What Bourbon Are you Drinking Summer 2023?

mbroo5880i

The get togethers are too few and far between, but always worth it.  It's just incredible to spend time with great people and great bourbon.  We really need that 12 and SiB to complete the color wheel for next time though.

Image.thumb.jpeg.e12cd1ad92a38f040ca743f6a47ad868.jpeg

• I like it 6

I thought this Old Charter Old No. 8 might work well as my freezer bourbon, and I am not disappointed.  Brings the corn sweetness forward, and makes it like some sort of bourbon freezer pop.  Nice on a hot afternoon, here Down South.  

79D91CD1-D9CE-431D-8285-F6F02EAE45D1.jpeg

93C82DED-BF04-4F07-A0D4-6B80A31C2BAF.jpeg

• I like it 7

Still Austin Cask Strength on a big cube of clear ice.  Big ice cubes are getting a workout in the Kepler household in this hot summer.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I thought this Old Charter Old No. 8 might work well as my freezer bourbon, and I am not disappointed.  Brings the corn sweetness forward, and makes it like some sort of bourbon freezer pop.  Nice on a hot afternoon, here Down South.  

79D91CD1-D9CE-431D-8285-F6F02EAE45D1.jpeg

93C82DED-BF04-4F07-A0D4-6B80A31C2BAF.jpeg

7355d5e22799f8cf702bc89c88602607.jpg

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Still Austin Cask Strength on a big cube of clear ice.  Big ice cubes are getting a workout in the Kepler household in this hot summer.

Just finished off the bottle my future DIL bought me.  I really enjoyed it.

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Just finished off the bottle my future DIL bought me.  I really enjoyed it.

Nice!  I just picked up their Red Corn BiB version and looking forward to trying it.

• I like it 2

On 7/6/2023 at 9:36 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Will do.

Thanks!

Joe say in two words what I say in a pile of doodoo.  He better than me at non-doodoo speak.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
twoo, not to - so say my English teach, Sister Mary Cookie Jar, the Squat Nun.
  • I like it 1

Last night I had my second pour of George Remus 94 proof.  I'm really impressed with this.  Tons of caramel and brown sugar.  It's not hot but it has enough flavor that you'd think it was 100 proof or more.  I got this out of curiosity a few years ago and finally got around to opening it because I had low expectations.  Of course, it's no longer available where I shop...   

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nice!  I just picked up their Red Corn BiB version and looking forward to trying it.

Would love to hear what you think of the red corn BiB.  I saw some of the mash from that whiskey and it looks very oily.  Please let us know!

• I like it 2

I keep hunting for a time when I can love on the Isaac Bowman Port Finished, but I can’t just find it.  Generally, I enjoy finished bourbons as the finish can add a nice polish to the base whiskey, but the Bowman’s finish just “wet old wool blanket” dampens the bright bourbon that went into the mix.  I’ll work through this bottle, but then I think I’ll be done with it.

• I like it 3

Started with what I thought was a 1915; but I think I missed the proportions & hit a 1913 or 12 since it seemed to be sweeter than I wanted. Finished it, but moved onto a OGD BiB which nailed the end of workday beautifully...

• I like it 1

KC SB followed by a KC cask strength rye (batch 2). Excellent stuff!

• I like it 2

On 7/10/2023 at 7:00 PM, smokinjoe said:

I keep hunting for a time when I can love on the Isaac Bowman Port Finished, but I can’t just find it.  Generally, I enjoy finished bourbons as the finish can add a nice polish to the base whiskey, but the Bowman’s finish just “wet old wool blanket” dampens the bright bourbon that went into the mix.  I’ll work through this bottle, but then I think I’ll be done with it.

I don't care for port finished whiskey, or most finished whiskey.  

I have a bottle, or three, and will not be replacing any of them, except maybe the AE rye, (if I catch it on sale), because it's a very nice dessert pour.

GBS selected ETL while listening to the All Star Game.

4CD87E5C-4C98-49BA-B1AC-23FE4E33CBBD.jpeg

• I like it 8

Three generations of WT RB tonight. The oldest won. The youngest was 2nd.

WTRB (2).jpeg

• I like it 13

Joe’s 2023 Weller Blend in the glass this evening. Nuff Ced.  😋

• I like it 4

FRYL freezer bottle in the Yeti last night on a 90 degree deck - YUMMO!   😋

• I like it 7

Turned the Big 5-0 and had this for my birthday pour.  It’s amazing.  Wish it was easier to obtain. 

IMG_1452.jpeg

• I like it 9

Happy birthday!  I am grabbing a WT Decades to celebrate with you.  Cheers!

• I like it 1

Back to the BOTM this evening. ER in the glass. Also pictured is the latest addition to my menagerie. Grogu. Vacation time in Florida/Disney World last week for my son and his family. They bought Grogu back as a gift for me. Goes great with my Mandalorian phone charging pad. 🤗

IMG_2328.thumb.jpeg.f2e72b8d962597178edf2afd4efb9ea6.jpegIMG_1639.thumb.jpeg.11ffc421a0dfe83278ba7cdccc4dd3fb.jpeg

• I like it 5