What Bourbon Are you Drinking Summer 2023?

mbroo5880i

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Back to the BOTM this evening. ER in the glass. Also pictured is the latest addition to my menagerie. Grogu. Vacation time in Florida/Disney World last week for my son and his family. They bought Grogu back as a gift for me. Goes great with my Mandalorian phone charging pad. 🤗

IMG_2328.thumb.jpeg.f2e72b8d962597178edf2afd4efb9ea6.jpegIMG_1639.thumb.jpeg.11ffc421a0dfe83278ba7cdccc4dd3fb.jpeg

They're real gift was not dragging you to Disney World!😅

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

They're real gift was not dragging you to Disney World!😅

Soooooo Friggin True!!!

We have a Son & Fam that lives in Orlando & they live to drag us to Dis or U Studios. It's fun but we really just want to visit & love on the Grandkids & their living room is really just fine for that...

• I like it 5

I opened a bottle of Legent.  Believe it or not, I have more of these in the bunker than anything else.  Thanks again for the tip mbroo5880i.  I wouldn't have loaded up if I didn't like it.  🥃😉  It's actually quite tasty.

• I like it 4

Had a little get together Thursday afternoon. No particular them, everyone brought some random bottles. 
Really good afternoon. 
C40665F3-ED0D-4642-ADBB-DE62CB3E6615.thumb.jpeg.669749af79455d157ecabff9aec7f218.jpeg

951EA7C4-F830-4D57-BFBC-11A34B870485.thumb.jpeg.a25270ed8640e06a3f5491d75f48659c.jpeg

• I like it 12

Yesterday was OF 1920 followed by Bombergers then a finale of MM BEP. All neat of course!! Delicious...

• I like it 5

Enjoying a newly opened OF Statesman over a big clear cube, this afternoon.  

300E2B7B-DE1F-469D-81E8-06F63A408422.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Enjoying a newly opened OF Statesman over a big clear cube, this afternoon.  

300E2B7B-DE1F-469D-81E8-06F63A408422.jpeg

The most recent bottle I 've had of this is magnificent.  It just keeps getting picked over the other open bottles here at the beach crib.  Vanilla bomb with all the old school OF flavors.  

Nice photo, btw.

Frank August.   This one is old school like Statesman,  but it's more of a good ol' gobbler.

20230715_172227.jpg

• I like it 1

Mrs. Skinsfan requested a "small pour"20230714_180126(0).thumb.jpg.258e4e37cc894e9623a004d74f347c54.jpg

I couldn't let her drink alone😉

Mine's the one on the right...

• I like it 7

It turned into a high rye bourbon night.  Started off with an OBSK and ginger ale to beat the heat.  After the sun went down I had short pours of both 4R standard single barrel and the small batch select.  Hard to pick a favorite between those two -- I'll need more research at a later date 😁

Now I have a Lincoln Road barrel pick of Bulleit bourbon. This might be my favorite pour so far.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 4

OGD BiB in the glass.

The decanter is dangerously close to being empty.

20230715_200204.jpg

• I like it 3

Neck pour of Early Times BIB.  Now to follow up with a can of Schlitz as a palate cleanser.  I will report back with what the Beer that Made Milwaukee Famous inspires as a second pour.

• I like it 3

When you don't get invited to the neighbors pool party.  😃  She found a spot where she could observe the activities.  She was hoping a hot dog might accidently find its way over the fence.  The little dog went inside because she is afraid lightening bugs might eat her.  😮

My wife chilled with tea.  I chilled with a few pours of FRSiB.

image.thumb.jpeg.d771c8bc0216bb756eabd1bc753d8238.jpeg

image000000.jpg

• I like it 5

8 minutes ago, Thomm said:

Neck pour of Early Times BIB.  Now to follow up with a can of Schlitz as a palate cleanser.  I will report back with what the Beer that Made Milwaukee Famous inspires as a second pour.

I never heard of anyone using beer as a palate cleanser before,  let alone a Schlitz (🤮).  Coffee is my normal thing to clear the palate.  What's with the Schlitz and how does it work for you?

Or is your entire post just a tongue in cheek jest?

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

When you don't get invited to the neighbors pool party.  😃  She found a spot where she could observe the activities.  She was hoping a hot dog might accidently find its way over the fence.  The little dog went inside because she is afraid lightening bugs might eat her.  😮

My wife chilled with tea.  I chilled with a few pours of FRSiB.

image.thumb.jpeg.d771c8bc0216bb756eabd1bc753d8238.jpeg

image000000.jpg

Cute

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Cute

She comes from a championship hunting blood line.  We have never hunted her since we have a little dog.  A rabbit ran all around the garden yesterday while she was barking at the neighbors.  😃  

But, when she sees a rabbit, her fat ass can haul it.  😮 

Unlike my other dogs, she doesn't care for bourbon or rye.  But, she likes cheeseburgers.  

• I like it 3

28 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I never heard of anyone using beer as a palate cleanser before,  let alone a Schlitz (🤮).  Coffee is my normal thing to clear the palate.  What's with the Schlitz and how does it work for you?

The "palate cleanser" part is tongue in cheek, but I must admit I'm currently drinking a can of Schlitz. Popped some microwave popcorn and it just seemed to go with it. 

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, Thomm said:

The "palate cleanser" part is tongue in cheek, but I must admit I'm currently drinking a can of Schlitz. Popped some microwave popcorn and it just seemed to go with it. 

Haha okay now im onboard.  The popcorn and Schlitz does make sense 😀

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Beer is a great palate cleanser, especially the basic American lagers (lawn mower beer).  The real hoppy stuff not so much.  That hop taste can stay with you some time.

I'd much rather have Schlitz compared to Bud Light or Miller Lite.

On to the next.  JD SBS.  I may have to finish this bottle.  Watch for it in an empty bottle thread near you. 

MM 101 in the glass tonight. It was a great day. 😀

IMG_2348.thumb.jpeg.ce7841731c25f7bc8712055bdff54d10.jpeg

• I like it 4

5 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Beer is a great palate cleanser, especially the basic American lagers (lawn mower beer).  The real hoppy stuff not so much.  That hop taste can stay with you some time.

I'd much rather have Schlitz compared to Bud Light or Miller Lite.

I live in Southeastern Wisconsin, nearby the home of Miller Brewing Company.  Although the corporate ownership now has almost nothing to do with Milwaukee anymore, the brand loyalty remains to a great degree. We tend to despise anything Anheuser Busch related, and (mostly because of a well deserved inferiority complex) can't stand the St Louis Cardinals.  

That being said, I cannot throw shade at Bud Light without also including what has become the local sacred cow, Miller Lite, in the conversation.  I am no longer much of a beer drinker, but if I indulge, the very minimum requirement I have is that no light, lite, light, lyte, or whatever other idiot iteration of the term that denotes watered-down dreck passes through my lips and into my tasting hole.  Therefore, Schlitz, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller High Life, and the et al of domestic pilsners and lagers are all occasionally acceptable to me. 

That Lite garbage you can keep. 

And yes, I can see how the overly-hopped crafties would overwhelm the taste buds. I appreciate the bitter, but beer should not taste like grapefruit juice. 

Sorry for the rant. I just had to vent. Miller Lite.  F$&#+king stupid sheep.

• I like it 2

The last Schlitz I purchased was a 6 pack up I picked about ten years ago for nolstagia's sake.  I purchased it from Spec's (the leading liquor store chain in Texas) so their inventory is fresh.  But it was basically un-drinkable bottom shelf garbage to me.  The kind of stuff I used to drink in college because I was on a limited budget. 🤷‍♂️