What Bourbon Are you Drinking Summer 2023?

mbroo5880i

20 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Just added a 1st-time, very affordable pour to the collection. I must say, I'm impressed; "VOB 100" in the glass...

I love the VOB 100.

On our Kentucky trips, we always snag a bottle and it serves as our "hotel room" pours.   The first time I tried it, we couldn't quite finish it, so I sealed the lid with duct tape, stuck it in our bag of dirty clothes, stuck it in a suitcase, and flew it home.  I couldn't bear to get rid of it.

I wish we could find it around here.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I love the VOB 100.

On our Kentucky trips, we always snag a bottle and it serves as our "hotel room" pours.   The first time I tried it, we couldn't quite finish it, so I sealed the lid with duct tape, stuck it in our bag of dirty clothes, stuck it in a suitcase, and flew it home.  I couldn't bear to get rid of it.

I wish we could find it around here.

Try the 90 proof if available around you.  My favorite very cheap bottle.  It’s solid.  I buy it by the family size.  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Try the 90 proof if available around you.  My favorite very cheap bottle.  It’s solid.  I buy it by the family size.  

Thanks and agreed.   

In the 90 proof range, for cheap whiskey, I like the AA 10 Star.   That being said, if I saw them both on the shelf, I'd reach for the VOB 90

4 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thanks and agreed.   

In the 90 proof range, for cheap whiskey, I like the AA 10 Star.   That being said, if I saw them both on the shelf, I'd reach for the VOB 90

🙌

Bought two (2) OGD114s in Collinsville, IL last week (yeah at Dean's Liquors - I even got the hat!) to refill my Hibiki decanter of GW4G.  Had several pours of the new blend last night just to make sure it was up to snuff.   🥰

Was still feeling the effects of my American Airlines SNAFUs on Sunday that resulted in my return home on Monday.   Now I remember why I HATE American Airlines!!!!  🤬

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Bought two (2) OGD114s in Collinsville, IL last week (yeah at Dean's Liquors - I even got the hat!) to refill my Hibiki decanter of GW4G.  Had several pours of the new blend last night just to make sure it was up to snuff.   🥰

Was still feeling the effects of my American Airlines SNAFUs on Sunday that resulted in my return home on Monday.   Now I remember why I HATE American Airlines!!!!  🤬

Collinsville? WTF? Did you see the Brooks Catsup bottle? 😁  Back in the day when I coached high school bowling, the Boys State High School Bowling Tournament was held at St. Clair Bowl. It was in Fairview Heights which is just south of Collinsville. 

IMG_4117.jpeg

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Loving the OGD114 plug, but keeping things bourbon-thread related; was drinking Baker's on Monday while listening to The Wife & D-I-L bashing American Airlines. My bourbon was good but AA was taking a kick-while-down from the girls...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

WT101 on the rocks.

IMG_0968.jpeg

Sorry for digressing but a fellow co-worker shared a story from a recent company conference call.  One of the participants shared a picture of some wild turkey's on rocks outside his office.  We have a lot of wild turkeys in Indiana.  He said there were wild turkeys on the rocks.  I said...excuse me for my humor...you saw wild turkeys getting off their rocks? 😃

Hey, I am drinking New Riff.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Sorry for digressing but a fellow co-worker shared a story from a recent company conference call.  One of the participants shared a picture of some wild turkey's on rocks outside his office.  We have a lot of wild turkeys in Indiana.  He said there were wild turkeys on the rocks.  I said...excuse me for my humor...you saw wild turkeys getting off their rocks? 😃

Hey, I am drinking New Riff.

Hmmmmm. 🤔 Look familiar? 😆

IMG_4121.thumb.jpeg.6cdab4eda77b024e8f1a91c32d2b88fa.jpeg

• I like it 6

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Collinsville? WTF? Did you see the Brooks Catsup bottle? 😁  Back in the day when I coached high school bowling, the Boys State High School Bowling Tournament was held at St. Clair Bowl. It was in Fairview Heights which is just south of Collinsville. 

IMG_4117.jpeg

Didn't have a lot of free time last weekend to look for the "World's Largest Catsup Bottle", but maybe next time I'm in the neighborhood . . . . .   🤣

• I like it 1

Cut the grass and going to polish this off before I jump into the pool for awhile.  

IMG_0971.jpeg

• I like it 5

What Bourbon Are you Drinking Summer 2023?

Well...nothing at all since June. My long wait is ending tomorrow at exactly it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Going to the lake with friends for a two day party, where we're all going to reenacting Animal House. :) Taking my buddy a 1.5 of ER, BT and Blanton's. (Yes Blanton's 750). I'll bring a ETL and 17' GTS for sipping purposes. If I could imagine 1975 again this is what it would look like. Party on Garth.

• I like it 4

20230727_182517.thumb.jpg.6e1e3361c7a82186fba75797b12ba1b9.jpg

$50-55 is too much for a mixer, but I found this bourbon's true calling.  I'm torn about the BiB as a sipper (it's basically an odd experimental mashbill) but man it absolutely sings in an old fashioned.  If you're looking for a high end cocktail this Spring 2017 CW BiB delivers the goods in spades.  Keep in mind each release of their BiB is different so YMMV.

• I like it 3

On 7/25/2023 at 8:40 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thanks and agreed.   

VA ABC carries the VOB 100, although it can be hard to find.

18 minutes ago, Jazz June said:

VA ABC carries the VOB 100, although it can be hard to find.

Thanks!

Around here, (Baltimore Metro area), there are a couple of places that I've seen that carry it, but I've never actually seen one on the shelf.  The VOB 90 is readily available

My palate must be reverse broken!!!

Started with a VOB100 & moved onto a HMK10. A bit astonished at the similarity; growth for sure but quite similar in a good way...

• I like it 1

KC12.  One pour down.  Probably another just because it is Friday.

• I like it 2

I made a fresh batch of ice today, so I figured I'd crack open this bottle of ECBP A123 and pour it over a large cube. 

IMG_4329.jpeg

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 3

Started the evening with som W12 and following up now with some WA.

• I like it 4

Watching the beautiful Technicolor weather radar and savoring a bit of Pikesville.  I know it's rye, but it drinks like a bourbon to me.

• I like it 4

BT is hitting the spot tonight.

I forgot to post about Wednesday, so here it goes. There was some nice surprises at bourbon and cigar night. Things were kinda up in the air to start because only me and @JerseyDon were gonna be there. However, a couple of old bowling buddies stopped by. These two bowled with me, Don and @Vosgar. A very nice surprise. A couple of newer acquaintances also showed up. We started with a beer or two, then graduated to bourbon. Pours enjoyed were Jefferson’s. (The Legion has too much, so it’s on special. We’re trying to help the Legion get rid of it. 🙃)  Samples brought and shared were Magnus Cigar Blend. Not sure which batch, but it was great. Nice job as always  @WhiskeyBlender. Last but certainly not least was a sample from a tax stamped liter of Old Fitz BIB. It was great too. Another good Wednesday. 😎

• I like it 4

Second pour of the night was a second visit to the Early Times BIB. I like this as an option for a freezer bottle.  Very sweet and not complicated. 

• I like it 1