Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

Another interesting tidbit about this show is that one of the writers is from Dallas and was a big fan of the local sports station (The Ticket for those of you in the metroplex, he was a P1), so he often uses Ticket personalities when naming characters, or Ticket inside jokes as some of the dialogue even.

Hmmmm, Apparently I'm not in the know about 'The Ticket'. ....... What is it? ....And, What's 'P1'?

The ticket is one of the all sports radio stations here (there are 3, but the ticket is the ratings king.) P1 means Preset 1, as in your first preset station. Ticket listeners are referred to P1s. There's a whole dictionary related to ticket terms and if you watch Justified I guarantee you've heard many of them without even knowing it or what they mean.

Another interesting tidbit about this show is that one of the writers is from Dallas and was a big fan of the local sports station (The Ticket for those of you in the metroplex, he was a P1), so he often uses Ticket personalities when naming characters, or Ticket inside jokes as some of the dialogue even.

I noticed the reference a couple of weeks ago to LHO obsessed Gordon Keith, followed by a mention of someone named Grubes. ( both Ticket on air personalities). I knew Walton Goggins knew those guys, but now I know why they got nods in that episode.

I noticed the reference a couple of weeks ago to LHO obsessed Gordon Keith, followed by a mention of someone named Grubes. ( both Ticket on air personalities). I knew Walton Goggins knew those guys, but now I know why they got nods in that episode.

Yea, the ticket was a big fan of the shield and had goggins on for interviews damn near 10 years ago.

Edited by dcbt

Boyd was back again drinking ETL. It looked like Ava poured herself some AA.

The way Boyd knocks back his ETL, he must have a good distributor down in Harlan County. Guess that was some single malt Markhum brought for the old McCready lady.

A bottle of Knob Creek was featured prominently on Better Call Saul last night. I think he even referred to it as "fine Kentucky bourbon".

A bottle of Knob Creek was featured prominently on Better Call Saul last night. I think he even referred to it as "fine Kentucky bourbon".

He didn't drink it though. It seems he only drinks gin or vodka on the show.

He didn't drink it though. It seems he only drinks gin or vodka on the show.

If I recall correctly, last night he bought gin, tequila and the Knob Creek. When they finally showed him drinking it appeared to be the gin.

No bourbon in Justified tonight. That could be a first.

great episode though regardless

No bourbon in Justified tonight. That could be a first.

There's going to be a lot more dyin' than drinkin' in these last episodes.

Not a bourbon, not a movie, but . . .

The second half of the 4-hour (?) Frank Sinatra Special on PBS at its 41 minute mark features the Las Vegas crowd (AKA, the ratpack, AKA, the Clan) in the early 1960s and, no surprise, features a full-0n shot of a bottle of JD. It talks some about the heavy drinking. I've read elsewhere that Frank Sinatra used to carry a glass of JD rocks everywhere and actually picked on friends who didn't do the same. Whatever . . .

Watching the Stooges "Three Little Sew and Sews" where Curly is a tailor dressed as an Admiral named Taylor.

Someone: "Hello Admiral Taylor"

Curly: "How'd you know I was a Taylor?"

Moe: "Everyone knows Old Taylor is 100 proof!"

Not a movie (Hawaii 50 TV series), and probably not a real Bourbon.. at least not one I've run across....

But, a central part of the plot in last night's episode was a bottle of "Old Hartigan" bourbon that had been injected with cyanide.

In the series finale of Justified, Art Mullen opens his safe as he's finally sending Raylan Givens back to Florida. Just before Raylan leaves, Art pours 'em each a quaff of Blanton's.

I guess Art had finished off the Pappy he'd kept in the safe previously.

Me too, I was sipping on some Pappy 20 myself, in anticipation of the moment....

And then Art "cheaps" out with the Blanton's...

Me too, I was sipping on some Pappy 20 myself, in anticipation of the moment....

And then Art "cheaps" out with the Blanton's...

I think Art probably finished the Pappy last season when they caught Theo Tonin.

Best Bars in America on the Esquire Network had a Kentucky episode last night. They visited Rye, Haymarket, Garage Bar, Four Roses and a couple other places. They had the guys from the show Brew Dogs on and one of the guys made a New Old Fashioned with beer and ER17. I'm sure the purists won't be too happy with that one.

Watched Training day yesterday, when they are about to get rid of the new guy at the poker table , I believe there's a shot of a 1/5th of OGD behind one of the beer bottles. I used to have a '79 Monte just like that one, man I loved that car.

Remembered a few minutes ago that there was bourbon in the Last House on the Left remake that I saw a few weeks back. I'm not sure of the brand or if they actually show the label, I'm thinking Jim Beam or Evan Williams but I'm not really sure at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

In the opening scenes of Wednesday night's episode of Chicago P.D. there was a quick pan with a brief stop, showing 3-liquor bottles on the kitchen counter of the young lady detective. A bottle of Blanton's peeks out from between/behind the vodka and some other bottle.

Was watching the classic Dirty Harry series again, and in the one scene when he's in the Captains office after he got his ass kicked by the pyscho , he asks if he's got a belt of booze, the captain pulls out of his drawer what looks like a gold foil O Fitz white label.