What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

15 hours ago, Obree said:

Found some more info you guys are correct. Export indeed, very early 90's. Named Forester instead of Old Forester.  Took the gamble as I got it quite cheap, together with another oldie,  Bourbon de Luxe. 

So you have a bottle of old Forester, not Old Forester.

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, IamMatt said:

So you have a bottle of old Forester, not Old Forester.

Heehee!  Well done! 😁

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

41EA573B-838A-46CD-B75A-984E7497DB6F.thumb.jpeg.e31c54e2d4f0ff14cbcca94ef877929d.jpeg

I got to sample these three before purchase last night in btown. 

The WHH is fantastic.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The WHH is fantastic.

I really enjoyed them all. Tried the Welller Single Barrel and Parkers Double Oaked at evergreen. Both very good. 

• I like it 3

My wife had to stop at the store on the way home from our granddaughters basketball game last night. FWIW, split duty. I went to our grandsons Xmas program. 🎅🎄 Anyway, she had to purchase more fixins for Xmas goodies. Well, she bought me a little sumpin sumpin too. Nice timing huh? 😉 

IMG_3229.thumb.jpeg.77bab14d4d449ed9e82c5c6fca0882b1.jpeg

• I like it 10

I stopped at the supermarket for some groceries and of course, I checked the liquor aisle, though there is rarely anything of note.  But today they had two bottles of Horsey Whiskey, and a couple of clearance items worth attention.  I quickly texted two bourbon buddies and snagged the two Blanton's for one  and a1783 for each or them (I am not a big Blanton's fan) plus a couple of 1783's and a Nelson's Greenbrier for myself.  Not bad for a day's work.

Dec 6 haul.jpg

• I like it 11

36 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

I stopped at the supermarket for some groceries and of course, I checked the liquor aisle, though there is rarely anything of note.  But today they had two bottles of Horsey Whiskey, and a couple of clearance items worth attention.  I quickly texted two bourbon buddies and snagged the two Blanton's for one  and a1783 for each or them (I am not a big Blanton's fan) plus a couple of 1783's and a Nelson's Greenbrier for myself.  Not bad for a day's work.

That 1783 is a pretty good bargain at regular price.  Well done!

• I like it 4

Me again. 😬 I made a quick stop at a liquor store after dinner tonight.  MM is normally $24.99 there. On sale at times for $22.99.  I knew it was on sale, and that’s why I stopped there. I wanted a MM 750 for when I receive my MM holiday label. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to grab a bottle and there was an extra $2.00 instant savings! MM for $20.99! Woo Hoo! The only “off” thing is that it doesn’t appear it was dipped by my gal. 🥲

IMG_3235.thumb.jpeg.43b51e9f2c155c5ec91f0c0eed90bd35.jpegIMG_3238.thumb.jpeg.ab880fe026facd599e7f51ab0590e17d.jpegIMG_3241.thumb.jpeg.c0bfad5fa2ee3f68480d6354829d56cc.jpegIMG_4905.thumb.jpeg.b8af1d5ba028584a6f9914ceb4bdf172.jpeg

• I like it 8

6 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Dec 6 haul.jpg

Let us know what you think about the Nelson's Greenbriar.   I've been curious,  but haven't tried it.

• I like it 1

Well, well, look what i found loitering on a State Store shelf!   I haven't seen one of these in years.   Babar approves of this wonderful blend! 

20231206_232333.jpg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Jazzhead said:

Well, well, look what i found loitering on a State Store shelf!   I haven't seen one of these in years.   Babar approves of this wonderful blend! 

Nice pickup @Jazzhead. 👌  A couple years or so ago, a local store had a bunch of bottles of Outryder at 25% off in one of their clearance carts. I like WW, so I figured why not. I didn’t open it for a day or so. I opened it and had a pour, and boy was it good. I went back the next day to  grab a couple more. All gone. 🤬  Not the first time I missed the boat like that. 😬 IMHO, @WhiskeyBlender did a masterful job with this whiskey. (See what I did there? 😉) I hope you enjoy your bottle of Outryder as much as I did mine @Jazzhead. 👍

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Me again. 😬 I made a quick stop at a liquor store after dinner tonight.  MM is normally $24.99 there. On sale at times for $22.99.  I knew it was on sale, and that’s why I stopped there. I wanted a MM 750 for when I receive my MM holiday label. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to grab a bottle and there was an extra $2.00 instant savings! MM for $20.99! Woo Hoo! The only “off” thing is that it doesn’t appear it was dipped by my gal. 🥲

IMG_3235.thumb.jpeg.43b51e9f2c155c5ec91f0c0eed90bd35.jpegIMG_3238.thumb.jpeg.ab880fe026facd599e7f51ab0590e17d.jpegIMG_3241.thumb.jpeg.c0bfad5fa2ee3f68480d6354829d56cc.jpegIMG_4905.thumb.jpeg.b8af1d5ba028584a6f9914ceb4bdf172.jpeg

Who's "Ken"?  🤣

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Pub Crawler said:

I've bought to many !😄

I’m sure I speak for others when I say; “That’s what she said.”

I made the doughnut delivery round this morning to three LS.  I came home with these.  I guess Michters dropped today.

image1.jpeg

• I like it 6

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice!

I ordered a label for a bottle that we're gifting to our son.     

• I like it 1

I purchased a bottle of standard Larceny. 

I'm not a huge fan, but I have a bottle of the Barrel Proof, (release C922), and read somewhere on the board where a fellow SB'er mixed 'em 50/50 and really enjoyed it.

We'll see!

• I like it 3

Busy couple of days.

Visited Amsterdam and had some drinks with Obree. Frighteningly, our wives met and got along quite well. Brought home the bottles in the pic. Obree hunts well and gets good prices, as one would expect of the Dutch. Check the dates on the Bookers and ECBP, far better priced than in the US. Yellow Spot $60 each, that was nice. And those Old HH are around $50. I have gotten really, really hooked on 4R SBLE22 (and 20).

A friend got me an ECBP C923 for $75. He then talked a young lady he'd never met into getting him one too, with his cash to get around the "one per person thing" (they had plenty). She gave it (and nothing else) to him in the parking lot.

Got two LB7's for $130 each - those are really, really good. Much better than last year's.

Completed the 20 OWA for 1 KoK, 1 JB Boston, and 1 Stagg 22B swap. 

Got another Boston for a friend who loves them for $210, he was happy to pay that.

Found KC12 for $60.

Found a 136-proof JDSBBP Rye for $80, taxes included.

A bit excessive.

A friend was willing to stand in line for hours in Alabama, I told him "Appreciate it, not worth it". He said he'd hit Lynchburg the next time he drove by.

Michters dropped in PR, a true oddity. Got Shenks, Bomberger, and several 10y rye at MSRP. That was a welcome surprise.

They also have EC Toasted here in PR for $45 plus tax. It's the only EC I don't like, passed.

Amsterdam.jpg

• I like it 12

Went on a bit of a Holiday run today. Magnum of WT101 , 750's of OF 1910, ECBP C922, Calumet 10, MM BEP, BT, EC Private Barrel, Got them into the bunker before the wife got home!!! Now where is my favorite ben shot  .308 glass !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I like it 6

Just got my hands on a bottle of Garrison Brothers Cowboy. Man does it have a dark color! Heavy proof too( which I don’t mind-Barrel Strength is my favorite for taste).  Has anyone tried it and have an opinion on the 2023 release? I’m trying to save it until my family gets home for Christmas.

• I like it 1

On 12/6/2023 at 8:34 PM, Jazzhead said:

20231206_232333.jpg

@Jazzhead and @fishnbowljoe I'm absolutely psyched that you dig some WW Outryder! @Jazzhead That looks like the last version of Outryder where I was still using a small amount of the 2011 48% "rye-ish" whiskey in the blend. Also, I love that Kellogg's Raisin Bran and the elephant sharing the photo! 😜🥃

As an FYI, as of Nov. 1st, after almost exactly 9 years to the day when I first started, my tenure at Wyoming Whiskey is over and I am now "Master Blender Emerita." I have given over the majority of the blending duties to a new master blender. My understanding is that Edrington still wants me to continue to blend Outryder, as well as work on some older whiskey projects (i.e., some 12 to 14 yr releases). I've got in about a year's worth of blending done for them before my departure, so the current and upcoming releases still have my mark on them. 

Cheers!

Nancy

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 11

9 hours ago, shyster512 said:

Just got my hands on a bottle of Garrison Brothers Cowboy. Man does it have a dark color! Heavy proof too( which I don’t mind-Barrel Strength is my favorite for taste).  Has anyone tried it and have an opinion on the 2023 release? I’m trying to save it until my family gets home for Christmas.

Got one, have not tried it yet. Had an earlier version, more than a year ago. Found it at MSRP and keep at my daughter's as the Emergency Bottle. Good, but you have to be in mood for it. Probably psychological, but I tasted mesquite.

Mrs. DNH found an  ER 1.75 in a store that we don't often frequent. She's also collecting the Smoke Wagon Christmas bottles.

20231202_171250.thumb.jpg.c2ea9b7248f764b56c28169d81574896.jpg

• I like it 1