What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

Up until about a year or two ago I could still find C101 in Illinois in the plastic "traveler" bottles but those seemed to have dried up.  Can anyone confirm its still being produced/distributed?  This particular bottle is a bit older.  I was down to a single pour left in my last bottle of C101.

DBF8A26E-3CAB-4218-B070-A44B8D72E515.thumb.jpeg.35a60d47af31f8d2a0c5122009cc356f.jpeg

Clueby! Unbelievable, final

stop of the day, same place i got a JD twice barreled and Belle meade 9 single barrel in the last two weeks. 3 or 4 of these at $19.99! Grabbed one. I guess they really are finding and clearing old inventory lately. I asked if these were new and he said no they are old (with emphasis).

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

6E106C24-564A-462F-A21B-26F3A8A9811E.thumb.jpeg.c02efb0679fcc5b78dea689d0510b8e1.jpeg

Love this time of year

That doesn't look safe!  You should consider buying a whiskey car seat!

• I like it 2

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That doesn't look safe!  You should consider buying a whiskey car seat!

She made it home safely! 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

She made it home safely! 

One hand on the wheel, one hand on the bottle, smile on the face!  Been there, done that! 😀

• I like it 3

17 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

One hand on the wheel, one hand on the bottle, smile on the face!  

Sounds like a country song right there. 🤠

• I like it 7

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sounds like a country song right there. 🤠

What does it sound like when you play the song backwards?  Does the truck start up, the dog doesn't die, and the wife/gf comes back???   🤣

• I like it 8

On 10/26/2023 at 9:57 AM, IamMatt said:

I have heard some say that HH BIB varies significantly from batch to batch (season to season?).  Dunno.  I also found it much better with a few drops of water, something I almost never do.

For me, it seems to vary from pour to pour.   The sip I had last night lacked the vanilla quality I tasted from the neck pour.   

• I like it 2

On 10/25/2023 at 7:17 PM, Clueby said:

Acquired these two today.

20231025_210843.jpg

The only bottle of OC8 I've ever had was purchased online from a store in St. Louis and that was what I used to cut the first batch of Stagg Jr. that we all hated. It made it pretty good!

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

What does it sound like when you play the song backwards?  Does the truck start up, the dog doesn't die, and the wife/gf comes back???   🤣

Well Frank, maybe something like the last verse of the “perfect country song”.  You Never Even Called Me By My Name, the song written by Steve Goodman and John Prine, and maybe David Allen Coe. It depends on which version of the story you believe, or is real. Anyway, a classic song with a great last verse. 🤠

Well, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got run over by a damned old train
  • I like it 6

1 hour ago, flahute said:

The only bottle of OC8 I've ever had was purchased online from a store in St. Louis and that was what I used to cut the first batch of Stagg Jr. that we all hated. It made it pretty good!

I used to blend SJR and C101 to cut some of the harshness of early batches.

2 hours ago, flahute said:

to cut the first batch of Stagg Jr. that we all hated.

I actually think it’s pretty good with some water added.

A buddy has an open one that nobody else will touch except me.

🤷🏻‍♂️

21 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

One hand on the wheel, one hand on the bottle, smile on the face!  Been there, done that! 😀

That reminds me of the old married with children episode where Al said “one hand on the wheel, one hand on the girl, and one hand on the gearshift….. we had more hands back then”

🤣

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I actually think it’s pretty good with some water added.

A buddy has an open one that nobody else will touch except me.

🤷🏻‍♂️

What makes bourbon so great is that we all have our own palates and like what we like. You could have had quite a few of these back then since very few liked it!

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, flahute said:

What makes bourbon so great is that we all have our own palates and like what we like. You could have had quite a few of these back then since very few liked it!

I was still scared of going blind from barrel proofers back then.  Plus all the reviews were negative.

🤣

Elated to find and pick up a JDSBBP bourbon today.  I’ve kept my last bottle purchase buried away in the bunker waiting to be opened for this day.  😁  Also, picked up one of my regular faves, in a Cooper’s Craft 100 proof.  Hittin’ that one pretty good, right now.  

521B143D-7DCE-4DAA-B247-CD12C9544C1E.jpeg

• I like it 10

Haven’t hit stores that often but managed to get out this week.  That JD Rye is something special.  Cheers y’all.  

IMG_1900.jpeg

• I like it 9

Stopped by a store last evening and got their last bottle of Larceny BP C923.  And my heart broke when I saw the empty box that had held ECBP C923.  Just missed it.

• I like it 4

Presented another seminar. Clients are kind to me, see the pic.

Also picked up JDSBBP Rye at $70/per, there were lots of them at 127.x proof since the proof hounds cleared out the 130+ stuff. That's AOK. This rye strikes me as an excellent bang-for-the-buck. It's good. And, knock on wood, I have not had a bad SiB (tried 3 different ones so far), may the 5 I just got continue that happy pattern. This'll clearly be a "regular drinker".

Also picked up some OF King Ranch. 1 for me (reviews are so-so, not gonna chance more until I try) and 1 for a friend, $90 per. Along with a Still Austin CS for a friend, $60 per, odd that it's at $50 in many non-Texas locations. But he was happy to pay the $60 since it's not available at all in his area.

Gifts DFW.jpg

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

On sale for $44.00.

You lucky dog! Those Belle Meade Reserves have grown on me, that's a darned good price. Even Cheap Bastard(s) should approve!

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 2

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Elated to find and pick up a JDSBBP bourbon today

You guys turned me on to those - just excellent objectively, and especially at circa $60/per.

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Also, picked up one of my regular faves, in a Cooper’s Craft 100 proof.

Hmmm. Need to try.

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

You lucky dog! Those Belle Meade Reserves have grown on me, that's a darned good price. Even Cheap Bastard(s) should approve!

Yeah...I rarely see it anymore, and not at that price.  They were on a sale rack. I walked out of the store with 3 of the 5 that they had left.

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

On sale for $44.00.

That's a buy for me every time.

20231028_121313.jpg

Cheap Bastard Seal of Approval!

• I like it 5