What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

11 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

The bourbon is awesome, but those cookies....WOW!

I will pass along your support.  She works hard on them.  It takes her the better part of a day just decorating them.

• I like it 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:07 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

"Pikesville under $27!?"   That had to be a mistake when they priced it.   I would've bought a case.

That is legendary Cheap Bastard stuff.  @PaulO has been in the club for awhile. 😀😜😎 

That is probably the cheapest price I have ever seen on it.  I believe I have bought a few bottles over the years on sale in the low to mid $30s.  I thought that was a great price but obviously I overpaid. 😮

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, markandrex said:

I will pass along your support.  She works hard on them.  It takes her the better part of a day just decorating them.

They look absolutely spectacular! They look almost too good to eat except they look so good you want to eat them.  Oh, the conundrum.  I know what I would do!  

Enjoy!

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, jvd99 said:

That's really a great haul...I dont even try anymore. When I picked up my one and only LE this fall, a FRsmBLE the LS manager held for me because we go way back, the guy who gave it to me literally told me to turn the bottle around and go straight to the register because someone might club me on the way to the checkout. That's how ridiculous it's gotten around me. Enjoy!

He was probably hoping no one else would notice.  It was a great score!  Enjoy!

16 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That is legendary Cheap Bastard stuff.  @PaulO has been in the club for awhile. 😀😜😎 

That is probably the cheapest price I have ever seen on it.  I believe I have bought a few bottles over the years on sale in the low to mid $30s.  I thought that was a great price but obviously I overpaid. 😮

That is legend, indeed!

That's less than half-price...someone at that store screwed up. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Picked this up today. Had my choice of several higher end bottles, Stagg Jr, Camp  Nelson F, etc but I’ve spent enough money on bourbon recently. It’s been 5+ years since I’ve taken one of these home. I’m sure I’ll blend it! 😀

IMG_1682.jpeg

• I like it 9

23 minutes ago, MM818 said:

Picked this up today. Had my choice of several higher end bottles, Stagg Jr, Camp  Nelson F, etc but I’ve spent enough money on bourbon recently. It’s been 5+ years since I’ve taken one of these home. I’m sure I’ll blend it! 😀

IMG_1682.jpeg

Play it again (uncle) Sam.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

It is kind of crazy.  For the longest time, the store in Carmel and down your way had the best variety.  Your store has a better selection of WT products.  However, the store closest to me has really stepped it up.  Even better, while they keep mid-tier allocated bottles like ECBP, HMcK, and Blanton's in the back, they no longer lock up the higher end bottles.  There are several bottles on the shelf that are highly sought after.  It seems like everyday something new or different is on the shelf.  They had several bottles of EC Toasted on the shelf today. 

I see on the internet where the stores in KY get PVW, BTAC, etc. and hold lotteries.  My local store had a lottery a few years ago and it was quite popular but many of the items were mid-tier allocated bottles.  I wonder what happens to their allocation of PVW and BTAC in Indiana?

I've noticed the shelf on the end cap where they stock some higher end items only has enough room for 3-4 bottles.  I wonder if they hold some of this inventory in back.  I know stuff the taters really want, none goes on the shelf, all in back.

The locked glass case is for the stuff shoplifters want: flavored Crown, Grey Goose, etc...  👎😆

• I like it 2

@mbroo5880i and @PaulO  I’ve noticed the same thing has happened here  with a large grocery chain.  Luckily, I’ve made  decent connections at a couple of their stores. 🤞🤞🤞

• I like it 2

I didn’t really purchase anything. We did have our family Xmas get together today though. I made the nice list. 😇

IMG_3355.thumb.jpeg.a8c75e518b5c616ac2385b3ffb282797.jpeg

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I didn’t really purchase anything. We did have our family Xmas get together today though. I made the nice list. 😇

I received a bottle of the Woodford Wheat last Christmas.  I was undecided after the first pour but eventually I found that I really like it.  I enjoyed it much more than Bernheim.  I actually prefer WR Wheat and WR Rye over standard WR.

• I like it 2

Another haul from last week, the BT single barrel is fantastic and I heard the Larceny B523 is also great. 

20231224_024000.jpg

• I like it 3

On 12/24/2023 at 5:15 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

The Woodford wheat is good stuff.

And who doesn't love some Heaven Hill.

Great Gifts!

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, Tex Rob said:

Another haul from last week, the BT single barrel is fantastic and I heard the Larceny B523 is also great. 

20231224_024000.jpg

The Larceny BP B523 is indeed excellent.  Let us know if you agree.

VWIndy

• I like it 1

MM101   

I couldn't pass it up for $34.00....which is great price around here.    

Sad part is that we stopped in to buy some EW Egg Nog for Mrs. Skinsfan and.................................................they were out!🤣

That being said....we did stop at another LS so she got her egg nog 😉

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

On 12/22/2023 at 10:10 AM, VWIndy said:

Unreal to see BTAC at retail.  Not in Indiana:}

On 12/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, jvd99 said:

That's really a great haul...I dont even try anymore. When I picked up my one and only LE this fall, a FRsmBLE the LS manager held for me because we go way back, the guy who gave it to me literally told me to turn the bottle around and go straight to the register because someone might club me on the way to the checkout. That's how ridiculous it's gotten around me. Enjoy!

Well there's more to that guy's story I am sure about that.

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Well there's more to that guy's story I am sure about that.

Believe it or not, you can still find allocated bottles at retail in TX, no point system, hookups, etc...

20231228_192347.jpg

20231228_192733.jpg

20231228_192441.jpg

• I like it 3

27 minutes ago, Tex Rob said:

Believe it or not, you can still find allocated bottles at retail in TX, no point system, hookups, etc...

20231228_192347.jpg

20231228_192733.jpg

20231228_192441.jpg

That's obviously great.  Believe me I'm well aware from experience of the effort it takes to accomplish that, at least in populated areas.  Like I said, there is always more to the story.  I eventually decided it wasn't worth the effort or risk required it to keep that going consistently long term from one year to the next and am happy with the points system at major outlets.  I normally get my favorite BTACs plus a minor Van Winkle every year, which keeps me fat and happy.

• I like it 1

On 12/20/2023 at 6:17 AM, smokinjoe said:

Just couldn’t resist this Maker’s gift set with 2 snowflake embossed rocks glasses.      My challenge will be whether or not I open it for myself, or stay to my original intention of keeping it stowed away as an impromptu gift over the next couple of days.  Thinking option 1 will be my choice. 😆

34104CB1-5E2D-449B-AD77-313BB6CBD458.jpeg

Had this exact same set in my hands and it took everything I had to walk away.

3 minutes ago, flahute said:

Same here. I’ve given away glasses, sold them at garage sales, donated some, and I still have a crap ton. I had to laugh at myself a little because I thought of relating bourbon glasses to two of the famous lines from The Treasure Of Sierra Madre.  “ Glasses?  We don’t need no steenking glasses.” 🤣

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, flahute said:

Same, those were sharp glasses.

On 12/20/2023 at 9:17 AM, smokinjoe said:

Just couldn’t resist this Maker’s gift set with 2 snowflake embossed rocks glasses.      My challenge will be whether or not I open it for myself, or stay to my original intention of keeping it stowed away as an impromptu gift over the next couple of days.  Thinking option 1 will be my choice. 😆

34104CB1-5E2D-449B-AD77-313BB6CBD458.jpeg

I bought two at $21.99 each.....for me!!

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Phil T said:

I bought two at $21.99 each.....for me!!

Prost!!  Phil 

You know, those are pretty nice.  🤔