What bourbon are you drinking now?

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hmmm... I'm going to have to pick up a bottle of EC some time - it seems to be quite well-liked and it's also inexpensive. A very good combo.

Tonight, on a lovely evening for sitting out on the front porch, I started out with (yeah, off-topic) Talisker 18yo - a wonderful dram if you like Scotch, and not much more than the 10yo version. yum.gif I'm now following up with (on-topic) a pour of '05 George T. Stagg.

There's only one problem with Stagg... the whiskey in the bottle has a tendency to vanish. drink.gifyum.gif

There's only one problem with Stagg... the whiskey in the bottle has a tendency to vanish. drink.gifyum.gif

I don't consider that a problem as long as you enjoy every drop of it as I do. I figure that if we hadn't been meant to consume bourbon, the good Lord wouldn't have allowed man to make it so TASTY. yum.gif

Tonight I'm going blue collar - WT 101. Always good.

toast.gif

Tonight I'm going blue collar - WT 101. Always good.

toast.gif

The Kickin' Chicken

toast.gif

I figure that if we hadn't been meant to consume bourbon, the good Lord wouldn't have allowed man to make it so TASTY.

AMEN brother Dane!!!!! pope.gif

I figure that if we hadn't been meant to consume bourbon, the good Lord wouldn't have allowed man to make it so TASTY.

AMEN brother Dane!!!!! pope.gif

Or, to hijack another frequently cited quotation . . .

Bourbon is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I'm drinking Evan Williams SB-94. Did anyone try this one back to back with the '95?? What's the verdict? usflag.gif

The EWSB 95, IMO, is much better than the '94. It has a creamy vanilla taste as soon as it hits the tongue. yum.gifdrink.gif

Just so long as those angles keep to the rick house and away from my bottle!

Ed

Thanks Fred,

What does IMO mean?

p.s. we are neighbors. I live in Sinking Spring.

Joe toast.gif

IMO = "In My Opinion"

- - -

I opened a bottle of the special non-chillfiltered version of Rock Hill Farms (available from Sam's Wine). It's delicious! Seems thicker and richer than the other RHF I've had, with a sparkle in the finish that commands attention. Excellent stuff.

Wild Turkey 12 y/o, for the second night in a row.

When I popped the cork tonight, the aroma of fresh pears enveloped me. I don't recall noticing that element before. In the glass the aroma of pears subsided in favor of caramel. Is there such a think as a caramel pear, in the fashion of a caramel apple? If so, Wild Turkey 12 y/o might be the perfect complement to it.

Perhaps it's the power of my own suggestion, but on the palate I sense the additional flavor of finely chopped peanuts.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Wild Turkey 8 YO, i really think this bourbon should be paid more attention to.

Wild Turkey 8 YO, i really think this bourbon should be paid more attention to.

The fact that it's not distributed domestically makes it hard to pay too much attention to it. I most recently had it last fall on a cruise. By all means, I'd buy it if I could find it.

Had a Fighting cock 15 year old followed by a small pour of Old Rip Van Winkle 10 and I think I will have an even smaller pour of Very Olde Saint Nick 8 year old before turning in .

Ed

Here's an off the wall pour.

Kentucky Supreme 8 yr. Not bad for a cheapo. Anybody know who bottles this? My guess would be HH.

Gonna jump to some WT Spirit before going to bed. I need some spice. I love my rye! The nose on this stuff is awesome. Bourbon is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. woohoo.gif

Oh, I forgot to ask, where did you get FC 15yr? I've only seen 6yr.

Thanks!

p.s. Oh, I see now....American in Japan... got it. Clever.gif

Tonight I'm having a pour (a couple of pours) of plain old Ezra Brooks and a fine Costa Rican cigar. The Ezra is by no means the finest in the bunker, but, you know, I keep buying more. usflag.gif

I'm working on my last pour of '05 Stagg from my open bottle... fortunately there are four more bunkered, three of them in a boxed set. yum.gif

I'm not sure if I'll open something new tomorrow, or just take a nip or two from something else that's already open...

Rock Hill Farms. One of my all time favorites, and for some reason, the only premium bourbon I've found that's slowly gotten cheaper in the past couple of years, at least out here in CA. I used to never be able to find it for less than $50/bottle, but now I can sometimes find it for $45 or slightly less.

Old Grand Dad BIB... this is some mighty fine bourbon and a steal at the price ($14) here in K.C. Even cheaper if you buy it in the 1.75 tub. It's very close to the excellent OGD 114, which I would be tasting now as well except the bottle seems to be empty. Also ORVW 10yo... quite a bit better than the OGD BIB I must admit-- although the cheapskate in me would like to think they're closer than they really are. Just sublime stuff, and I'd consider this a major, major bargain as well at the $22 or or so it goes for here.

Makes one feel fortunate to be a bourbon afficianiado, not paying the comparatively outlandish prices for the single malt scotches.

Old Rip van Winkle 10 y.o. 90 proof.

first time trying a Van Winkle product(i'm a newb) and I was very very impressed with the quality/price. Although I usually like something a bit hotter, this was such a nice smooth flavor but at the same time not too sweet. To me the flavor tastes of cherry and caramel. this makes a great after dinner drink. good stuff!

<font color="red">HEY</font> I resemble that remark! lol.gif

Currently sipping on Martin Mills 24 yo.

Makes one feel fortunate to be a bourbon afficianiado, not paying the comparatively outlandish prices for the single malt scotches.

Having just finished racking my porter to secondary, I'm enjoying a small pour of GTS '05 with a splash of water. Tonight I am getting lots of citrus and spice with a good measure of tobacco. Stagg always satisfies yum.gif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!