk out to see what she had.  It was flopping in her mouth as she ran.  Chomp, chomp, swallow and it was gone.  This always leads to middle of the night craps or puke.  Time will tell.  Hopefully, no bones will be visible in the final product. 

KC9.  Need to check on bottle volume to determine how to proceed.

Thanks for the visual imagery mbroo.  🐕💩

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, Kepler said:

Thanks for the visual imagery mbroo.  🐕💩

At least his dogs claw to go outdoors, could be worse...

• I like it 4

This is delicious!  Ezra Brooks Cask Strength - a K&L store pick and really rich and spicy.  It doesn't drink like 120 proof.  I was passing on this for $50 but when it went on clearance for $28 I had to get at least one to try it and am glad I did. 

But I don't understand how they can get away with labeling it cask strength.  All of these (and its Rebel counterpart) are proofed down to 120

ezra brooks cask strength.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

This is delicious!  Ezra Brooks Cask Strength - a K&L store pick and really rich and spicy.  It doesn't drink like 120 proof.  I was passing on this for $50 but when it went on clearance for $28 I had to get at least one to try it and am glad I did. 

But I don't understand how they can get away with labeling it cask strength.  All of these (and its Rebel counterpart) are proofed down to 120

ezra brooks cask strength.jpg

It's the thought that counts, I guess...😜

I've had a couple of these and much to my surprise, thought 1A-very good, 2A - excellent! Without the hype I wondered if I was supposed to enjoy them as much as I did...

Smooth Ambler in the glass listening to David Allan Coe, GnR, Waylon, Creedence and Oliver Anthony music. Long week and just trying to live and let live. 

• I like it 3

On 9/14/2023 at 8:48 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

MM 46 CS in the glass....

20230914_204315.jpg

Awesome glass!  MM 46 CS is always a treat.  I actually prefer the standard MM 46 CS over the various private selections and stave variations.

• I like it 1