What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

22 hours ago, VWIndy said:

Does it say Blanton or Blanton's on the bottle?

Thought this was a joke.  It says Blanton. Counterfeit?  What  do I do with it?? 

I was out with a couple of friends today and stopped in a few stores.  I grabbed another 13th Colony SMB.

image0.jpeg

• I like it 2

Finally found my latest white whale, ECBP C923. Also, got the C923 Larceny.

I picked them up at the October state allocation drop. I'm driving my youngest to and from the Homecoming dance tonight, so it looks like an Eagles C923 game instead of a Phillies 923 game. I have a bad feeling that I could use it tonight😬

20231021_105202.thumb.jpg.fbb82dc618eece46357a6070e2282fe6.jpg

• I like it 6

Still Austin Cask Strength and OF Rye 100.  While a litle on the young side, I really enjoy Still Austin and the price was reasonable.  I don't mind paying up a little to support craft distillers who are doing great things.  The OF Rye 100 was a a great price for a 1L bottle.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Davesnothere said:

Finally found my latest white whale, ECBP C923. Also, got the C923 Larceny.

I picked them up at the October state allocation drop. I'm driving my youngest to and from the Homecoming dance tonight, so it looks like an Eagles C923 game instead of a Phillies 923 game. I have a bad feeling that I could use it tonight😬

20231021_105202.thumb.jpg.fbb82dc618eece46357a6070e2282fe6.jpg

Nice scores!  These were the two I was hunting for today.  I ended with something else.  But, there is always tomorrow.

images.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i

Today I ordered online from K&L a Barrell Single Barrel 99% corn 1% malted barley bourbon distilled at MGP.  It was 25% off msrp of $100 so I couldn't resist.  I can't wait to get this home to try something so unique. 

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Thought this was a joke.  It says Blanton. Counterfeit?  What  do I do with it?? 

HELP!!!!

1 hour ago, Grady330 said:

HELP!!!!

Warehouse H says "[n]eck labels said "Blanton" with no "s" prior to 1994."

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Jazz June said:

Warehouse H says "[n]eck labels said "Blanton" with no "s" prior to 1994."

so may be legit? anything else to look for?

Just now, Grady330 said:

so may be legit? anything else to look for?

Was the pony different as well?

Picked up a Dickel 8 year on the way home from work tonight. This is my first taste of anything Dickel without coke and not from the back of a high school friend's dad's basement bar nearly 40 years ago.  Not bad.  Didn't knock my socks off, either.  I get the vitamin thing; it's definitely there.  Almost like a lingering saltiness on the sides of the tongue.

This bottle was the price of admission to a local LS lottery.  Now judge if you must, and believe me or don't that I normally don't finagle with these goofy lotteries, but this particular carnival features 8 bottles of RR13 at $150 per.  I could handle that.

• I like it 2

This has been showing up in my area recently, usually in the $50-$60 range. Found one for $40 so grabbed it.

image.jpg

• I like it 9

I was there. It was there. Why not? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sadly, I don’t think my gal at MM dipped this one. Long tendril maybe, but not on the back of the bottle. 🥲

IMG_2900.thumb.jpeg.3a0330f6ebdac1527286f99013a14c39.jpeg

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

Acquired these two today.

20231025_210843.jpg

Wow! Great aquisition! I know the OC8 is a thing of the past. Havent seen any Charter 101 in a year or two. Do you still find it down there? 

• I like it 2

On 10/15/2023 at 3:37 PM, Bret Bret said:

Picked it up because I haven’t seen it often around here.  We’ll see. 

IMG_0636.jpeg

Mrs.  Jazz was in Chicago,  and she called me from a liquor store to ask what she might bring home for me.  What a woman!! 

This is what she brought home -  I've never seen or had it before.   It's a vanilla bomb - good stuff!

On 10/17/2023 at 5:33 AM, geclbxf said:

I have to agree about 7 - solid, but not sure the quality/value equation lines up for me at $109

I've already invested in another bottle,  as the one I opened is rapidly disappearing.   For me at least, it's held up well as more air's entered the bottle..   IMO it's perfectly balanced,  and I'd rank it just ahead of Series V.    

1 hour ago, Jazzhead said:

Mrs.  Jazz was in Chicago,  and she called me from a liquor store to ask what she might bring home for me.  What a woman!! 

This is what she brought home -  I've never seen or had it before.   It's a vanilla bomb - good stuff!

I have heard some say that HH BIB varies significantly from batch to batch (season to season?).  Dunno.  I also found it much better with a few drops of water, something I almost never do.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Wow! Great aquisition! I know the OC8 is a thing of the past. Havent seen any Charter 101 in a year or two. Do you still find it down there? 

Up until about a year or two ago I could still find C101 in Illinois in the plastic "traveler" bottles but those seemed to have dried up.  Can anyone confirm its still being produced/distributed?  This particular bottle is a bit older.  I was down to a single pour left in my last bottle of C101.