What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

1 minute ago, PaulO said:

I went to that same sale early the first day here on the South side.  I managed to grab three Pikesville under $27 each, a KC Rye 7 year same price, and two FRYL 1.75L @ $33 a piece.  🤩  This was at the smaller, older store.

Today I went to the bigger, newer store.  I only came home with milk and food.

Great pickups.  I would have loved to have seen the Pikesville at my store.   

I've learned the different stores in that grocery chain seem to randomly carry different items.  Even on the exact same item, price can vary quite a bit.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

I went to that same sale early the first day here on the South side.  I managed to grab three Pikesville under $27 each, a KC Rye 7 year same price, and two FRYL 1.75L @ $33 a piece.  🤩  This was at the smaller, older store.

"Pikesville under $27!?"   That had to be a mistake when they priced it.   I would've bought a case.

• I like it 3

22 hours ago, Double C's said:

Once I get my hands on a bottle of the Bardstown Origin Bottled-in-bond wheater, I am going to do a 100pf wheater flight to see how they rank. Current plan is to have; Holladay soft red wheat, Copper Dome wheat whiskey(also from Missouri), Rebel 100, Bardstown Origin BIB wheater, and possibly Makers Mark 101.

Sounds like a great line up.  I would have to add a Weller and a Van Winkle to the line up.  Wish I could be there!  VWIndy

Just couldn’t resist this Maker’s gift set with 2 snowflake embossed rocks glasses.      My challenge will be whether or not I open it for myself, or stay to my original intention of keeping it stowed away as an impromptu gift over the next couple of days.  Thinking option 1 will be my choice. 😆

34104CB1-5E2D-449B-AD77-313BB6CBD458.jpeg

• I like it 7

40 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Just couldn’t resist this Maker’s gift set with 2 snowflake embossed rocks glasses.      My challenge will be whether or not I open it for myself, or stay to my original intention of keeping it stowed away as an impromptu gift over the next couple of days.  Thinking option 1 will be my choice. 😆

34104CB1-5E2D-449B-AD77-313BB6CBD458.jpeg

Go for option 1.....

1 hour ago, VWIndy said:

Sounds like a great line up.  I would have to add a Weller and a Van Winkle to the line up.  Wish I could be there!  VWIndy

I have Weller Special Reserve that I could throw in, but since it is only 90pf I feel like it wouldn't hold up. I've never had the opportunity to buy any Van Winkle bottles from a retailer, so that option is off the table. I like that this lineup is basically all readily available bottles that I can go out and buy easily.

On 12/14/2023 at 6:02 PM, jvd99 said:

Found another Chattanooga BiB. Happy with these. Trying to get anything allocated around here is pretty much a fool’s errand. Been much easier on the single malt front

IMG_6277.jpeg

Should make for an interesting SBS, tasty too!!

• I like it 1

Got these today, didn’t buy, had to trade with local tater shop (uhg!), but that’s the only way. I moved on from a couple semi-dusty scotches I was out of pocket for about $100 total, so good deal for me

IMG_6300.jpeg

• I like it 11

so far so good, tho not cool to be told they had a stagg waiting for me when it was a Jr. ...or nevermind why a Jr. was held back until now, but grateful all the same

17032028604544950226830813472919.jpg

• I like it 5

A local store was doing an allocated drop today. I was surprised they had one of these.  The guy in front of me got the only Coy Hill they had. 

20231221_100019.jpg

Edited by Davesnothere
  • I like it 9

5 hours ago, MadGoodPour said:

so far so good, tho not cool to be told they had a stagg waiting for me when it was a Jr. ...or nevermind why a Jr. was held back until now, but grateful all the same

Yeah it's hard to get used to them calling a Stagg Jr "Stagg" which to me means GTS

• I like it 3

On 12/20/2023 at 6:22 PM, jvd99 said:

Got these today, didn’t buy, had to trade with local tater shop (uhg!), but that’s the only way. I moved on from a couple semi-dusty scotches I was out of pocket for about $100 total, so good deal for me

IMG_6300.jpeg

Great deal indeed.  Win win. 👍

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

A local store was doing an allocated drop today. I was surprised they had one of these.  The guy in front of me got the only Coy Hill they had. 

20231221_100019.jpg

That is a nice pickup.  Plus yours is relatively higher proof than many of the others of that special release.  I haven't tried that exact proof/barrel, but in my limited sample size of the special release I found the higher proof barrels to taste better.  Good luck on yours -- enjoy!

On 12/19/2023 at 7:16 PM, PaulO said:

Pikesville!   I think it's been 2 years since I've seen one of those.    It's become a grail bottle for me.   Thank goodness there's Sagamore!

1 hour ago, Tex Rob said:

3 local stores, all retail or close 🙂

20231222_091223.jpg

20231222_091141.jpg

That's really a great haul...I dont even try anymore. When I picked up my one and only LE this fall, a FRsmBLE the LS manager held for me because we go way back, the guy who gave it to me literally told me to turn the bottle around and go straight to the register because someone might club me on the way to the checkout. That's how ridiculous it's gotten around me. Enjoy!

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, markandrex said:

No pics but passed around a flask with a few friends at a seasonal celebration tonight.  Now that we are home, time for a glass of WTKS to myself.

When we got home I took the dog out and found a wrapped bottle on my front porch from Santa.  I’m guessing it is from my neighbor that I helped out with closing his pool a few months ago.  It is sitting under the tree but will likely get opened tomorrow.  I’m out early to deliver Christmas treats to a few LS friends.  
Continued from last night:

I opened the “Santa” bottle this morning.  It is in the center of the pic.  I’m going to have to talk with my neighbor.  The elves that placed the bottle on my porch looked a lot like his daughters on the ring doorbell.  Also, fyi, Santa is now driving a white Yukon Denali and is clean shaven on the house cameras.

The other two bottles are from stores where I dropped of Christmas treats.  Pic attached.  A third store said they have a bottle with my name on it but their delivery will be later today or tomorrow.

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• I like it 9

On 12/19/2023 at 10:28 PM, PaulO said:

I've learned the different stores in that grocery chain seem to randomly carry different items.  Even on the exact same item, price can vary quite a bit.

It is kind of crazy.  For the longest time, the store in Carmel and down your way had the best variety.  Your store has a better selection of WT products.  However, the store closest to me has really stepped it up.  Even better, while they keep mid-tier allocated bottles like ECBP, HMcK, and Blanton's in the back, they no longer lock up the higher end bottles.  There are several bottles on the shelf that are highly sought after.  It seems like everyday something new or different is on the shelf.  They had several bottles of EC Toasted on the shelf today. 

I see on the internet where the stores in KY get PVW, BTAC, etc. and hold lotteries.  My local store had a lottery a few years ago and it was quite popular but many of the items were mid-tier allocated bottles.  I wonder what happens to their allocation of PVW and BTAC in Indiana?

9 hours ago, Tex Rob said:

3 local stores, all retail or close 🙂

20231222_091223.jpg

20231222_091141.jpg

Wow, awesome!  You done well, my friend!  

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, VWIndy said:

Unreal to see BTAC at retail.  Not in Indiana:}

True dat!  I saw an ORVW for $1,000 the other day.  Yeah, no thanks.