What bourbon are you drinking now? Summer '06 edition

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A wonderful night, a Cuban Romeo y Julieta and a snifter of Tribute. It was indescribable.

Have not replied to this in quite a while....

Tonite was a healthy pour of Eagle Rare 17 on ice, don't ask why, I guess just because it has been hot here lately that I felt like having something on ice. It was quite enjoyable that way actually! I followed that up with some Bakers on the remaining ice (I drink fast) and it was was very good also.

After that I felt the need for "just a little bit more" so I had a swig of the bakers right from the bottle. What can I say I just moved into a new place and have no glasses or anything situated very well yet!!

I have to say I enjoy Bakers immensely.

Last night was wheat night here, Weller 107, ORWV 10 107, and PVW 15. Great night.

After reading Christian's post last night, I decided to go with a 2004 Eagle Rare 17 tonight. It's been a while since I visited this one, and I have forgotten how very good it is. Thanks, Christian. Any more good suggestions are welcome.

JOE

Tonight, it is a Wild Turkey 101 Manhattan cocktail with heavy Angostura bitters (8-10 drops). Delicious. I am glad that bottle of Bulleit is finally gone.

Tim

Tonight it's WT Kentucky Spirit neat. The more I sample this one, the more I appreciate it. Quite a bargain IMO.

Kevin

Tonight I am finishing off a bottle of VWFRR. Excellent flavor, very much have enjoyed this bottle.

Tomorrow I have my work buddies coming over for a BBQ and a little Bourbon tasting. I do not have an extensive bunker, and am curious as to what they will want to try. I am thinking maybe of working through Charles Cowdreys Age vs. Youth suggestion from his book. I can do it with the HH selection. Henry McKenna, Evan Williams, Elijah Craig 12 and finish with Elijah Craig 18...that might be interesting and I have the bottles for that one. Or maybe just relax and let them open a few that look good.

Hope your all having a great weekend.

:toast:

A snifter of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. The bottle is almost empty now and it's definitely on my list of things to buy again.

In light of my girlfriend moving to Minnesota I have opted for whatever might make me feel better. So tonite I finished off the bottle of WT Tribute, yeah I know that sounds crazy...

Now I am working on a 32oz. Miller High Life light while I put clothes away. I need to learn my new roommates schedule cuz I feel pretty awkward when I am up pounding bourbon and beer and doing laundry when he and his girl come in and flop on the couch at 12am..... Dude, it's early what's the deal!?!?!?!?

This weekend my goal is to finish off a bottle of GTS Spring 2005.

This weekend my goal is to finish off a bottle of GTS Spring 2005.

Careful John, if not done in the proper moderation that can be a painful task, I know from experience!

having a pour of Old Weller 107...picked up the bottle yesterday for $20. it is very good so far.

After reading Christian's post last night, I decided to go with a 2004 Eagle Rare 17 tonight. It's been a while since I visited this one, and I have forgotten how very good it is. Thanks, Christian. Any more good suggestions are welcome.

JOE

I have an '04 ER 17 open as well. Quite nice.

I have an '04 ER 17 open as well. Quite nice.

I, too, love the 2004 ER17, but with every bottle I see opened, it makes me that much more reluctant to pop any of the half-dozen or so I have left :skep: -- there were only 1,050 of them in the first place! Whether as a collectible or comestible, this one ain't gonna be replaceable.

I, too, love the 2004 ER17, but with every bottle I see opened, it makes me that much more reluctant to pop any of the half-dozen or so I have left :skep: -- there were only 1,050 of them in the first place! Whether as a collectible or comestible, this one ain't gonna be replaceable.

I thought they had up'd the production of those after 2000, or was that not until this recent 2005 release?

Either way you are making me think twice about letting go of the extra I have from 2003!

I'm having a Buffalo Trace right now, to be followed by a Weller's Old Antique 107. Mmmmmm,,,,,,,bourbon,,,,,,,grgggllllle..........

I thought they had up'd the production of those after 2000, or was that not until this recent 2005 release?

Either way you are making me think twice about letting go of the extra I have from 2003!

I'm speaking specifically of the 2004 issue -- there were 1,050 bottles produced. It's in a thread here somewhere, or you can extrapolate it from the info sheet that comes in a 3-pack. BT found very few suitable ER17 barrels in 2004.

I'm having a nip of OGD 114, after a couple of earlier Manhattans. As usual, OGD 114 has its incredible spicy-sweet taste...

well, tonight a double pour of WTKS is finding itself to suit the mood. i am trying it with a sigle ice cube tonight, just to mix it up a little. undecided on the ice cube. will have one more, neat, to make up my mind.

I'm speaking specifically of the 2004 issue -- there were 1,050 bottles produced. It's in a thread here somewhere, or you can extrapolate it from the info sheet that comes in a 3-pack. BT found very few suitable ER17 barrels in 2004.

You know Tim, every time I ask for that piece of paper whenever I have purchased any of the AC bottlings I am told they just "throw it out with the box..." Very frustrating it is as I'd really like to read what is on there sometime! I was even going to purchase 3 bottles of Stagg from BevMo and asked specifically could I please get the box and paper that these came with so I can put them away? Nope sorry threw it out.......

I searched (and I am not good with the search function) and could not find the numbers so I am not going to worry about it. All I know is I got the 2000/2003 Saz & ER and will probably never see any of the others except for the 05 which can still be found - as well as future releases that is.

Anyway tonite a little Lot B, and then I am going to try get to bed early as I think I have slept no more than 5 hours each night since moving into this new place. :stickpoke:

Oops had a little Pappy 20 as well.

Last night was a tequila night, Cielo Anejo and Corazon Anejo, both very good. Tonight its Weller 12, thanks go out to TomH. Its the first time I've had it and I love it. I will definately have to get another bottle. I highly recommend it to any fan of the wheaters.

I was lucky enough to be able to bunker a few of them. just picked them up months ago not realizing that there were so low in production numbers.

I'm pretty much going to pick up any Antique Collection pre 2005, because they are hard to find and I like drinkin' em! Greg

So Tim, I figure you might have the answer to this, what is the lowest production # of any year Antique Bottling?

Greg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!