What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

1 hour ago, Anwalt said:

Got one, have not tried it yet. Had an earlier version, more than a year ago. Found it at MSRP and keep at my daughter's as the Emergency Bottle. Good, but you have to be in mood for it. Probably psychological, but I tasted mesquite.

If I left my bottle at my daughter’s, it would disappear. She and her husband are the ones i drink a bottle with at Christmas. I love the depth of the flavors in the previous years selection. This 140 proof 2023 bottle is by far the darkest selection produced by Garrison. I’m just wondering with the dark color and higher proof, will the bottle be more intense with the palate or taste about the same. As I said earlier, the proof is not an issue although I am intrigued by the 140 proof.

• I like it 1

Total Wine Grand Reserve finally came through for me this morning!  Went for a Blanton's barrel select release and ended up getting a choice at the door.  First time ever seeing one in the wild.

image.jpeg.9208a3a5473a0cf8799809fe860551aa.jpeg

• I like it 10

We had to drive up the Nashville airport this afternoon and we stopped by one of regular shops. AE is one of my wife's favorites.

20231209_195654.thumb.jpg.d9917f34ab30d77ba099f4d6c0cba591.jpg

Edited by Davesnothere
  • I like it 2

On 12/3/2023 at 8:45 AM, smokinjoe said:

Which pre-existing bourbons have been reduced in size from 750ml to 700ml in the US market?

Bourbons that existed before?  the only ones I know of are the various Woodford Reserve "master's collection" special releases, like Batch Proof.  Those are being released in 70cl size now.  Brown-Forman are the trailblazers.  There are 2 Jack Daniel's regular shelfies at 70cl.  The Bonded JD and the Bonded JD Rye.  B-F are  testing the waters.  I think almost zero consumer blow back on these.  Just wait, there will be more bottles being converted.  I assume they will be part of a total repackaging effort.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

Bourbons that existed before?  the only ones I know of are the various Woodford Reserve "master's collection" special releases, like Batch Proof.  Those are being released in 70cl size now.  Brown-Forman are the trailblazers.  There are 2 Jack Daniel's regular shelfies at 70cl.  The Bonded JD and the Bonded JD Rye.  B-F are  testing the waters.  I think almost zero consumer blow back on these.  Just wait, there will be more bottles being converted.  I assume they will be part of a total repackaging effort.

I had seen the new JD B.I.B. in both 1 liter and 700ml bottles, but most common is 700ml version. 

When I read all this I think - next time I'm shopping I'll but a 1.75 liter of whatever.  I'll show them. 🤨

• I like it 4

Well I said I wouldn’t post much in this thread but here’s a recent and GOOD impulse buy. With all the hoopla surrounding JDSBBP rye and being out making the rounds for holiday shopping, I came across a James E Pepper bib whilst looking for the aforementioned JD. I briefly debated getting it but I truly LOVE the fact that this distillery has been brought back from extinction and am happy to support their resurgence. The bib was mentioned to me on my last distillery visit but not yet available.

I am happy to report that in typical bib one note style this displays a delicious cream soda profile. I appreciate bibs for that one note (unless they have additional aging ala old Fitz….) as long as the note is delicious and appealing like an OGD bib. This is one that is tasty and sets itself apart with that tasty cream soda thing. A welcome addition.

• I like it 4

We took a different way home today and stopped in a new shop. He had a taterlicous selection, ER, Blantons etc. All for only a couple of dollars over msrp. These were the only two I tatered.

20231210_153843.thumb.jpg.72146f00092f0d2dbcb5a330c2dceaec.jpg

• I like it 2

Well, I had an early morning mission. Binny’s was a couple of blocks away, so on the way home I stopped and looked around. Lots of interesting stuff but I decided to pass on everything. As I headed towards the door, I saw a friend that works there. He used to manage another liquor store in the area. We exchanged pleasantries, and he commented on the BIB samples I used to share with him. 🤬🤬🤬 Sigh.

IMG_3258.jpeg

IMG_3264.jpeg

• I like it 4

31 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I was up on Whiskey Row today with a few friends and found this.  Santa was pleased.

I think Old Fo released some 117 series today as well.

1 hour ago, MM818 said:

Thanks, Santa, you’re the best! But you should probably stay out of these kind of retailers until 2024. 

IMG_1636.jpeg

Sh*t that is a GREAT haul!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I think Old Fo released some 117 series today as well.

I believe it was a scotch barrel finished.  I saw the email in the car.  

• I like it 1

I think this is going to be  the last drop for the year. New years resolution is to make more posts in the empty bottle thread.

20231212_203658.thumb.jpg.a9ebb154cc6efe7df55cbaed454418dc.jpg

• I like it 6

From a local raffle and a complete surprise to me.   Supposedly this is one of a hundred promotional boxes from WT.  Automatic  entry if you are part of their loyalty program.

image1.jpeg

• I like it 7

22 minutes ago, markandrex said:

From a local raffle and a complete surprise to me.   Supposedly this is one of a hundred promotional boxes from WT.  Automatic  entry if you are part of their loyalty program.

image1.jpeg

That is great. Congrats Mark!

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, markandrex said:

image1.jpeg

Nice!!! Congrats!!

• I like it 1

Was very happy that a local-ish store that is doing a "Twelve Days of Bourbon" promotion offered up some Baker's 13 today. Very excited to crack this one based on the reviews I've read and watched on YouTube. I've really come around on Beam products this year, especially these extensions of the old Small Batch Bourbon Collection.

Bakers13.jpg

• I like it 5

34 minutes ago, stevegoz said:

Was very happy that a local-ish store that is doing a "Twelve Days of Bourbon" promotion offered up some Baker's 13 today. Very excited to crack this one based on the reviews I've read and watched on YouTube. I've really come around on Beam products this year, especially these extensions of the old Small Batch Bourbon Collection.

Bakers13.jpg

I b'live I would pull the trigger on that without any review. Baker's has been very, very good to me!!!

• I like it 3