Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

Watching the latest episode of Mad Men. Don has the kid who cleans motel rooms bring him a bottle of whiskey. Sitting on the night stand, the label looked like OGD from the side. Later, at the American Legion, Old Crow made an appearance along with Lone Star beer.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
cleans not clans

I was around in Oklahoma in those days and I don't remember Lone Star being that prevalent. At all..........

I was around in Oklahoma in those days and I don't remember Lone Star being that prevalent. At all..........
Agreed. My first glance made me think of Iron City, but I kept staring because I didn't think a Pittsburgh beer would be that far West. They were Lone Star cans. The Old Crow was unmistakable - that's what my Dad drank every night with Tab. Plus, it was peeking over the top of the cans.

On this week's episode of Veep, Madame President asked for and received a "bourbon neat". Still a great show.

In Office Space you can see Tom, the Jump to Conclusions guy, drinking a pint of WT101 before trying to commit suicide...

Season Finale of NCIS:New Orleans, Pride hands the medical examiner a glass of "Sazerac... light on the bitters".

Season Finale of NCIS:New Orleans, Pride hands the medical examiner a glass of "Sazerac... light on the bitters".

That was a Sazerac cocktail and not the Sazerac brand of rye whiskey from BT. Although it could certainly have been made with said whiskey!

That was a Sazerac cocktail and not the Sazerac brand of rye whiskey from BT. Although it could certainly have been made with said whiskey!

• 2 weeks later...

ffed4242ccd7aab7576287aa2d83cc67.jpg

I recently re-watched one of my favorite early '90s movies and noticed this KSBW bottle during a brief moment of calm.

They also threw in a cameo by my daily drinker beer from 1994 as well.b3e35216e02ae522714ed46fcea34efa.jpg

Decided to catch up on the new NBC series "Aquarius" (I was kind of obsessed with those crazy Manson types in my youth, not in following them, but in a profiler kind of way).

Episode 4 has a bottle of Maker's Mark shown pretty clearly. (Many years before I knew it existed, and while I now know it was around in the 60's, it did spur me to look up exactly when it was first sold - 1958).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching Crazy, Stupid, Love with the wife and all of a sudden Pappy Van Winkle 20 Yr makes a cameo

More like Ghost of Pappy as I've no doubt the props dept. has long since replaced the original contents with colored water.

Ballers on Sunday eveningwith "The Rock" had a bottle of Blantons on the counter at a party.

ha, nice. that is next up on my playlist but not sure when I will get to it.

On Aquarius (TV show about the Charles Manson era in LA), David Duchovny pours from what appears to be a period correct bottle of IW Harper.

On Ray Donovan from last night Abby's niece reaches behind the bar for a 'shot for the road' and grabs a bottle of Bulleit.

Not a bourbon but too good (bad?) to pass up --

PBS-UK aired Season 10, Episode 8 of 'Midsomer Murders' called, "Death in a Chocolate Box." It first aired in England on 17 May 2008. The wife of the local pub owner likes Southern Comfort so much that she keeps an inverted bottle in the quick-serve rack holding whisky bottles and has another bottle on the rail from which she pours a hefty glass for herself and another for Inspector Barnaby. Neither made a face while sipping (gulping?), and she says something like "A little Southern Comfort gets me through the day."

I watched the movie Danny Collins yesterday with Al Pacino. He's drinking some Rock Hill Farms in one scene and then later some Hancock's.