What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Winter 2023?

Skinsfan1311

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Wife is watching a Hallmark Christmas movie.  WTF.  That's ok. She isn't watching me.  Killing off a bottle of OGD 114.  😮😜

Sounds like you found Boebert’s Only Fans page to get you through Hallmark Christmas movie night!  😂

• I like it 5

11 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Sounds like you found Boebert’s Only Fans page to get you through Hallmark Christmas movie night!  😂

😀 Great take!  Unfortunately, all of the content on her Only Fans page is focused on BeetleJuice.  😜😀

HMcK10 tonight while watching...gulp, The Wall.  I love trivia shows like Jeopardy and The Wall where I can pretend to know the answers which I mumble out and regardless of whether I was correct, I can yell out "F...ing a right, I knew it!" 

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 4

One of my all time favorite bottles.  It literally has no shortcomings.

20240309_201711.thumb.jpg.936a54323712ed72a90594234d859a8d.jpg

• I like it 8

RRSBSP,  I love this stuff!  Thankfully, I bunkered a lot before the change of mgt. at my LS.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

RRSBSP,  I love this stuff!  Thankfully, I bunkered a lot before the change of mgt. at my LS.

RRSBSP ... is that RR single barrel store pick I presume?  If so, I agree 110 percent!  👍

When you're having a good palate night, you bring out the better stuff (pro tip).

ECBP batch 12.  Followed by PHC 11th edition (11 yr single barrel). 

Now I've got Evan Williams 12 yr 101 in my glass.  Heaven Hill is really rocking my palate tonight.

• I like it 6

Short pour of MM.  Long story. 😐

• I like it 2

Seems like no one is drinking this week!!!! Yesterday was OF 1910, New Riff and WT 101

• I like it 1

A pour of MM last nite. Same old, same old. Not complaining mind you. 🙂

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Seems like no one is drinking this week!!!! Yesterday was OF 1910, New Riff and WT 101

Bourbon is so over rated when there are so many energy drinks.  😜

JK, sameo, sameo...Monday, KC Rye.  Tuesday, Nothing.  Tonight.  KC Rye and ?

• I like it 3

Doc Swinson, WT 101, MM BEP. 

• I like it 1

I finally decided to get one of those sphere ice ball molds.  I'm testing the results out with KCSB to start Spring Break.  So far, the ice isn't totally clear, but it is nice and round, the whiskey tastes really good.  🥃😉

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

I finally decided to get one of those sphere ice ball molds.  I'm testing the results out with KCSB to start Spring Break.  So far, the ice isn't totally clear, but it is nice and round, the whiskey tastes really good.  🥃😉

Pic please @PaulO.  FWIW, one of my MM Ambassador Xmas presents years ago was their ice-ball mold. It is extremely rare when I have a pour in something other than a glencairn. Usually only when I have a pour at my American Legion post. I use the ice balls in my insulated travel mug with water. Cold for hours..… 😰

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Turkey Day.

RR13.jpg

Actually, it is Pi Day.  Yeah, I know.  Everyone forgot.  

unnamed.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Pic please @PaulO.  FWIW, one of my MM Ambassador Xmas presents years ago was their ice-ball mold. It is extremely rare when I have a pour in something other than a glencairn. Usually only when I have a pour at my American Legion post. I use the ice balls in my insulated travel mug with water. Cold for hours..… 😰

Ice Balls?  Just to clarify.  We are still talking about bourbon, right? 😜

This was gifted and it ain't bad!

20240314_204143.jpg

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Ice Balls?  Just to clarify.  We are still talking about bourbon, right? 😜

Yes, although I did one time make an unsavory comment to someone as a joke. Use your imagination. 😬

IMG_6144.jpeg

IMG_3872.jpeg

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Actually, it is Pi Day.  Yeah, I know.  Everyone forgot. 

As a serious geek, I am especially ashamed of the omission. Age & alcohol....

At least once per year, I go pick up an Evan Williams black.  And, I am always rewarded with an inexpensive but well done bourbon.  Today was that day, and the classic and well done bourbon notes that it provides (caramel, char/smoke, some sweetness, oak, nice mouthfeel), and the memories of my early bourbon days, again proves its quality.  When I see a picture of a bourbon barrel being dumped from any distillery, it makes my mouth water, and this whiskey is what I taste in my imagination.  It’s what I am tasting now. I often say that EW Black is the bar that is set for my evaluation of any craft effort.  Few of those have reached it, and as I sip it now, I wonder if I have set the bar too high.   I really need to have this around on a more regular basis.  

FCE1F003-C315-4DCE-81C3-2CBEBC414C0E.jpeg

413C69A5-133B-43C8-A638-628157EAEE2C.jpeg

• I like it 7

On 3/14/2024 at 7:20 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I got it from Target.  The brand name is Houdini clear ice spheres tray.  It makes four spheres in a row.

• I like it 2