What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Winter 2023?

Skinsfan1311

Buffalo Trace from the fancy decanter.  I had been perusing Facebook today and saw where a local retailer recently received what they referred to as a "substantial drop" of BT.  An exchange in the comments revealed that the 1.75 ml bottles were selling for $110, and there was only one left.  

Taking all this into account, I couldn't help but indulge.  I feel like a king.

• I like it 3

A couple three pours of MM and MM 101 tonight. MM in the glass, then a nice splash of  MM 101 added. It’s been a really busy two or three weeks, and I’ve got at the very least a few more days to go. I’m too lazy to do a precise blend. 😉 🥃

• I like it 5

New Riff,  Doc Swinson, RR 10. More of my regulars!!

• I like it 2

Couldn't bring myself to waste a perfectly good cube, leftover from an after-dinner cocktail 😎

20240229_194147.jpg

• I like it 3

Some 4R SBBP this evening.

• I like it 3

Opened and enjoying.  The heavy mouthfeel is really nice.  

4A46CF6A-0D1E-4C10-B3BB-0132BC3C2C94.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, JakeySnakes said:

Just a splash

IMG_5709.thumb.jpeg.9a3a084eae7832c3b058158c8ed6a7c7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Couldn't bring myself to waste a perfectly good cube, leftover from an after-dinner cocktail 😎

20240229_194147.jpg

59 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Opened and enjoying.  The heavy mouthfeel is really nice.  

4A46CF6A-0D1E-4C10-B3BB-0132BC3C2C94.jpeg

It is quite possible, but not probable, that two of those three bottles will be emptied tonight.  I am not sure @smokinjoewill finish that bottle off tonight. 😀  My money is on @Skinsfan1311 finishing off his bottle first but not tonight.  C'mon guys, time to bring the wives in for a few pours.  One thing leads to another.

Drinking, then sleep.  What were you thinking? 😀

• I like it 4

7 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

It is quite possible, but not probable, that two of those three bottles will be emptied tonight.  I am not sure @smokinjoewill finish that bottle off tonight. 😀  My money is on @Skinsfan1311 finishing off his bottle first but not tonight.  C'mon guys, time to bring the wives in for a few pours.  One thing leads to another.

My money is on @JakeySnakes 

Mrs. Skinsfan is pretty much a "one & done" kind of gal and she's already had an Old Fashioned 😉

• I like it 2

21 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Mrs. Skinsfan is pretty much a "one & done" kind of gal and she's already had an Old Fashioned 😉

Assuming there are 8 ounces in the bottle , my guess is @JakeySnakes has a straw in that bottle and has emptied already.  If so, he will not be going to work tomorrow. 😀  Actually, he has probably put that puppy away and moved on to a.) something else or b.) sleepy time. 

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 3

58 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Assuming there are 8 ounces in the bottle , my guess is @JakeySnakes has a straw in that bottle and has emptied already.  If so, he will not be going to work tomorrow. 😀  Actually, he has probably put that puppy away and moved on to a.) something else or b.) sleepy time. 

I'm not going to work tomorrow........but I'm off every other Friday so....Happy Friday Eve!

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

C'mon guys, time to bring the wives in for a few pours.  One thing leads to another.

No way - SWMBO much prefers Scotch.  And at our age, "Drinking, then sleep" is the norm, NOT the exception!   🤣

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Sadly, I could not pull it off. The folks are coming to stay for the weekend and I was tasked with cleaning the house while working remote. The wife would not of been happy if she came home from work to a dirty house and me still in bed.

After my folks leave on the other hand? I'll probably need what's in there.

• I like it 4

starting the weekend a bit early. Having a neat Knob Creek 9, do not know  where we go from here!! Decisions to be made......

• I like it 2

Early start here, too!  Counting on Woodford MC 124.7 proof to warm up the motor for the weekend!  

4820A261-3793-469B-A9F3-2D192353463F.jpeg

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Sadly, I could not pull it off. The folks are coming to stay for the weekend and I was tasked with cleaning the house while working remote. The wife would not of been happy if she came home from work to a dirty house and me still in bed.

After my folks leave on the other hand? I'll probably need what's in there.

Just tell your wife she knew what she was getting into when she married you!  Does she want you happy or a clean house.  Then make a bed on the couch. 😀

Excuse me while I turn the tv from the basketball game to a Hallmark Christmas movie.  😉😀

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Grady330 said:

starting the weekend a bit early. Having a neat Knob Creek 9, do not know  where we go from here!! Decisions to be made......

A long afternoon on Long Island? 😉

Opened a bottle HMcK10 hidden in the back of the cupboard.  I love how HMcK10 always surprises.  I realize as a single barrel there is variability but I found an occasional bottle over the years that was crazy over the top.  I remember one bottle had a significant white pepper profile.  It was spectacular.  

Tonight's bottle hasn't disappointed.  On the nose, it has a moderate dark fruit profile.  On the pallate, it is oily with a sweet cherry vanilla profile.  No hint of oak.  Then wait for it, wait for it...a build up of warm heat for a long finish.  Almost 5 minutes since I took a sip and blam bla blam, I am still tasting cherry vanilla and feeling the warmth. Very nice! 

Very reminiscent of Smith Brothers Cherry Lozenges but slightly sweeter and a much more pleasant aftertaste.  I wish I could get another bottle.  But, it was a one-off since it was allocated at the store where I bought it and it is long gone now.

• I like it 3

WT101 and some dang good music on this Friday evening 

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

• I like it 5

5 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

WT101 and some dang good music on this Friday evening 

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

I hope the music is as good as the whiskey. 

Cheers

RY10 in my glass earlier. Technically is Rebel 10yr, but I will not refer to this whiskey as “Rebel” just to appease some nick nack. 
Very good whiskey, btw. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Lest we not forget…..Tomorrow is BIB day.

”Each year on March 3, we celebrate Bottled in Bond Day, or the anniversary of the Bottled in Bond Act, which was signed in 1897.” Not sure what or, when I’m gonna pour, but I will pour. Tonight and or tomorrow night? 🤔 

Not pictured is my lone remaining HH 6. Too lazy to dig it out of the  back of the cabinet. 😏

IMG_3852.thumb.jpeg.b1a0fe45eee99f7f8d6c418b97606e0e.jpeg

• I like it 3

Tried blending Larceny BP with regular Larceny.  This pour was two parts BP and one part regular.  Pretty good.  Tamed the heat of the BP without watering it down.  Tried another pour at 50/50 and liked it even better. 

Larceny BP and Larceny.jpg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Tried blending Larceny BP with regular Larceny.  This pour was two parts BP and one part regular.  Pretty good.  Tamed the heat of the BP without watering it down.  Tried another pour at 50/50 and liked it even better. 

Larceny BP and Larceny.jpg

The 50/50 blend works for me too.

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Lest we not forget…..Tomorrow is BIB day.

”Each year on March 3, we celebrate Bottled in Bond Day, or the anniversary of the Bottled in Bond Act, which was signed in 1897.” Not sure what or, when I’m gonna pour, but I will pour. Tonight and or tomorrow night? 🤔 

Not pictured is my lone remaining HH 6. Too lazy to get it out for the  back of the cabinet. 😏

IMG_3852.thumb.jpeg.b1a0fe45eee99f7f8d6c418b97606e0e.jpeg

Hmmm...you don't want to hurt any feelings so you will need to have a pour of each.  

• I like it 1