What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Winter 2023?

Skinsfan1311

Two days in and already a crazy week.  Yet, I have learned a lot from some pretty smart people.  I am deadening, er, clearing my mind with a couple of pours of OGD114.  Several members including @smokinjoe have indicated this fine bourbon seems to keep finding its way into their shopping cart.  I couldn't resist any more.

• I like it 4

a dreary cool overcast day, and this one seems to hit the spot tonight.

20240305_195147.jpg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Two days in and already a crazy week.  Yet, I have learned a lot from some pretty smart people.  I am deadening, er, clearing my mind with a couple of pours of OGD114.  Several members including @smokinjoe have indicated this fine bourbon seems to keep finding its way into their shopping cart.  I couldn't resist any more.

It is a very fine bourbon at a very good price point.  

• I like it 1

Yesterday was a Doc Swinson, MM BEP, and New Riff. All so good................ New Riff has been hit and miss for me lately. Last bottle was Meh, latest is exceptional. 

• I like it 1

Ever notice that the last bite of a burger is the best?  Just ended a RR 10 that was barely OK. Usually love this stuff , this last swill is just spectacular.  Why? Air, time open?  Brain problem?

• I like it 3

a little Benchmark bonded while grilling up some dinner.

20240306_182141.jpg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Ever notice that the last bite of a burger is the best?  Just ended a RR 10 that was barely OK. Usually love this stuff , this last swill is just spectacular.  Why? Air, time open?  Brain problem?

Too crazy, yet true.  Nice take.  I vote for sadness that it will soon be gone.  First time, I went to Florida years ago, I was already planning my return on the plane ride home.  Air time? Brain problem? 😀

• I like it 1

MM this evening.  Hard to beat a classic.

• I like it 3

OGD114 while watching Emily in Paris.  Great bourbon, great series.

• I like it 1

Stagg Jr, Marriott pick. It was good. And thankfully I was not the one paying hotel prices.

• I like it 6

At a restaurant in Asheville, NC: I.W. Harper 15 year. $30 for a jigger’s worth. I ordered it because I had never had it and the wife and I were on vacation. Lesson learned, check the price list first. 

• I like it 5

Some Still Austin Red corn BiB.  This bottle is just about done, and it's been good.

• I like it 5

Bookers Bardstown Batch.

IMG_1256.jpeg

• I like it 5

On 3/6/2024 at 2:05 PM, Grady330 said:

On 3/6/2024 at 7:57 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Too crazy, yet true.  Nice take.  I vote for sadness that it will soon be gone.  First time, I went to Florida years ago, I was already planning my return on the plane ride home.  Air time? Brain problem? 😀

I always hate it when I realize I have a brain problem. 🧠

• I like it 2

George Dickel 8 yr tonight. I was gonna hit up ol' trusty WT 101, but the GD was calling my name.  Lesson learned.  Don't tell ' em your name.  Bastards won't leave you alone.

• I like it 2

Had a mixed bag at bourbon night this week. Notably a hogs leg…. I have not opened up a Jefferson‘s 21 Rye in years. Several of the people there did not even know it existed, it was definitely the best pour of the night. 
34B99270-A259-4B88-BCAF-3EEFBA5BA778.thumb.jpeg.4e3853a41cf84aab5b0a8652d4b3fccc.jpeg

2971C8EE-C6B3-41E2-8F41-731D8E161B67.thumb.jpeg.c6c7c4fe803e2001401d3df3578e25ee.jpeg

• I like it 12

15 hours ago, Kepler said:

Some Still Austin Red corn BiB.  This bottle is just about done, and it's been good.

I have read good reviews.  The local Total Wine has started stocking Still Austin products. They have some great bottles. I will be watching for the Red Corn BIB.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Had a mixed bag at bourbon night this week. Notably a hogs leg…. I have not opened up a Jefferson‘s 21 Rye in years. Several of the people there did not even know it existed, it was definitely the best pour of the night. 

Nice pours. A few people. Where’s Buddy? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Looking good @LCWoody. 😁

• I like it 2

Doc Swinson Blenders Cut, KC 9, Wt101, it was a good evening. 

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, LCWoody said:

34B99270-A259-4B88-BCAF-3EEFBA5BA778.thumb.jpeg.4e3853a41cf84aab5b0a8652d4b3fccc.jpeg

2971C8EE-C6B3-41E2-8F41-731D8E161B67.thumb.jpeg.c6c7c4fe803e2001401d3df3578e25ee.jpeg

What a great spread!  Is that a Serrano Ham?  Between the bourbon, food spread, and baby, I am envious!  Good times!  Cheers!

• I like it 1

Wife is watching a Hallmark Christmas movie.  WTF.  That's ok. She isn't watching me.  Killing off a bottle of OGD 114.  😮😜

• I like it 5

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have read good reviews.  The local Total Wine has started stocking Still Austin products. They have some great bottles. I will be watching for the Red Corn BIB.

If you don't see the red corn, I can also recommend the blue corn and it's more recent.   I hear that they just released their latest seasonal BiB which is a straight rye.

https://www.stillaustin.com/booze/bottled-in-bond

• I like it 1

started off the evening with some Woodford,  then finished the last pour from a family size bottle of EW bib, and now a pour of a local distillery product I really like.

20240308_174918.jpg

• I like it 1

On 3/3/2024 at 2:43 PM, Patrick_OKC said:

4R SmB is one of my go-tos. Consistent.

Consistent. That is perfect. I wish, I’d thought of that. Spot on. I always know what I am in for, with 4R SmB. That cannot be said for way too many brands, even one of my faves, WT101

Cheers. 

• I like it 2

On 3/6/2024 at 8:45 PM, mbroo5880i said:

OGD114 while watching Emily in Paris.  Great bourbon, great series.

Ms Wedel likes that series, but I’ve been able to avoid watching a single show. Sounds like a mistake?  

Cheers