What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

I’ve started my first campfire outside this Fall so I figured we needed to start the Fall purchase thread. My local had this 6yr Puncher’s Chance barrel pick so I figured I’d try it. My understanding is it could be BBC, WTr, or Barton sourced with WTr being the most likely. It’s very good whatever the source. 

IMG_1396.jpeg

• I like it 4

Just got a Lee W Sinclair 4 Grain BIB. I got through a Whisky club. Has anyone tried this one ? 

On 9/30/2023 at 7:01 PM, CUfan99 said:

I’ve started my first campfire outside this Fall so I figured we needed to start the Fall purchase thread. My local had this 6yr Puncher’s Chance barrel pick so I figured I’d try it. My understanding is it could be BBC, WTr, or Barton sourced with WTr being the most likely. It’s very good whatever the source. 

IMG_1396.jpeg

Love the tiger spirits sticker.  My daughter went to Clemson and was on the rowing team.  Had a lot of fun on Lake Hartwell!

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, MJWP said:

Just got a Lee W Sinclair 4 Grain BIB. I got through a Whisky club. Has anyone tried this one ? 

I have tried it and the Maddie Gladden.  French Licks does an excellent job with their "respect the grain" bourbons.  It has wheat and oats in the mash bill so it is soft and sweet.  I think you will love it.  Please report back and share what you think.

A stop at a random gas station for a pee break in the middle of the desert on the way to Palm Springs paid off!! These 3 bottles were sitting all by themselves on a random shelf with no price. Not even with the rest of the liquor. I took one of the W12 and the WFP up to the register to ask the price. The cashier scanned the WFP and said "wow that's expensive". My heart sank until he said..."65 dollars...what makes it so expensive?" I mumbled something about its just really good tasting and told him to ring up that and both W12 bottles.

20231005_165610.jpg

20231005_131030.jpg

• I like it 16

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

A stop at a random gas station for a pee break in the middle of the desert on the way to Palm Springs paid off!! These 3 bottles were sitting all by themselves on a random shelf with no price. Not even with the rest of the liquor. I took one of the W12 and the WFP up to the register to ask the price. The cashier scanned the WFP and said "wow that's expensive". My heart sank until he said..."65 dollars...what makes it so expensive?" I mumbled something about its just really good tasting and told him to ring up that and both W12 bottles.

20231005_165610.jpg

20231005_131030.jpg

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now. 

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now. 

LOL!!!  Great line from Clark!  🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

20231005_165610.jpg

20231005_131030.jpg

Even the $11 tax is fantastic. Outstanding!!!

20 hours ago, MJWP said:

I had a bottle of this a while back and remember liking it quite a bit more than I expected.  Purchased from Seelbach's. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

I had a bottle of this a while back and remember liking it quite a bit more than I expected.  Purchased from Seelbach's. 

Okay good to know I'll give it a try tonight and report back . 

• I like it 1

They just arrived in town so I got lucky and picked up 3 of the ECBP C923!

Edited by mwmac
problems with loading image
  • I like it 4

6 hours ago, markandrex said:

This quarter’s Whisky Drop came today.

IMG_1069.jpeg

Idaho is expected to receive approximately 60 bottles in total of the Makers Cellar Aged.  With half usually going to bars, I do not expect to see one on the shelf.  Would be interested in hearing your tasting notes.

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

20231005_165610.jpg

20231005_131030.jpg

An awesome story and great finds!  Thanks for sharing!  This gives us all hope.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, MJWP said:

Okay good to know I'll give it a try tonight and report back . 

I would be interesting you notes on this one.  I see the regular bottle and local store picks but have never tried it.

6 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Christmas special. 

IMG_1415.jpeg

Christmas decorations are in Costco, Lowe's, and Wal-Mart already.  Time to bring out the Whiskey Christmas gift sets.  😀

• I like it 2

25 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A gift today. 😉

IMG_2740.thumb.jpeg.cf384b00afc36304b9a1e9491d625669.jpeg

A half empty bottle of Maker's Mark?  Cool! 😀

57 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

A half empty bottle of Maker's Mark?  Cool! 😀

From a fellow Hoosier no less. Sheesh.😏

IMG_2321.jpeg.396a3a9d0a44c3c46e58904dad82da26.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 10/5/2023 at 5:50 PM, MJWP said:

I like the Spirits of French Lick lineup in total!   They are doing some great things there.

• I like it 3

On 10/7/2023 at 6:09 AM, Grady330 said:

Thoughts on buying from Caskers?

Legit. Expensive. Though I recollect someone here getting a surprisingly good deal on non-allocated stuff there or on a similar site. RRSiB if I remember correctly.