What Bourbon Are you Drinking Summer 2023?

mbroo5880i

3 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I've been hearing more and more good things about Chattanooga.  A buddy of mine is nuts about the stuff.  I'll have to give it a try...

I'm a big fan of their core bourbon product which uses their "SB091" mash bill.  That would be the 111, 91, and certain single barrel releases that specify "SB091" as the mash bill.  I highly recommend a Single Barrel if you see a SB091 version.  If you don't see one of those, grab a "111" and don't look back.

The Bottled in Bond product is more polarizing to me, and therefore for those I'd recommend you "try before you buy" the BiB. 

Their 99 Rye is very good too and I also recommend that one if you are a rye whiskey fan.  There are certainly better values out there for the money, but it's a solid "craft" whiskey for lack of a better term.

• I like it 1

I just blasted out the last of three bottles of Chattanooga whiskey this week.  They are really good.  Occasionally, the hint of chocolate was a little too much but overall very enjoyable.  I preferred them in the following order.  111>Rye>91.  I would definitely buy the 111 and Rye again.

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I just blasted out the last of three bottles of Chattanooga whiskey this week.  They are really good.  Occasionally, the hint of chocolate was a little too much but overall very enjoyable.  I preferred them in the following order.  111>Rye>91.  I would definitely buy the 111 and Rye again.

I agree with your ranking.  Since you really like the 111, I predict you'll love a Single Barrel pick of recipe SB091.  I suppose normal single barrel variation is a risk, but I really loved mine and have another ready on deck to crack soon.  Think "111" but more intensity of flavor due to a bit higher proof.

• I like it 2

Just now, Kepler said:

I agree with your ranking.  Since you really like the 111, I predict you'll love a Single Barrel pick of recipe SB091.  I suppose normal single barrel variation is a risk, but I really loved mine and have another ready on deck to crack soon.  Think "111" but more intensity of flavor due to a bit higher proof.

FYI, I also have their wheated (B055) and  "Roasted" (SB055) single barrel bourbons, but I haven't opened and tried them yet.

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Single Barrel is always a risk but it is also always an experience. 😎

• I like it 1

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

Single Barrel is always a risk but it is also always an experience. 😎

So true!  I'm always up for a surprise myself, and I can tell you are too Broo. 

But when recommending to others I feel obligated to include the caveat just because I've only tried one CW single barrel so far.

• I like it 1

ECBP x5. (Two not shown in this photo)

We chose barrel 3 on the right. 

IMG_7430.jpeg

• I like it 3

51 minutes ago, flahute said:

ECBP x5. (Two not shown in this photo)

We chose barrel 3 on the right. 

IMG_7430.jpeg

And behind curtain #3 is ??  

Or do we have to wait until it's bottled?

Well we are waiting.gif

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

And behind curtain #3 is ??  

Or do we have to wait until it's bottled?

Well we are waiting.gif

I am terrible at note taking so you have to wait until it’s bottled!

• I like it 1

What, is nobody out there actually drinking bourbon?  Or just buying and passing on bottles? 🤔😛

Still Austin BP in my glass at the moment.

• I like it 1

45 minutes ago, Kepler said:

What, is nobody out there actually drinking bourbon?  Or just buying and passing on bottles? 🤔😛

Still Austin BP in my glass at the moment.

I’m drinking!! Earlier a couple pours of MMCS,(great by the way), then EWSiB 2002 ( sigh, I wish these were still available) now onto ECBP!

Cheers

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I’m drinking!! Earlier a couple pours of MMCS,(great by the way), then EWSiB 2002 ( sigh, I wish these were still available) now onto ECBP!

Cheers

Finished off the ECBP.  Finale, Baker’s SiB. Very nice. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

ECSB store pick. I was part of the picking team. We sold 17 cases in 8 months. our next barrel comes in about 2-3 weeks! Then we are doing a Makers for the winter!!

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Finished off the ECBP.  Finale, Baker’s SiB. Very nice. 

Cheers

what vintage BP?

Popped a GBS selected WT Russell’s Single Barrel before dinner.  

ECD995AD-8EE5-48AE-955F-02001B8394C3.jpeg

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Popped a GBS selected WT Russell’s Single Barrel before dinner.  

ECD995AD-8EE5-48AE-955F-02001B8394C3.jpeg

I love the glass!

I had a really good weekend, so I had a pour of Weller SR this evening. This led to a climb up the Weller Ladder. 😎 It’s been a while since I’ve climbed the Weller Ladder. Mmmmmmmmm. 😋

Weller SR

Joe’s 2023 Weller Blend

PS OWA

PS Weller Full Proof

2007 WLW

• I like it 5

An afternoon/evening at the neighbor’s pool.  BBQ’d 6 racks of ribs for the crowd, hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids.  My ears are still ringing from all of the squealing and screaming from the kids in the pool.   Lots of fine bourbon, rye and beers to choose from.  My indulgences were several Red Stripes while monitoring the ribs followed by several large pours of the THH I had gifted him for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun watching all the small kids play in the pool.  It was even nicer to come home to a quiet house.  I feel a good long nap is in order today.  Man I’m getting old!

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, markandrex said:

An afternoon/evening at the neighbor’s pool.  BBQ’d 6 racks of ribs for the crowd, hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids.  My ears are still ringing from all of the squealing and screaming from the kids in the pool.   Lots of fine bourbon, rye and beers to choose from.  My indulgences were several Red Stripes while monitoring the ribs followed by several large pours of the THH I had gifted him for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun watching all the small kids play in the pool.  It was even nicer to come home to a quiet house.  I feel a good long nap is in order today.  Man I’m getting old!

Red Stripes and Corona's are soooooo good on those hot summer days.    

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s been a while since I’ve climbed the Weller Ladder. Mmmmmmmmm. 😋

1-day does not equal awhile... 😜

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

I'm with ya there old guy...

2 sets of grandkids over the weekend sent me straight to the bourbon. Didn't even venture the beer, but you win the loudest contest with the pool party. I did jambalaya but would trade a bowl for a rack of ribs, anytime...

Just added a 1st-time, very affordable pour to the collection. I must say, I'm impressed; "VOB 100" in the glass...

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

1-day does not equal awhile... 😜

IMG_2321.jpeg.e621a46990d040e0984f3f81f2fd8d08.jpeg

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Just added a 1st-time, very affordable pour to the collection. I must say, I'm impressed; "VOB 100" in the glass...

A big fan here.

And you can tell yourself, when another company bottles stuff they source from Barton, then it costs $$$ 😄

• I like it 1